Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

melball
10-22-2007, 03:01 AM
Hi Mike and Welcome!
Mel

Rafal Lukawiecki
01-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi All,

I've only discovered the Irish APUG corner today. Nice! I'm a four-year old import to Ireland and I live in Glencormack, Co Wicklow - about 5 minutes from Bray and 1 minute from Little Sugar Loaf.

I've been shooting and printing B&W on-and-off for some 25 years but I only I switched to 4x5 about 5-6 years ago. I take a lot of digital too, but I really want to go back to my silver roots. Right now I am rebuilding my darkroom in my utility room.

Please keep me on your mailing lists in case of any events etc.

Happy New Year 2008 to you all.
Rafal

Fintan
01-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi Rafal and welcome to APUG, as you can see by the other threads we do meetup and shoot some stuff from time to time. We're plotting an exhibition and run workshops and stuff. Hope you can post often and happy new year to you too.

Fintan

fluffy_penguins
01-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Hiya Rafal,
Welcome! As another "import" can I ask where you're from?
Happy New Year!
Catherine

Síle
01-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi Rafal,

Happy New Year and welcome from just down the road..
That's a very nice doorstep you have.. you live in a beautiful part of the county.
Hope to see you on one of our 2008 outings!

Speaking of which.. where to next guys?

Síle

dferrie
01-03-2008, 06:04 AM
Hi Rafal,

Welcome to APUG, with you on board I think that Wicklow has the highest number of APUGers in the country! I'm just up the road on Bray.

David

Rafal Lukawiecki
01-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Hello All,

Thanks for the many welcomes! Glad to know that if I run out of developer I can look for some a few doors down the road. :)

I didn't want to bore you with all the details of my travels, but since Catherine asked... I'm part of the Polish invasion in a way. I left Krakow 18 years ago for London and I slowly made my way to Ireland over the past few years.

The move from UK damaged my Gem 405 enlarger which was good news as I had insured it well. This allowed me to replace it with a nice DeVere 405 with an Ilford 500 head which is the centrepiece of the darkroom I am rebuilding at present. I miss not having Silverprint just a few stops away on the Underground - those guys had everything a B&W fan needed. But now I know where I can find you. :)

I look forward to meeting you in person in the future.
Rafal

Fintan
01-03-2008, 09:05 AM
I use the same Devere Rafal, it really good.

I know what you mean about Silverprint, I've only been in it twice but order online. Awesome place.

I get most of my stuff there or in Gunns in Wexford Street, Dublin. They are great people in there, call in and say hello if you haven't already.

melball
01-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Hello and Welcome Rafal from the other Cork Apugger. Hope to meet up soon.

Mel

Daragh Regan
03-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Hello,
Nice that there's an Irish corner here.
I'm in Cork, on the island.
Looking forward to sharing the fun.
Daragh

Síle
03-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Hello,
Daragh

Hi Daragh and welcome!
Not only is there an Irish corner here.. but there's a Cork corner in the Irish corner! :D
We're due an outing sometime soon, and even if we haven't decided on a destination, hopefully you'll be able to join us.

Síle

Fintan
03-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the chain gang Daragh, post often!!!

fluffy_penguins
03-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Hello,
Daragh

Hi Daragh, and welcome!

Catherine

peterev
03-28-2008, 08:03 AM
hello folks,
my name is peter evers.currently residing in wicklow.i shoot most formats, do a good bit of colour photography but starting to shoot a lot more
black and white.

dferrie
03-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi Peter,

Welcome to the Irish corner of APUG, with you on board I think we are up to 5 APUGers living in Wicklow. Wonder if that makes Wicklow the capital of APUG/Ireland?

David

Síle
03-28-2008, 03:52 PM
hello folks,
my name is peter evers.currently residing in wicklow.i shoot most formats, do a good bit of colour photography but starting to shoot a lot more
black and white.

Hiya Peter,

A very warm welcome, its good to have another member in the Garden county.
Hopefully we'll all get to meet at one of our get togethers during the summer?

Síle

Farside
04-10-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm Dave, near Kilkenny (actually in Tipp, but nearest town is Kilkenny). I've been shooting film for over four decades, but the last ten years saw very little activity. My purchase last year of a digiSLR re-awakened an interest in film and especially Medium Format.
I recently bought a Pentacon Six and am slowly building up an MF kit based around Russian and German glass. Oddly enough, the first films I ever shot were all 120/220 on the family cameras of the day, so it's all a process of re-learning forgotten knowledge.

Síle
04-10-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm Dave, near Kilkenny (actually in Tipp, but nearest town is Kilkenny). I've been shooting film for over four decades, but the last ten years saw very little activity. My purchase last year of a digiSLR re-awakened an interest in film and especially Medium Format.
I recently bought a Pentacon Six and am slowly building up an MF kit based around Russian and German glass. Oddly enough, the first films I ever shot were all 120/220 on the family cameras of the day, so it's all a process of re-learning forgotten knowledge.

Hiya Dave and welcome..
I too came back to film photography via digital and went straight to a
MF camera.. trust me, it only gets better from here on :)

Síle

Fintan
04-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi Dave and welcome to APUG, I'm just up the road in Laois. Look forward to meeting you one of the days....

Fintan

thefizz
04-11-2008, 03:51 AM
Welcome Dave, Peter & Daragh.