PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Sacramento?

Pages : [1] 2

darinwc
06-05-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm in carmichael to be exact.

k_jupiter
06-05-2007, 08:23 PM
The only person in Sacrotomato is the Govenator and his ceegars. Nobody else in their right mind would live there... too wet in the winter, to damned hot in the summer.

tim in san jose

TheFlyingCamera
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Oh, and like San Jose isn't a blast furnace in the summer... :)

Sirius Glass
06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
[munching popcorn; munching popcorn; munching popcorn; munching popcorn; munching popcorn]

Steve

k_jupiter
06-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Oh, and like San Jose isn't a blast furnace in the summer... :)

Usually highs of 85 or so, breeze blowing off the bay...

Ya always know how hot it is by observing when the fog burns off in the morning.

San Jose is NICE. Boring weather... but NICE.

Loose Gravel
06-06-2007, 10:51 AM
There must be someone there. Sure a lot of traffic. I'm from Orangevale, just up river from you.

darinwc
06-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Allright that makes 2 people in the sacramento area!

Sacramento does have hot summers, and they are especially unfriendly to photographers.. cloudless skys for 3-4 months straight, and contrast-reducing smog/haze. I allways look east and see huge banks of clouds over the sierra nevadas, but im unsure how far away they are. If they are in the nearby foothills or more torward the peaks of tahoe. Either way, i wish i spent my summers there.

However winters are quite enjoyable. It's not nearly as wet as Oregon and Washington. Its only cold for 2 months... december and january.

Sacramento has quite a bit of historical sites. And while it does not have the granduer of other places, it is diving distance to San Francisco, redwoods, Big Sur, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Mt. Shasta, ghost towns (Bodie!), Santa Cruz, Monterey, Malkoff Diggings, Death Valley, Mono Lake, Alcatraz, Point Reyes, and the list goes on..

Paul Cocklin
06-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Darin, I'm the guy who got your enlarger. (thanks, btw, it's working out great!)

I'm in Roseville, though right now I'm in Pennsylvania for a while. I'll be back in the fall.

Paul

Paul Cocklin
06-19-2007, 08:56 PM
I've always said that the great thing about Sacramento is that it's two hours from everywhere. The bad thing is that it's two hours from anywhere.

tjaded
06-20-2007, 12:38 AM
I grew up in Fair Oaks and have family in Carmichael, so I do visit often. I ended up moving to San Francisco to get away from the heat! Actually, I was in Sacramento on Sunday.

k_jupiter
06-20-2007, 12:51 AM
I grew up in Fair Oaks and have family in Carmichael, so I do visit often. I ended up moving to San Francisco to get away from the heat! Actually, I was in Sacramento on Sunday.

I thought about taking the kids to Sac last weekend... sanity prevailed. *L*

tim in slightly warm san jose

darinwc
06-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Darin, I'm the guy who got your enlarger. (thanks, btw, it's working out great!)

I'm in Roseville, though right now I'm in Pennsylvania for a while. I'll be back in the fall.

Paul

PAUL! glad to hear its working out for you! Send me one of your first prints.

darinwc
06-21-2007, 11:54 AM
BTW, if you are even in sac be sure to check out the Viewpoint Gallery:
http://viewpointgallery.escalet.net/
it's run by local photographers.

kenmeyersphoto
07-08-2007, 03:07 AM
I'm in Grass Valley. Not too far away and 10 degrees cooler!:D

Bart K
07-19-2007, 01:17 PM
close but no Ceegag...I live in Truckee.

darinwc
07-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Trukee is a nice place.. but damn cold in the winter.

DeanC
07-19-2007, 09:40 PM
You should all come to Marin. Perfect weather and a nice view of the fog.

It's a shame it's so freaking expensive...

darinwc
07-20-2007, 11:13 AM
/agree
I love the california coast, especially marin, dillons beach, bodega bay, monterey, big sur, and cambrian. I havent been north of bodega bay though. I understand ft. bragg and eureka are great places too.

Venado
07-29-2007, 08:28 PM
There are plenty of photographers of all types in the Sacramento area. If you have not done so, check out Viewpoint Photographic Art Center at viewpointgallery.org. A fine, not for profit, organization with plenty of "traditional" photographers, a gallery, and a slew of field trips and workshops.

Venado

Jon Shiu
07-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi, I have been a viewpoint member for a few months and I'm impressed by how organized and active the membership is.

Jon