PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Region - Introductions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17

seoirse
06-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Lol.. thanks George. I'll try to walk first before I can run :)

I'm currently working contact-sheeting a backlog of developed film. After that, quite a few proof prints, and at that point hopefully some finished prints,

Damien

Ah to hell with proof prints...where's the fun in that!:p

Get a sheet of 12x16 pick your favourite image... print it....matte it...bang it into a nice frame...nothing like it.:D

damienm
06-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Lol.. well, if I didn't have three small walls covered in cork.. :)

eunified61
07-02-2010, 06:12 PM
total newbie have shot just one roll so will be looking for advice from time to time. minolta 404si weapon of choice

have since added a Bronica etrs and a Mamiya RZ

Vincent Brady
07-03-2010, 04:39 AM
have since added a Bronica etrs and a Mamiya RZ

Keep the roll number shot rising as you acquire more gear. Looking forward to seeing your work at one of our gatherings.
Cheers
Vincent

MichaelMcGrath
07-07-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm Dave, near Kilkenny (actually in Tipp, but nearest town is Kilkenny). I've been shooting film for over four decades, but the last ten years saw very little activity. My purchase last year of a digiSLR re-awakened an interest in film and especially Medium Format.
I recently bought a Pentacon Six and am slowly building up an MF kit based around Russian and German glass. Oddly enough, the first films I ever shot were all 120/220 on the family cameras of the day, so it's all a process of re-learning forgotten knowledge.

CITY !
Hi Dave, typical of a Tipp Man to refer to Kilkenny as a " Town " - you have been reported to Kilkenny City Hall where they are taking a very dim view of you !

Hi All , I'm Michael McGrath, Pro , Kilkenny CITY , running out of new ideas after 44 years as a Photog here and everywhere else , so I've joined APUG in desperation . I hope to learn from all here especially the Advanced Amateurs .

- The City Manager just phoned , Dave, to state that he wouldn't expect anything else from a Tipp Man , so you're forgiven for now . Drop by sometime , same goes for everybody else here and in the States and all over the world as Apuggers fight back against the endless horde of DigiKids ( some of them doddering , like me ) .

( Looking back , happiest days I spent were in The Munster Express darkroom in Waterford CITY nearby ) .

damienm
07-07-2010, 12:35 PM
CITY !
Hi Dave, typical of a Tipp Man to refer to Kilkenny as a " Town " - you have been reported to Kilkenny City Hall where they are taking a very dim view of you !

Typical of a Kilkenny man to be causing trouble ;)

Welcome to APUG, Michael. I've only joined recently myself, and also hoping to learn from the resident gurus :)

It certainly is satisfying to get your hands dirty with the image making process, whether it's developing, printing contacts, or working tirelessly on a final print. I'd imagine being from from publishing deadlines will allow you some freedom to re-visit film shooting again,

Damien

thefizz
07-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Welcom to apug Michael.

Vincent Brady
07-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Welcome Michael to the Irish section of APUG . Look forward to meeting you at one of gatherings.
________
Vincent

paulgallinule
08-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Hi guys, registered some time back and forgot to put up an introduction, I've met some of you guys through workshops and Mountmellick Photographic Society. alas the last film user there, use a mf bronica etrs for landscapes and a 35mm canon for everything else, try to shoot mainly in b&w by colour sneaks in, sometimes more than I want but another story, I've my own dark room and process my own film (except colour), wont go digital, love the delay in film, it's not the end of the world if they dont always turn out right, so long as some of them do, hope to be more active on this site, home town is Newbridge, hello Tex, living now in Portarllington, will keep in touch, bye for now, Paul Whiteley

damienm
08-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Welcome to the Irish contingent on APUG! :)

Damien

thefizz
08-26-2010, 01:33 AM
Hi Paul, good to see you on apug.

paulgallinule
08-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi guys thanks for the welcome.

Vincent Brady
08-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Hi Paul, welcome to apug. Keep a look out for our next get together. I'm sure you're wishing us all the best for Sunday even if you are living in Port'.

cheers
Vincent

paulgallinule
08-28-2010, 02:45 AM
Hi Vincent, keep me informed on your next meet up, working this Sunday, where are you guys off too?, oh! enjoy weather should be pretty of, good sunrises and sunsets at the moment, great open sky for ir too. Paul

Vincent Brady
08-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi Vincent, keep me informed on your next meet up, working this Sunday, where are you guys off too?, oh! enjoy weather should be pretty of, good sunrises and sunsets at the moment, great open sky for ir too. Paul
Paul I can't believe that you don't know that Kildare are playing in the All Ireland semi final on Sunday.
Vincent

paulgallinule
08-29-2010, 01:01 AM
Vincent to say that i dont follow sport is an understatement, I've never had an interest in sport, don't know why I just don't, and there I was thinking that some location was going to be filled with banter and tripods, I guess you're heading up, best of luck.

Des Crowley
10-14-2010, 07:21 AM
Hi im Des im from Limerick and im 21 i been doing photography afew years now feel in love with it right away.
I mainly do film work Pinhole work is my favour type of photography to do but over the last flew months i have done solargraphs and collodion wet plates which i been very lucky to do.
I have far to many cameras mostly from 60s that some the main cameras i use would be my 4 x 5 Pinhole camera, Nikon D200, Nikon D40, Holga and Thornton-Pickard bellow camera. I also use many other cameras but that would be main body of gear.
If any one is interested in my work got a Flickr account if like see http://www.flickr.com/photos/dc_89/
To be honest latly havened had time to scan all my work in im very behide so will ave new work up soon

thefizz
10-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Welcome to apug Des.

Des Crowley
10-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Cheers think can learn alot here.
Hopen to get to know flew new ppl as dont no alot ppl who try diffrent work here and llike learn other forms of photography.

seoirse
10-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Great to see you on here, Des.

(Des takes images that are raw, unconventional and have an uncompromising style and I have been a fan of his for some time. He will be a great addition to the APUG group I hope.)

Hey, we're having a print showing on 13th November. See the other thread.

Why don't you come along with or without prints. You'll get to put a few faces to names.