PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Region - Introductions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Síle
02-05-2009, 03:09 AM
I have high expectiations of lots of snowy photos from you guys up there....we had a millimetre yesterday...wow
Mel

I was thinking the same thing Mel... I'm know those high in the Wicklow hills will have amazing photo's.. and even our inlande'rs..
Here in the buzzing metropolis of Bray however we were "lucky" enough to have the rain come and wash it away yesterday...

Don't you just love coastal climatic aspect party poopers!

:rolleyes:

monosnaps
02-05-2009, 11:47 AM
I was looking forward to getting a few snow images maybe in the Phoenix Park but like Sile says they disappear with rain all too quickly. Anyway the gear is ready and waiting, I brought it into work on Tuesday but got nothing. I am still hopeful that I get some images over the weekend. Hopefully we all get a few images.

Síle
02-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Looks like we got our wish Eddie.. the East Coast was hit badly again yesterday evening and the roads are very bad this morning. School's been cancelled (strangely no complaints about that in this house..) but work isn't..
So I'm off to negotiate my way there with a camera.. :D

hughitb
02-06-2009, 05:49 AM
I was looking forward to getting a few snow images maybe in the Phoenix Park but like Sile says they disappear with rain all too quickly. Anyway the gear is ready and waiting, I brought it into work on Tuesday but got nothing. I am still hopeful that I get some images over the weekend. Hopefully we all get a few images.

I was at home yesterday afternoon (Rialto) when a blizzard hit. Ran outside with a camera and fired off a roll of film .... hopefully something interesting will come out ...

monosnaps
02-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Got a few shots locally this morning but it was actually melting as I was trying to make images. Will be filed under local images which are nice to have but not likely to make it into print.

hughitb
02-11-2009, 03:34 AM
I was at home yesterday afternoon (Rialto) when a blizzard hit. Ran outside with a camera and fired off a roll of film .... hopefully something interesting will come out ...

Just uploaded some scans of these snow pics to the gallery .....

eunified61
02-15-2009, 02:02 PM
total newbie have shot just one roll so will be looking for advice from time to time. minolta 404si weapon of choice

melball
02-16-2009, 02:06 AM
Welcome to the fold eunified.
Mel

thefizz
02-16-2009, 03:22 AM
Welcome to Apug eunified.

Vincent Brady
02-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Carlow is the place to be and APUG is the place to be at. Welcome aboard.

Cheers
TEX

Síle
02-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi Eunifield.. and welcome from Wicklow..
Hope to see you around often!

edhead2008
02-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Hello everyone.

I've been a member of this site for a few months, but haven't posted in this thread until now.

As a teenager I was camera mad, armed with a Yashica FrI that was almost as old as me and after several years I have returned to photography, and am the proud owner of a Rolleiflex T, (bought off ebay and currently with Mr Harry Fleenor for CLA) and a Nikon N-8008.

These days, I am practising my photography in black and white, having done a beginners darkroom course in the Galway Arts Centre darkroom (which has sadly ceased operating since the turn of the year, leaving yours truly with many negatives and no way to print them).

That's my introduction for now, and hope to be at least a little bit active in this forum

Cheers

Eamonn

Simplicius
02-18-2009, 06:40 PM
hi Eamon and welcome

thefizz
02-19-2009, 03:04 AM
This region is starting to grow :). Welcome Eamon.

thefizz
02-19-2009, 03:05 AM
Eamon, there was a thread here recently about the Galway folk meeting up, you should check it out.

Edit: Silly me :rolleyes:, I see you posted in it already.

Peter

mmcclellan
02-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Welcome all the newbies! My body's in Ethiopia, but my heart's always in Ireland, even though I'm an American born and bred. But the Irish APUG crew is tops and you should get to know them. Hope to meet a few more in March when I swing back through! :)

edhead2008
02-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Whats the story with the Connemara outing? I couldn't commit to a full weekend (unfortunately the HSE has better plans for spending my time) but would love to go for a day.

I was in Letterfrack two weekends ago, driving there from the Westport side and came home via the Inagh valley. With snow on the mountains it was amazing.

btw, we stayed in The Old Monastry Hostel, behind the old school in the village, right at the foot of Diamond hill. I would heartily recommend it as a base of operations. The hostel itself could eat several rolls of film before ever going out the front door. Great vegetarian food too, run by hippies. The bean casserole is one of the most musical meals I've ever had the pleasure of tasting

thommac
03-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi
My name is david and i've only joined up recently.
Theres a few names on here that i recognise from PI however.

I started photography on a zenit 122 in the mid nineties and have ammassed a huge amount of film gear since.
It actually is getting a bit silly at this stage, i have around 8 different film camera's, everthing from a half-frame 35mm olympus to a 6x6 minolta autocord. No large format gear yet.
I really have to quit ebay.

jessthespringer
03-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Hello, I'm Sinead...

I see a few names I know from PI here...

Martin directed me here, and I think I had an invite from Peter (thefizz) a long time ago, just getting to visit here now...

I'm a second year HND Photography student, shoot both film and digital, though, it's been mostly digital the past little while, but I'm really looking forward to shooting some film again soon...

Most of the film I've shot has been b&w 35mm stuff, mostly Agfa APX 100 and Ilford Delta 3200, little bit of Neopan 1600 too.
I love the grainy stuff, love the atmosphere it can add...

I'm having a bit of a slow burning love affair with Holga and Diana at the moment too, bought a little 35mm Holga last year and I really loved it, love shooting colour with it, which surprises me a little, mostly, I just want to work with b&w...

I've very recently started using a 120 Holga, lovely camera to use, so much nicer than the 35mm version...

I'm also just starting to think about moving to Medium format, but am not really sure what format I'd like, still very much mulling it all around in my head...

...and bugging people with heaps of questions!

thefizz
03-08-2009, 04:13 PM
welcome to the Irish corner of apug David & Siead.