PDA

View Full Version : Weston Diploma Paper now at Bostick & Sullivan

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dana Sullivan
05-12-2007, 02:40 AM
Bostick & Sullivan is pleased to annouced that we are carrying the Weston Diploma Parchment! Weston is a subsidiary of Cranes, so B&S has decided to market this paper under the Crane's name. Don't worry, it's the same paper you already love! Free samples are available upon request!

We have the paper available in large 28" x 34" sheets, as well as 11" x 14" sheets. Check out our pricing, and then save with Bostick & Sullivan!

Click here for B&S shopping cart (http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/cart/home.php?cat=246)
11" x 14"
25 sheets: B&S - $15.95 ------ Them - Not Available
50 sheets: B&S - $27.95 ------ Them - Not Available
100 sheets: B&S - $44.95 ------ Them - $96.60 <--- Save Over 53% at B&S!!
250 sheets: B&S - $107.95 ------ Them - $132.99 for 200 sheets <--- Save over 35% at B&S!!

28" x 34"
10 sheets: B&S - $31.95 ------ Them - Not Available
25 sheets: B&S - $54.95 ------ Them - Not Available
50 sheets: B&S - $93.95 ------ Them - $95.55
100 sheets: B&S - $142.95 ------ Them - $147.15

Dana Sullivan
05-12-2007, 03:26 AM
As a courtesy to APUG members, we are offering a free sample pack of the alt-process papers that we carry, and we'll even cover postage! You receive a total of 20 sheets of various papers, including the new Crane's (Weston) Diploma Parchment!

Follow this link to the hidden product on the Bostick & Sullivan website:
Hidden Link (http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/cart/product.php?productid=721&cat=18)

Select the item, enter a price of 0, then checkout as you normally would, entering in your name and address. No credit card or payment information is necessary, this is completely free to APUG members!!

One more note: B&S will be announcing pricing on several new premium handmade papers very soon. These are gorgeous unbuffered papers are made in Japan, and we're excited to be able to offer them to our customers!

photomc
05-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks Dana, just another example how B&S supports photography and the members here.

gr82bart
05-12-2007, 08:25 AM
This is very generous. Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to the sample pack.

Regards, Art.

Jim Noel
05-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks Dana. I have been using this paper but can't always use a full case.
A special thanks for the free samples.
See you at APIS.

philldresser
05-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Dana
Does this apply to UK members? I can place an order for some chems to offset postage. Better still if the paper was cut smaller it would be easier to ship.

Cheers

Phill

DarkroomDan
05-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Thank you very much, I have just taken you up on your kind offer. I have been reading about this paper and have been planning to contact the distributor about a sample.

I am also interested in learning about the Japanese papers you will be carrying.

Dan Williams

Patrick Kolb
05-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks again for your continued support.

When the Cranes Weston paper was first discovered there were several requests for a white or whiter color.

Any chance of this happening?

jovo
05-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Thank you for the generous offer. It will be interesting to see how these papers may relate to photogravure. We eagerly anticipate receiving the sample pack.

Dana Sullivan
05-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Firstly, the offer applies to all customers. We encourage International customers to order the free sample pack. We've had over 30 responses on our website in less than 12 hours, several of them from overseas printers.

Secondly, we'd like to see a whiter version appear in the near future. Our discussions with Crane indicate that they are interested, but that the demand would have to be great enough to constitute a change in the formulation.

The current paper is made to a government standard available here (http://www.gpo.gov/acquisition/paperspecs/064.pdf) in PDF form. If they added any sort of brighteners to the paper, it would no longer meet the specifications.

Despite that, if this paper proves as popular as the original Crane's Cover Stock (AKA Platinotype) then I would expect we might be able to convince them to run a batch of bright white just for us in the next year or so.

Third, I've just talked to my brother, Kevin, and he's informed me that we can include several sheets of the new Japanese Kozo papers we are now carrying! I'm pretty sure the papers are 11"x14" in size, so we'll be adding those to all of the requests we receive! Pricing will be posted in the next few days.

Thanks for the enormous response, APUG members!

Dana Sullivan
Bostick & Sullivan

TheFlyingCamera
05-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Once again, many thanks for your continued support of our community of alt-process folks, by bringing these papers to market, and specifically for your support of APUG, by making the deals available to the APUG world that you do like this one and the discounted Palladium. I too have ordered the paper sampler pack, and am looking forward very much to getting it!

Tony Egan
05-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Dana,
A generous offer especially to international members. Thank you. I just placed an order for the sample pack.

Chazzy
05-12-2007, 09:11 PM
I'd like to say "thank you" also. It's a very generous gesture. Now, if only Freestyle would offer some samples of their papers--even small samples would do, just to see the surface.

Dana Sullivan
05-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Over 50 free sample packs requested via our website, and counting!

We really appreciate the kind comments from you folks. I would expect these sample packs to go out over a few days during the next week. These will be sent via standard Air Mail service, so it should take less than a week for U.S. addresses, and 10-14 days for International.

And just a teaser: We will be announcing another new product, that many Vandyke, Kallitype, POP and Salted Paper printers will be excited about! The suspense is killing me!!!!

Brook
05-12-2007, 09:58 PM
You guys rock

photomc
05-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Third, I've just talked to my brother, Kevin, and he's informed me that we can include several sheets of the new Japanese Kozo papers we are now carrying! I'm pretty sure the papers are 11"x14" in size, so we'll be adding those to all of the requests we receive! Pricing will be posted in the next few days.

Thanks for the enormous response, APUG members!

Dana Sullivan
Bostick & Sullivan

Wow, now that is above and beyond...sure glad I added some chems to the free order, and you can bet I will continue to order from B&S.

Thanks to the entire family!! You guys are the best!!

Guillaume Zuili
05-13-2007, 06:33 PM
This is great. Thank you for this offer and for carrying Weston paper.
Best,
Guillaume

rrankin
05-13-2007, 06:59 PM
That is an amazing offer. I am just starting to get back into alternative printing and it couldn't have come at a more opportune time. I have always enjoyed doing business with B&S and hopefully will be doing so again very soon.
Thank you,
Richard

walter23
05-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks a lot. I've been very impressed with your company in my limited dealings (hey, I just learned about you last month when I bought some alt. process kits).

Dana Sullivan
05-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Just a quick question: Should Bostick & Sullivan sell sheets of the Diploma Parchment in 8" x 10" sizes? Would this be attractive to those who shoot in 4x5 and 5x7?