PDA

View Full Version : Heritage pass

Fintan
05-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Where can you buy the pass that gets admission into all the heritage sites in Ireland?

Is it available online?

Síle
05-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Where can you buy the pass that gets admission into all the heritage sites in Ireland?

Is it available online?

http://www.heritageireland.ie/en/HeritageCard/ApplicationForm/
It works out at € 21 for a year, but with the amount of sites the OPW controls around the country, it seems well worth it!

Síle

mmcclellan
05-12-2007, 10:51 PM
You can buy them at ANY Heritage site in Ireland and they're well worth the money if you're going even to one site a month. Given the amount of "heritage" in Ireland, this may well qualify as the best deal you'll get all year! :)

Fintan
05-13-2007, 02:51 AM
Thanks Michael and Síle, I see Emo Court is on their list and thats a 5 minute drive from here so I'll get mine there.

thefizz
05-13-2007, 06:00 AM
Great idea, I'll run down to Trim Castle today and get mine.

dferrie
05-14-2007, 06:48 AM
Hi all,

I have checked with OPW and they don't offer as discount for buying a group of cards together, which is understandable as they are fairly cheap already! But reckoned there was no harm in asking.

I anyone can produce a student ID card when buying the pass, they can get it for just €8 !

David

fluffy_penguins
05-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Sadness. Just a little long in the tooth to pass for a student.

:-)

Cath.

thefizz
05-15-2007, 03:03 AM
Sadness. Just a little long in the tooth to pass for a student.

:-)

Cath.

Just say you're a student of Apug/Ireland :D Maybe Fintan can design a fake identity card ;)

dferrie
05-16-2007, 03:16 AM
Just say you're a student of Apug/Ireland :D Maybe Fintan can design a fake identity card ;)

On a serious note, there is no upper age limit on being a student, so long as you have a student ID card, Heritage Ireland will give you the student rate.

David

thefizz
05-16-2007, 03:31 AM
On a serious note, there is no upper age limit on being a student, so long as you have a student ID card, Heritage Ireland will give you the student rate.

David

I was being serious :p

thefizz
06-05-2007, 04:47 AM
;) Got my Heritage Card yesterday in Trim Castle but no luck with a refund for Saturday's admission in Cashel.

Think I'll email the OPW and chance my arm

thefizz
06-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Got a reply from the OPW, all they can do is give me an extra free month when my card expires in a years time, yipee :rolleyes:

dferrie
06-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Well at least it's better than nothing, not much but a little better.

David

Síle
06-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Got a reply from the OPW, all they can do is give me an extra free month when my card expires in a years time, yipee :rolleyes:

I've been on the phone to the OPW every day for the past three days trying to get some satisfaction on this too.. and yet I still haven't managed to speak to the (apparently only?) woman in charge of the Heritage cards..
Hope springs eternal..

Síle

Síle
06-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Finally spoke to the lady from the OPW today. She mentioned having received a similar request by email (...Peter...) and has agreed that all of us that were at the Rock Saturday morning will be eligible for a months addition onto our Heritage Cards when purchased, as already agreed with Peter.
All we have to do is remember to call her next year a month before they expire!
:D

Síle