PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Region - Introductions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

thefizz
05-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi Bill, Donegal is too far for me but if you are passing through Meath, let me know and we can possibly meet.

chipchops123
07-20-2009, 06:51 AM
Hello,

My name is Eve and I live in Galway, I am new to the APUG website and the entire darkroom scene to be honest. I got my first SLR six years ago and never looked back. I shoot both digital and 35mm and am lucky enough to have come into possession of quite a lot of darkroom equipment.

I have almost everything to get up and running but having never processed a film or a print myself before. I will be looking to you guys for help and encouragement along the way. I have yet to set up my actual processing space but intend to start blacking out windows and mixing chemicals this week, I have a good book but know that nothing beats practical experience so I look forward to receiving tips and tricks from all those that have previously been in my "newbie" position.

I can't wait to be in full control of all my black and white prints and negatives. It's very exciting!

thefizz
07-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi Eve,

Welcome to the Irish corner of Apug.

Peter

Vincent Brady
07-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi Eve,

Welcome to the Irish section of APUG. There is a camera club in Galway and I'm sure there must be 1 or 2 people left there who still work with film. Check out the Irish Photographic Federation web site for a contact. Of course there is always us.

Cheers
TEX

chipchops123
07-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Thanks for my welcomes. I have about a hundred questions about getting started with the film processing and contact prints etc but I reckon I should head over to the other more specific forums for that. Can anyone tell me where is best to post real beginners questions....? I've had a quick read of previously posted questions but many seem to be above my level of experience.

thefizz
07-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Hi Eve, just post in the section which bests suits your question, i.e. if you have a question on film, paper or chemistry, use that forum and don't worry how basic you think your question is. Apug is for photographers of all levels.

Peter

James Shelley
08-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Hi,
James here, Leixlip Co Kildare. Only registered online this morning - So hello everyone.
So far not a mamber of any camera club, only online when I get a chance. Currently trying to setup a personal webspace.

I hope to pop in/out of forums regularly to learn and share. But if anything is happening local you might think is of interest, please e-mail me.

I'm still using film - Slide mainly, B+W occasionally. Sometime soon - I'ld love to resurrect a darkroom, but that is on end of a long list.....

Hope to say hello more often and see how this forum goes.

thefizz
08-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Hi James, welcome to apug.

Peter

Fintan
08-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Welcome James from down the road in Portlaoise

Vincent Brady
08-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Hello James and welcome to the Irish section. Stay in touch.

Cheers
TEX

monosnaps
08-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Welcome James, just down the road from you in Kilcock.

James Shelley
08-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the Hellos folks.
Nice to see people locally as well as around the country !

I'm heading in to Peoples-photography.com on St stephens green at the weekend. The brother (He's digital...poor sod) and I have spots booked.
Anyone else showing? I'ld like to drop by their spot say hello !

Anyone any pro's/con's about the green event ? (should this be a forum thread ??)

Again thanks for the hellos

J..

hughennis
10-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,
I'm Hugh Ennis from Swords -I've been floating in and out of here for a ages but finally feel able to introduce myself as I've just started my own darkroom printing in the last few weeks .I'm taking a 6 month total break from digital and enjoying the first few weeks! I've been using a Seagull 203 (not bad when stoppped down) but have a Fuji GA645ZI on the way from UK as I write .
In the darkroom I'm using a Kaiser VPM multigrade enlarger . I just got 2 boxes of paper Ilford RC MGIV , one gloss one pearl to get myself the feel of things . So far its going ok although I need to resist the tempation to put the lights up everytime I make a print and just go at it more ,
wishing you all well,
Hugh.

thefizz
10-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi Hugh, welcome to apug.

James Shelley
10-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Welcome along Hugh.
Hope to see some of your work posted...

Vincent Brady
11-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi Hugh, missed you coming on board so a belated welcome to the irish section. Look out for our next get together in the New Year.

Cheers
TEX

Merrill
11-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Greetings to all.

I 'dipped my toes' in APUG a number of years ago and have returned, having fallen in love - again - with analogue photography. I have a Rolleiflex 3.5F Planar which I have begun to use again after some years with digital Canons.

Looking forward to my time with APUG.

Merrill

thefizz
11-04-2009, 06:00 AM
Hi Merril & welcome to your return to apug :)

I'm trying to organise a day shooting in Carlingford in December so drop down and join us if you can. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum237/67829-day-shooting-carlingford-december.html

Peter

Merrill
11-04-2009, 11:18 AM
I thought I'd take a quick look over the introduction pages and see where we're all from. It seems I'm the only one from t.w.b.n.

Merrill

Vincent Brady
11-04-2009, 02:24 PM
We all have to be from somewhere even if we are the only one, but in apug and the Irish section we are all together (more or less). Welcome aboard.

Cheers
TEX