PDA

View Full Version : Irish Apuger's get-together.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

thefizz
04-18-2007, 08:57 AM
count me in, too.

i think i'll def. be coming up the day before because, at least according to the bus eireann website, it takes 5 hours from cork. can that really be the case? my geography is a little shaky... please help me out with some travel tips!

:-)

catherine

There seems to be a few different routes, the quickest at about four hours. I guess the roads would not be as good as say Cork to Dublin so it may be slow.

Fintan
04-19-2007, 05:50 AM
I'm still not sure if I'll overnight on Friday or go early Saturday morning, what are you guys doing?

dferrie
04-19-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm going to travel on the morning, there again I don't mind an early start.

David

thefizz
04-19-2007, 10:57 AM
I was planning to stay over on Friday night but have discovered today that the site opens at 10am so driving Saturday would not be as bad as I thought.

I would still stay over Friday if anyone else is staying, so we can meet up for a drink and talk shop.

I have spoken to one of the staff in the visitor centre and he said they have no problem with a gang of photographers arriving with their big cameras and tripods so long as we don't obstruct any other visitors. He also said we would need permission from the OPW if we wanted to distribute or sell any images.

Peter

Síle
04-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for checking all that out Peter! It never even struck me to ring.. I'm glad someone has their head screwed on right and is thinking ahead!
I hope to get down on Friday night too, but won't know til a little closer to the date..

Síle

fluffy_penguins
04-19-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm gonna come up Friday and stay somewhere nearby-ish, 'cos there is no way the bus will get me there on Saturday morning. I will say I'm getting very good at 1st gear, 2nd gear, and reverse ... but still a bit nervous in 3rd gear. Oh... and I can go around the roundabout in the correct direction! There's hope for me yet... It's a good thing it takes 10 months to get a test date...

:-)

Cath.

Fintan
04-20-2007, 04:46 AM
fluffy PM me and i might be able to help you get there

thefizz
05-03-2007, 01:53 PM
So we have just over a week to go to Clonmacnoise and I'm really looking forward to it.

The site opens at 10am so lets meet up a little before that and we can make our introductions.

How do you all feel about having some lunch together in one of the nearby towns? There is a cafe in the visitor centre but it sounds limited with only soup, sandwiches and quiche etc. If we leave the site for lunch and want to go back, there is no problem once we keep our entrance tickets.

Tripods are allowed as long as we don't obstruct other visitors.

So get your gear ready and stock up on your favourite films.

Peter

Fintan
05-04-2007, 02:53 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8707/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Sounds great to me. We can check out the cafe when we are down there and if the menu isn't great we can go to Heineys pub in Ferbane which isn't very far away.

Síle
05-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Sounds good to me too, I've decided to come down Saturday morning but will get there early enough to meet up with everyone beforehand.
Lunch off site sounds like a good idea too, I'll fall in with what everyone else decides..
Looking forward to it now too :)

Síle

Fintan
05-09-2007, 06:08 AM
I'll be there about 9.30 and hope to pick up the penguins in Athlone on the way there.

dferrie
05-09-2007, 08:27 AM
I'll be there about 9.30 and hope to pick up the penguins in Athlone on the way there.

I'm going to travel on Saturday morning, as we have no penguins in Bray it will be just myself and Síle. Hoping to get there around 9.30 too. I'm looking forward to the day and have even dusted of some of my OLD minolta manual kit for a back to basics experiment.

David

Síle
05-09-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm going to travel on Saturday morning, as we have no penguins in Bray it will be just myself and Síle.

David
We may have no penguins.. but I do know a few old birds if you want me to dust them off?
:p

thefizz
05-09-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm looking forward to the day and have even dusted of some of my OLD minolta manual kit for a back to basics experiment.

David

That's music to my ears.

Fintan
05-09-2007, 09:45 AM
We may have no penguins.. but I do know a few old birds if you want me to dust them off?

All analog birds welcome, old or otherwise :D :D :D

dferrie
05-09-2007, 12:33 PM

Ah, you're not that old, yet, and I ain't putting any dusty old birds in my car... dusty cameras maybe. :rolleyes:

Just checked, have cameras, lenses, tripod and light meter but can't find a single roll of B+W film :mad: I know I had some! Now it's off to find somewhere that sells that funny film stuff that goes in real cameras. It's times like this that I really miss WJ Owens Shop!

David

thefizz
05-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Let my know if you are stuck for film David, the chances are I will have what you need.

Peter

dferrie
05-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Let my know if you are stuck for film David, the chances are I will have what you need.

Thanks Peter, I may have found what some in Bray. Its T-Max, but at least its not C41 process and is 100 ASA (oops, showing my age, ISO). But will shot if I get stuck.

David

fluffy_penguins
05-09-2007, 06:19 PM
hello all,

i'm looking forward to saturday - but i have one simple question, one that i must know the answer to before saturday. how do you pronounce clonmacnoise?

catherine

ps are you sure there are no penguins in bray? have you checked the chip shop? penguins like chips.

dferrie
05-09-2007, 06:47 PM
ps are you sure there are no penguins in bray? have you checked the chip shop? penguins like chips.

There was a report of some lurking near the Sealife center but nothing confirmed.

Clon - mack - noice, probably way off. Here's one for you to try work out:

Kilmacanogue

David