PDA

View Full Version : A Solution for Blind Print Exchange Deadbeats

gr82bart
05-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I have an idea!

OK for those people who for whatever reason find that they can't honour their committment to the Blind Print Exchange, why not send the print your received in lieu of your own print?

This way, it pretty much annuls you as a particpant in the round - you don't get a print; and you don't need to make a print.

All you have to do is repackage or re-label the print you received and send it off to the person you were suppose to send your print. Just don't claim the print as yours.

Whaddyasay?

Regards, Art.

Jim Noel
05-08-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't belong to the exchange for tis and other reasons. Although on the surface this sounds like a good idea, the same people who don't now honor their commitment are not very likely to take the time to pass on the print they received.

George Papantoniou
05-09-2007, 08:17 AM
yes.

gr82bart
05-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Although on the surface this sounds like a good idea, the same people who don't now honor their commitment are not very likely to take the time to pass on the print they received.I'm thinking this more an 'out' for future people who, for whatever reasons, may find themselves in a bind after they've signed up.

I've also entertained the idea of "Print Exchange Angels". These are volunteers who will send a print to jilted particpants without any expectation of a return print. I've seen it done on other forums, but I hate the way the goodwill of the 'angels' get abused.

Regards, Art.

thefizz
05-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Excellent idea Art.

HowardDvorin
05-09-2007, 10:25 AM
I have an idea!

OK for those people who for whatever reason find that they can't honour their committment to the Blind Print Exchange, why not send the print your received in lieu of your own print?

This way, it pretty much annuls you as a particpant in the round - you don't get a print; and you don't need to make a print.

All you have to do is repackage or re-label the print you received and send it off to the person you were suppose to send your print. Just don't claim the print as yours.

Whaddyasay?

Regards, Art.

Hi Art,

Sounds like a good idea.

HowardDvorin

Gay Larson
05-09-2007, 10:36 AM
It sounds reasonable to me. I was late getting my print out this time but if I had not been able to fulfill my comittment I would have forwarded the print I recieved just so I wouldn't have to feel guilty every time I opened the forums. However I haven't received one yet though.