PDA

View Full Version : Glendalough...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

melball
07-11-2007, 01:48 AM
That would be helpful David. Its a bit of a trek to then be washed out. I'll PM you my mobile no if you wouldn't mind texting me.
thanks

thefizz
07-11-2007, 03:08 AM
That's probably a good idea David, I don't mind taking a chance but it's a long drive for Mel. I'll pm my mobile to you.

Síle
07-11-2007, 03:22 AM
Probably not a bad idea to have a contingency plan.. what with our History and all...
Hopefully we won't need it, I intend doing my trade mark "Sun Dance" Friday night.. ;)

Síle

dferrie
07-11-2007, 03:35 AM
All,

Okay, got Peter & Mel's PMs with mobile numbers. Suggest I send a weather update at 6.30am on Saturday morning, does that sound the right time?

David

thefizz
07-11-2007, 03:44 AM
Probably not a bad idea to have a contingency plan.. what with our History and all...
Hopefully we won't need it, I intend doing my trade mark "Sun Dance" Friday night.. ;)

Síle

May I suggest you keep that Sun Dance going right through Friday night.

dferrie
07-11-2007, 03:55 AM
May I suggest you keep that Sun Dance going right through Friday night.

Only if there were no similar dances before Clonmacnoise and Cashel, cause if there were, they didn't work !

David

Fintan
07-11-2007, 04:25 AM
Ye guys are going to kill me for saying this [given I'm not going] but the weather will be changeable on saturday, even the winds. So whats happening at 7.30 might not be a good indicator. Forget the weather, pack the bags and tripods. I'm sure Síle knows the best coffee shops around. Enjoy!

Síle
07-11-2007, 05:01 AM
Only if there were no similar dances before Clonmacnoise and Cashel, cause if there were, they didn't work !

David

No, I save this one for very special occasions... And Peter.. I'll do my best to keep it going .. but might need some coffee to stay awake Saturday!

I'm sure Síle knows the best coffee shops around. Enjoy!
Hey! I resemble that remark!

Síle

(where's that dancing around the maypole smiley? :confused: )

melball
07-11-2007, 06:41 AM
I think maybe we should all start dancing now, might take a while for the message to get through the cloud cover. That time sounds fine David, I'll have bags packed and ready to go and make a decision then. Cheers

dferrie
07-13-2007, 03:40 AM
Alright who was doing the rain dance? Yesterday evening was a truly lovely evening and I even got out shooting around the Sugarloaf mountain, fantastic sunset with red skies. Then I get up this morning and some fecker has stolen the sun again and in it's place he has left ..... yes grey skies and it's p'ing down!!

Síle get the dancing shoes on and remember is a SUN dance we want (Butch being optional ;) ).

David

thefizz
07-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Alright who was doing the rain dance? Yesterday evening was a truly lovely evening and I even got out shooting around the Sugarloaf mountain, fantastic sunset with red skies. Then I get up this morning and some fecker has stolen the sun again and in it's place he has left ..... yes grey skies and it's p'ing down!! David

Sorry about that David, I was just doing a trial run with the weather yesterday evening and didn't want to use up all my credits today. I have saved a few hours worth for tomorrow.

Síle
07-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Sorry about that David, I was just doing a trial run with the weather yesterday evening and didn't want to use up all my credits today. I have saved a few hours worth for tomorrow.

Ooops.. I was practicing too.. but you know.. it looks like we should have the weather well under control between us!

But just in case.. I've also started building an Ark..

Síle

dferrie
07-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Good morning all from a bright and sunny Bray, that's worth saying again, a bright and sunny Bray.:D :D :D :D

We have sun with blue skies (few fluffy clouds, clouds not penguins) so for my part it's time for coffee and I'm off to Glendalough !

David

fluffy_penguins
07-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Hooray! The curse has been lifted.
Hope you had a great day and can't wait to hear all about it.
See you next time,

Cath.

dferrie
07-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Good morning all from a bright and sunny Bray, that's worth saying again, a bright and sunny Bray.

We have sun with blue skies (few fluffy clouds, clouds not penguins) so for my part it's time for coffee and I'm off to Glendalough !

Hooray! The curse has been lifted.
Hope you had a great day and and can't wait to hear all about it.
See you next time,

Cath.

We had really great weather this morning. It was only myself, Peter and Síle that made it in the end, but had good time shooting at monastic city then moved to upper lake. We were just saying that we would be happy to consider this trip as a trial run and do it again for those who missed it this time.

David

thefizz
07-14-2007, 04:10 PM
What a great day, thanks to Sile for being such a good guide and David for being the Taxi. I will most definitely be going back again soon.

Síle
07-14-2007, 05:32 PM
What a great day, thanks to Sile for being such a good guide and David for being the Taxi. I will most definitely be going back again soon.

It was a really great day, thanks for the company guys, and we were so so lucky with the weather, all those dances certainly paid off!

Sometime in the future we'll have Glendalough and Coastal Wicklow Part Deux?

Síle

mmcclellan
07-15-2007, 05:51 AM
Glad you guys made it! That tricky Irish weather came through for you after all. Good luck with your next trip! Now if the weather will just be nice in the Aran Islands in early August . . . .

melball
07-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Glad the weather held out! It kind of did in East Cork as well. I'll definitely be up for Glendalough part Deux. Thanks for doing the recce.
Mel

dferrie
07-16-2007, 03:41 AM
Glad you guys made it! That tricky Irish weather came through for you after all. Good luck with your next trip! Now if the weather will just be nice in the Aran Islands in early August . . . .

We really could not have had better weather while in Glendalough, we have great sunshine but with some clouds to add interest to the sky. As we had planned the early start was well worth it as by 9.30am the coach tours had started to arrive, by the time we left there were 5-6 coachs parked in the lower car park, and in fact as we drove away from Glendalough I counted another 5-6 heading towards the site.

Hope you get the weather you want for the Aran Islands in August, I have to say though when it comes to the West of Ireland, I personally feel that while it is beautiful in Sunshine, it comes into its own when you have some nice dark threatening clouds as they really suit the rugged landscape.

David