thefizz
07-03-2007, 10:16 AM
So how's that weather coming along Peter... Should I start on the ark now? :D

Síle

I'm sorry I took over that job.:mad:

I still have a few days to work on it.:rolleyes:

dferrie
07-03-2007, 10:58 AM
So who's in charge of controlling the midges, I think Síle should do it as she is on such good terms with them.

David

Síle
07-03-2007, 01:01 PM
So who's in charge of controlling the midges, I think Síle should do it as she is on such good terms with them.

David

Ahem.. I believe I have paid my dues to the Midge population for this decade.. it's someone else's turn to be dinner!

Btw not sure if anyone is intending staying over this time, but Bray Summerfest (www.braysummerfest.com) is on that weekend with some brilliant entertainment lined up.

Over the weekend of the 14th & 15th there's Beach volleyball featuring Men's and Ladies Team USA vs Irish Men's and Ladies teams. There's an open air market and funfair on the seafront and Live street entertainment. It finishes on the Sunday night with a Fireworks display in the sea.. Oh and in the evenings.. there's music from lots of local and national bands ..

And of course Midge Fest in Glendalough on Saturday afternoon ;)

Síle

thefizz
07-04-2007, 02:53 AM
Summerfest? Ah great, even more pressure to get the weather right for the weekend but still working on it :rolleyes:

dferrie
07-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Summerfest? Ah great, even more pressure to get the weather right for the weekend but still working on it :rolleyes:

Yeah, the residents and business's of Bray are relying on you, think of all the children that will be disappointed if you don't get it right! ;)

David

thefizz
07-04-2007, 10:50 AM
I think we may be in luck, I'm sensing sunny spells for Saturday.

What time are we meeting at?

Síle
07-04-2007, 02:28 PM
I think we may be in luck, I'm sensing sunny spells for Saturday.

What time are we meeting at?

I hope your senses are working well!

Time wise I think it's up to those of you who are travelling? It's only a half hours drive from Bray, so I have no problem being there early..which I heartily recommended to avoid the crowds.
Also I know Fintan had mentioned some coastal shots, so if you all wanted to do Glendalough first thing, we could head back up to Bray by lunchtime.. and take in the beach and the coast and even some of that Summerfest fun..
I think I can be trusted to find us somewhere good for lunch, especially if I don't have to look after the weather!

Síle :D

thefizz
07-05-2007, 03:24 AM
Would meeting up at 8am be too early for anyone? I'd like to get shooting before the crowds arrive. Some coastal locations would definitely interest me for the afternoon.

Síle
07-05-2007, 04:41 AM
Would meeting up at 8am be too early for anyone? I'd like to get shooting before the crowds arrive. Some coastal locations would definitely interest me for the afternoon.

8am is fine with me!

Síle

Fintan
07-05-2007, 05:05 AM
Unfortunately I'm likely to miss this meetup, sorry folks.

dferrie
07-05-2007, 02:04 PM

8am is fine with me.

David

dferrie
07-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Unfortunately I'm likely to miss this meetup, sorry folks.

You will be missed, hopefully you will be able to make it next time.

David

dferrie
07-09-2007, 03:34 AM
Hi all,

Just checking the arrangements for Saturday 14th. As far as I can gather 8am is okay with 3 of us (me, Peter & Síle). Who else is coming along?

David

melball
07-09-2007, 05:13 AM
Hi guys, don't know what time I'm turning up (don't know if I can get up there for 8am) but I'd like to come along for at least part of the day. Maybe, if I had some contacts, I could meet up with you at lunchtime? My other half may be tempted along by the beach volleyball...;)

thefizz
07-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Hi Mel,

I'll pm my mobile number to you and you can ring me when you get to Glandalough. We won't be too far away whenever you arrive.

Peter

melball
07-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Thanks Peter.

Síle
07-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi guys, don't know what time I'm turning up (don't know if I can get up there for 8am) but I'd like to come along for at least part of the day. Maybe, if I had some contacts, I could meet up with you at lunchtime? My other half may be tempted along by the beach volleyball...;)

I hope he doesn't arrive just in time for the mens set then... ;)

See you at some point during the day at least, and I'll pm you with my phone number too, just in case!

Síle

melball
07-10-2007, 01:44 AM
cheers Sile

dferrie
07-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi all,

Based on the glorious weather we have been having :rolleyes: for the last few weeks and the poor track record for weather APUG Ireland outings, I fear that despite Peter's best efforts that it's not looking good for Saturday.

Glendalough is only 30 minutes from myself and Síle, but Peter will have a fair trip and Mel will have a real trek from Cork. So I wonder if we should have a contingency plan of some sort? Is everyone happy to go ahead even if the weather is terrible, at present according to a few forecasts, Saturday is going to be wet with a capital W. I don't mind playing weather station on Saturday morning and could Text/PM/Post a weather update around 7am, or at least let everyone know what it's like in Bray at that stage.

Idea/opinions?

David

Fintan
07-10-2007, 04:53 PM
It will surely be fine because I'm not going :rolleyes: