PDA

View Full Version : Need to rent a Darkroom?

Pages : 1 [2]

edhead2008
02-20-2009, 04:15 PM
A quick note from Galway..
If anyone needs a darkroom (like me!!), there is one available for renting at the Galway Art Centre in Dominick Street. It's basic, it has 3 enlargers available and a lot of accessories..But that's enough for an absolute beginner like me.
The only commitment is the yearly membership fee, but the rent is only 8.

Bad news: I went into the Arts Centre a couple of weeks ago and they told me that the darkroom has closed. I know that the GMIT Cluain Mhuire campus has a darkroom, but as far as I know, its only open to students of the college.

Does anyone else know of any public accessible darkroom in Galway?

Cheers,

Eamo

Lismoreian
04-26-2009, 03:53 PM
just a note to those who maybe in the West Waterford/East Cork area-the Lismore Gallery and Photographic Studio, Main Street Lismore Co. Waterford, does have a darkroom for hire. There are five enlargers that can accommodate medium format negatives. Chemisty and equipment is supplied. Long term letting is available. Please contact the Lismore Gallery.com

boxG
09-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Block T in Dublin have just built a brilliant new darkroom. It's a lovely space with six or seven enlargers, ranging from an old leitz egg-shaped model to a gigantic durst standalone that can deal with large format negs.

There will be courses run out of the darkroom and it is also available to rent. 40 euro for an 8-hour session is the price being talked about at the moment, no membership fee either. The prices get a little more expensive for shorter sessions, but it's still extremely reasonable.

You can inquire about rental by emailing smithfieldarts at gmail.com

Check out the Block T website too - blockt dot ie

studio 120
07-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know for anyone who needs the use of a Darkroom in the Waterford area our darkroom is for hire.

35mm to 5 x 4 printing available.

www.studio120.ie

Jesper
07-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Try Ilfords initiativ localdarkroom.com if you are looking for a darkroom.

studio 120
07-09-2014, 05:31 AM
Try Ilfords initiativ localdarkroom.com if you are looking for a darkroom.

Yes it is a very good resource. I have added our Darkroom there.