PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Region - Introductions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

melball
06-23-2008, 02:22 AM
Hey Rory and welcome! The gang down here in Cork seems to be growing. Look forward to meeting you. Weather and work permitting us apuggers in Cork try and get out for local shoots when we can so we'll keep you in the loop.

Dave Miller
06-23-2008, 02:26 AM
I've been informed by the wife we are going to Ireland (someday, not soon).

Her family (one of the many Ahearns) is from there (southern, I believe) and she'd like to see her "old country" (I'd like to burn up a bit of film, also).

Someday - someday ...

Make it sooner, its got a lot to offer.

roryot
06-23-2008, 04:24 AM
Cheers for the welcomes. Mel - looks like you are a neighbour of mine (Whitegate)! Rory

randomway
08-17-2008, 03:32 AM
Hey all,

I thought I would say hello, before I start offloading the thousand questions I have about equipment and processing. I am back and forth between digital and analog, but I prefer using my Mamiya 7 over all.
I'm not good at introducing myself, so have a look at my photos instead: www.barothi.com . See you later,

Zoltan

thefizz
08-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi Zoltan,

Welcome to the Irish corner of Apug. I also own a Mamiya 7 so you're in good company :)

Peter

Vincent Brady
08-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Welcome to Ireland Zoltan. Your work is very impressive and shows a unique approach to picture taking. If you wish to join a camera club as well as APUG check out dublin camera club.ie

Cheers
Vincent

Fintan
08-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Welcome Zoltan, those Mamiyas are pretty cool, I've just got a 6 recently and love it.

Enjoy APUG and post often.

Fintan

Síle
08-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi Zoltan and welcome to the Irish corner :D
Really lovely stuff over on your website, looking forward to seeing more.

randomway
08-25-2008, 03:38 PM
I was thinking about joining the Dublin Camera Club, but I am not too eager to go to the city centre in the evenings to say the least... I might just have a look tomorrow to see what it's all about. I would like to find a community where I can talk about art, dicuss absurd ideas and not being laughed at.... but I am not sure whether a camera club is the place to go.

Fintan
08-25-2008, 04:35 PM
The clubs aren't really for everyone but I always recommend people to go join one for a few months and see how you like it [or otherwise]

Of the clubs, I'd rate DCC the best in Ireland personally.

duffarama
09-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Hello,
I'm a relatively new SLR user, started with a digital and to get to grips with using that bought an OM10 to help me understand aperture and shutter speed and use those skills in my digital photography...

However, I now own a bundle of OM lenses, an OM4Ti and a Contax G2!! I have been seduced by both colour and B&W film. I don't do my own processing yet though, however I may join DCC and take an interest.

D

Vincent Brady
09-25-2008, 01:57 PM
To join a camera club is a good idea, you will meet like minded people and see lots of work from others. If DCC is near that's the one to go for it has a large membership from novice to advanced worker and new people are always welcome. The club meets every Tue. night at 8PM. In the meantime welcome the Irish section of APUG.

Cheers
TEX

Fintan
09-25-2008, 03:27 PM
hi duffarama and welcome to the irish quarter on apug :)

Síle
09-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Hello,
I'm a relatively new SLR user, started with a digital and to get to grips with using that bought an OM10 to help me understand aperture and shutter speed and use those skills in my digital photography...

However, I now own a bundle of OM lenses, an OM4Ti and a Contax G2!! I have been seduced by both colour and B&W film. I don't do my own processing yet though, however I may join DCC and take an interest.

D

Hiya Duff.. hope you can join us on a trip sometime.. in the meanwhile.. welcome :)

thefizz
09-26-2008, 02:36 AM
Welcome aboard Duffarama.

Mirko Lazzarin
10-10-2008, 09:01 AM
hello all,
I am Mirko, an Italian living in Galway (and in Ireland since 2003). I am a newbie in analog photography since I started just 3 months ago shooting films. I am attending at the moment a darkroom class at the Galway Art Centre.
I have joined APUG few days ago, having the feeling that this is a real, complete didactic tool for my growth (technical and critical)..
I will keep an eye on all the events that wil be listed in this "Irish corner" :)
Ciao
Mirko

thefizz
10-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Good to have you here Mirko, hopefully we will meet you soon.

Peter

Mirko Lazzarin
10-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks Peter,
I was just having a look at the fpworkshop website...You will hear from me soon!!
I hope to make it for the Toycamera day.
Cheers

Mirko

Fintan
10-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Hey welcome to APUG Mirko, great to have you onboard!!

Vincent Brady
11-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Mirko I have already noticed your work on the site and it is really excellent. Welcome to the Irish section.

Cheers
Vincent