PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Region - Introductions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17

aoluain
12-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Hello all,

I have just joined up from Galway and I do recognise some members
from elswhere . . . you know who you are :D

Anyway I have mostly used 35mm digital but used 35mm film along with 6x6 format Lo-Fi shooting with a Holga, Lubitel and Balda Baldixette.

I have just started on a road to building a Mamiya 645 system so will be asking the most basic questions :rolleyes: at the start.

Thanks

Alan

Vincent Brady
12-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Welcome Alan, glad you have joined us. Good luck with your shooting.

thefizz
12-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Hi Alan & welcome.

shpadoinkle
03-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Almost wary to post here, as it's the first post in 5 months. Nonetheless - hi! Just joined. Based in Dublin. Really started doing any kind of considered photography on digital. These days I find myself wanting to shoot medium format more often than not (have never ventured larger than 6x6- yet). Having developed my B&W at home for some time, I recently decided to start doing E6 and C41 at home also - and have been very happy with the results.

David

thefizz
03-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Welcome to apug David.

mmcclellan
03-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Welcome to APUG, David and Alan! You're part of a really great bunch here and the Irish crowd is the best of the best! :D Hope you can get involved in the activities there and hope I can join you guys some day soon! :)

Bill Murphy
03-30-2010, 04:33 AM
Hi, I am Bill living in Bray. Have just got a large Format Camera and starting to to learn. Got the inspiration from the John Blakemore workshop last year.

darragh
03-30-2010, 05:11 AM
Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forum. It's good to see you here.
How is the large format working out for you?

Darragh

thefizz
03-30-2010, 05:36 AM
Hi Bill, welcome to apug, delighted you have joined. Now all you have to do is get Joe to join also :)

Vincent Brady
03-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi to David & Bill, welcome to the Irish Section of APUG. Hope we will meet you at one of our gatherings.

Síle
04-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Once again I've been very remiss in my welcome greetings of late.. so a big hello to Darragh, Eugene, James, Hugh, Merrill, Alan, David and Bill.. Hopefully we'll all get a chance to meet up at some point somewhere during the year!

Bill that makes three of us in Bray.. that's got to be a record for the group!

imagenoir
05-31-2010, 04:02 AM
Hi,

I'm Dee + I am happy to be in FNA: Film Neg Anonymous. I shoot B&W Film Neg (35mm & Medium Format) ONLY. I dont use Digital - Its against my Religion! I shoot Classic Fine Art Nudes in my studio in Dublin/Prague. I print mostly test images on RC in Darkroom but I am trying to find more Experienced Fibre Printer in Dublin to learn about Archieval printing techniques.

I plan to run few B&W Fine Art Nude Film based workshop classes (1-2 people max) soon if anyone is interested in attending. Email me if you are interested: imagenoir@hotmail.com

thefizz
05-31-2010, 04:19 AM
Hi Dee, welcome to apug.

Vincent Brady
06-06-2010, 06:33 AM
Welcome to the Irish section of apug Dee.

damienm
06-24-2010, 02:27 AM
Hi,

I'm Damien. I know some of you already from other forums (as 'damien.murphy), and look forward to getting to know those that I don't :)

Digital brought me back to photography about five or six years ago, with this last year seeing my complete transition to analogue photography, which I've found a better fit for my photography. As well as being an awful lot of fun.

I shoot almost completely in black and white, in a mix of 35mm & medium format (about 80/20), with a curious desire to dabble in large format at some point too. Much of my subject matter is landscape, portrait and increasingly street imagery, which in that order also represents the evolution of my shooting habits.

I've just recently pigeon-holed a temporary darkroom in the guise of a small bathroom, and looking forward to threading my way through the world of wet printing!

thefizz
06-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Hi Damien and welcome to apug, hope you enjoy it here.

Vincent Brady
06-24-2010, 03:12 AM
Hi Damian, welcome to the Irish section of APUG. Look out for one of our infrequent meetings of print showing or taking photographs.

damienm
06-24-2010, 03:34 AM
Thanks guys, looking forward to the September meet I hear being bandied about :)

Damien

seoirse
06-30-2010, 06:46 AM
Hi,

I'm Damien. I know some of you already from other forums (as 'damien.murphy), and look forward to getting to know those that I don't :)

Digital brought me back to photography about five or six years ago, with this last year seeing my complete transition to analogue photography, which I've found a better fit for my photography. As well as being an awful lot of fun.

I shoot almost completely in black and white, in a mix of 35mm & medium format (about 80/20), with a curious desire to dabble in large format at some point too. Much of my subject matter is landscape, portrait and increasingly street imagery, which in that order also represents the evolution of my shooting habits.

I've just recently pigeon-holed a temporary darkroom in the guise of a small bathroom, and looking forward to threading my way through the world of wet printing!

Hi Damien...and welcome.

Hope you're churning out nice prints on that Dust M670?

damienm
06-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Lol.. thanks George. I'll try to walk first before I can run :)

I'm currently working contact-sheeting a backlog of developed film. After that, quite a few proof prints, and at that point hopefully some finished prints,

Damien