PDA

View Full Version : Weston Diploma Paper now at Bostick & Sullivan

Pages : 1 2 [3]

athanasius80
05-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Got my sample today too. Even my Mom was impressed! Thanks B&S.

doughowk
05-24-2007, 05:02 AM
Got my sample yesterday (as well as an order for Carbon tissue). I can see why alot of alt process printers like the COT-320, will have to try it with Kallitype. The Kozo papers are beautiful - almost too attractive to use ;-) Any suggestions on processes?

Scott Peters
05-24-2007, 09:38 AM
I got mine too! Thank you. Can't wait to try them....

Jeremy
05-24-2007, 11:13 AM
i'll be testing out the kozo papers soon and if i get something good i'll try to remember to bring it to APIS with me!

Dana Sullivan
05-25-2007, 10:00 PM
It was a sad day today. FedEx Ground service destroyed 1000 sheets of 28"x34" Weston Diploma.

Colin Graham
05-25-2007, 11:57 PM
That is terrible Dana, I was curious about what did happen...I was all set to order some but ordered some of the Kozo paper to try out instead. I assume FedEx is making everything right?

JLP
05-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Sorry to hear that, it is a great paper.
Maybe Brown would do better? At least i think!

jan

Dana Sullivan
05-26-2007, 12:13 AM
It looks like the distributor didn't ship it properly. Normally paper comes on a pallet, and is delivered by a freight service. This time they sent it FedEx Ground service, without a pallet. A box of 500 sheets weighs 125 pounds, but it can't support it's own weight.

One box was completely missing, and the inner paper wrappers were gone, scattering all 500 sheets. Footprints, tire tread marks, mysterious red streaks; a real multimedia masterpiece. They had tried to gather it up and put the paper in somewhat of a pile, but it was almost comical.

The second "box" was still partially intact, but the inner wrappers looked like they had burst when the box was dropped on it's side. None of it looked remotely salvageable. We refused the shipment, so it's FedEx's liability at this point.

Our paper distributor has already freighted us another 1000 sheets at their expense, so it's just a matter of wasted time. We were just shocked at how poorly it was shipped, considering we've never had that problem before.

The Kozo papers are selling nicely, and we're getting great feedback. Has anyone tried them out yet from the sample packs?

gr82bart
05-26-2007, 07:07 AM
Hi Dana,

I got my sample pack yesterday. Thanks so much. I may have some questions about the papers and will PM you.

Regards, Art.

TheFlyingCamera
05-26-2007, 07:44 AM
I still haven't gotten my sample pack. Hopefully it is in today's mail/fedex/whatever delivery method used.

doughowk
05-26-2007, 12:40 PM
I tried the Kozo heavy & Cot-320 with Kallitypes; and am pleased with both. The Cot-320 had excellent detail but the Kozo heavy also had very good detail. I did have problems getting an even coating even with tween; so will try double-coating the next sheet. It (Kozo heavy) did hold up well despite all the baths necessary for Kallitypes - I'm very impressed with it.

Tony D
05-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Thank you Bostick & Sullivan for the great selection of paper samples and your dedication as a company to support our art form.

Tony DiGeronimo

MVNelson
06-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Dianna please say the sample packs are still available....?!!!

Miles

Dana Sullivan
06-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Dianna please say the sample packs are still available....?!!!

Miles

Miles, we'll always give our customers paper samples if they request them. As a special promotion we offered these sample packs to APUG members so they could try out the new papers we are carrying.

I'll send you one of the sample packs, if you like.

philldresser
06-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Dana

Received my sample pack here in UK today. Thanks very much to you and B&S. Now all I need is an all expenses paid trip to APIS in July :)

Phill

w rollinson
06-04-2007, 12:29 PM
thanks for sending my pack it came today cant wait to try it out and i will certainly be buying from you in the future

wayne

Dana Sullivan
06-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the comments, folks! We are now fully stocked on the Weston Diploma and Kozo papers, and will ship any pending orders or backorders today and tomorrow.

Next up from Bostick & Sullivan: Selenium toning kit for VDB/Kallitype/Argyrotype/POP! We're just finishing up our testing so we can finish the instruction sheets, but look for it in the next month!

TheFlyingCamera
06-05-2007, 04:04 PM
My sampler pack finally arrived yesterday. Great stuff- thanks for putting the kit together! Now if I could only get the post office to behave- they wedged the package into the grillwork on my security door (fortunately all the paper was intact).

Tony Egan
06-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Got my sample pack yesterday in time for a long rainy weekend here. Perfect. Finished my UV box two weeks ago and made my first prints at home last weekend. Thanks again Dana and B&S.

gbenaim
06-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Hi Dana,

Any chance I can get one of these sample packs? I've been away and missed the initial post. Thanks,

GB