PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Region - Introductions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17

Des Crowley
10-14-2010, 01:41 PM
I would love to come if all were ok with me there ye are meetn in Dublin not great with dublin but should be able find it

Vincent Brady
10-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi Des, welcome to the Irish section of apug. You will be more than welcome to join us for our print showing on Nov. 13th.

Vincent

Des Crowley
10-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Kool ya i make it up do all bring a print or just aflew
Look forward to Meeting u all

eskerman
03-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Just wanted to say hello to all on this section of APUG. I am a modest beginner here and I have always preferred the look of film over (dare I say it) Digital. I have recently bought a Canon A1 which I have sent away for a full service. I expect it will take me a while to get the hang of a film camera, its a long time since I used one. I remember I traded in my old Canon EOS for my first Digital Camera which was an Olympus 2020Z-2MP which at the time cost 799 (Punts) in the old camera centre in Dublin.

I like the process of darkroom work but I guess this will take a lot of consideration before I ever go there. I will for now just get used to my Canon A1 and take my time on this new journey back to film photography

My digital camera is Canon 40D with a selection of lenses from 50mm f/1.4 (Canon) 70-200mm IS-USM f/2.8 (Canon) Tokina/ATX Pro 16-50mm f/2.8 and Tokina/ATX Pro 12-24mm f/4

I am based in Enfield Co Meath.
Regards
Paul

thefizz
03-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Welcome to apug neighbor :)

Peter
(just down the road in Trim)

eskerman
03-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Hello Peter...

I think I will need some of your guidance on my little journey back to film... ! and yes we are only a stones throw apart, I visit Trim recycling centre on a regular bases.. I have even noticed the gate fee increase...!

Regards
Paul

monosnaps
03-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Another neighbour just down the road from you in KIlcock, welcome to you Paul

Vincent Brady
03-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Hi Paul and welcome to apug. I find it encouraging that people come back into the analog world even after using digital. As a member of a camera club I've seen almost every member switch to digital, so it's always nice to get one back. Hope to meet at our next print showing.

Cheers
Vincent

eskerman
03-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Hello Eddie... its encouraging to note there are a few other film shooters within a few miles. I want to try film and mostly B&W, but not sure if I will go the whole way to the darkroom...! seems to be a daunting process from what I have read online plus the additional costs for set up of equipment. I have to see who I get on with the A1 when I get it back from a full service.

Might catch up with you sometime in O'Keefe's

Regards
Paul

eskerman
03-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi Vincent.

I have decided to go back to the older-ways with photography, and I always liked the A1. I guess it slows you down a little, you are forced to spend more time to set up a shot, and that appeals to me. I also like B&W and I think film gives a shot more appeal...even if its not 100% perfect and pin-sharp.

Regards
Paul

seoirse
03-02-2011, 12:09 PM
You are very welcome to Apug, Paul.

Hope we get to meet maybe at the print get-together in late April?

Regards,
George.

paulgallinule
03-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Hi Paul, best of luck here from another Paul, great to see someone returning from the dark side (digital), hope to see you at the next print showing, Paul.

eskerman
03-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi Paul. ( George above)

thank you for your welcome to the forum. I am gonna give it a try anyway... I have not been to active with digital and I find all the post picture processing rather un-exiting... its hard to explain it. What I see and lots of companies trying to sell you more and more add-ons to adobe/lightroom/aperture etc...its kind no stop in your face processing mayhem and its all about making you part with money and join another training course.. if you understand what I mean.

I like my Canon 40D and it serves me well in most circumstances, but the film just has that appeal and it also kinda forces you to think more about what you are going with the composition of any shot. Its a slower pace and I think its worth going back to it for a while.

I am on that new learning curve but for the old way, so my dependency on my light meter will probably go up..

I am hoping to get my A1 back from its full service in the next couple of weeks and I will spend a little time getting used used to driving it...!

Regards

Paul

trishwalsh
05-31-2011, 08:52 AM
Hello I'm Trish :D
I'm from South Kilkenny. I mainly shoot 35mm, but I've been known to dabble with 120mm when I'm not cursing & swearing at the Lubitel (It has a problem with it's back you see). I also have a Holga which is currently in hiding (it also has a back problem). As for the 35mm's I have a Canon 3000 & a Praktica LB I'm trying to source a 50mm lens for that and a shutter release at the moment. The Praktica was my Dads camera & it's the one I first learned photography with so it's been around for a while and it's been very loved.

When I'm shooting Digital it's a Canon 40D, which has taken a few bumps

I've seen a few names on here that I recognise so hi to you guys :)

thefizz
05-31-2011, 08:59 AM
Hi Patricia,

Great to see you here on apug and welcome to the Irish corner :)

Peter

paulgallinule
05-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi Trish,

Great to see another film user here.

Paul.

Vincent Brady
05-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi Trish,

Welcome to the Irish section of apug. Keep your eye on this section as we may be organising a day's get together for a photo shoot within the next few months. Hope that you might be able to make it.

cheers
vincent

boxG
09-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi all, stumbled upon Apug today in my research on various darkrooms available to rent in Dublin - I'm involved in Block T's lovely new darkroom. Apparently I've been registered on Apug since 2007 - not sure how that happened!

Anyway, I'm Diarmait, based in Dublin. I shoot exclusively on film (mostly black and white) and I develop and print all my own work. Basically I'm in love with the darkroom and hand-prints, both colour and black & white.

paulgallinule
09-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi Diarmait welcome to the Irish section, there is a print showing coming up in Dublin soon, hopefully November, why not drop along.

Regards

Paul

thefizz
09-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Welcome Dairmait and good to hear about the new darkroom. We can never have enough darkrooms :)