PDA

View Full Version : UK Print exchange round 7

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Jon Butler
07-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi,
Received a print from Barry/Bwakel
Barry,
Thanks for the extra time you spent making it on FB paper and toning it.
I also like and use Adox WT paper toned in similar way.

Cheers JON.

Brian Jeffery
08-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Just a heads up to say that I've kicked off round 8 here http://www.apug.org/forums/forum61/41416-uk-print-exchange-round-8-a.html#post500535

Brian

GFDarlington
08-11-2007, 06:04 AM
Received a print from Geoff Hill last week, of a dense woodland glade with a narrow timber foot bridge crossing a fast flowing beck. Intersting angle of view and clever use of many short exposures to capture the feel of the water flowing under the bridge.

He explained in advance that the postal strikes might delay things and I've been away most of the week, so no complaints.

Graham

mikeg
08-11-2007, 06:31 AM
Received a print from Brian Jeffery while I was away on holiday. Many thanks Brian -- along with your recent postcard, it means I've got a really nice pair of your prints from Warsaw.

I've never thought about using my Mamiya TLR for candid street photography, I'll have to give it a go. I presume you found a seat to sit on, placed the camera on your lap and waited?

Cheers

Mike

Brian Jeffery
08-11-2007, 07:05 AM
I've never thought about using my Mamiya TLR for candid street photography, I'll have to give it a go. I presume you found a seat to sit on, placed the camera on your lap and waited?
Mike

Funny, one of the reasons I bought a C330 was for its suitability to candid photography. Well, to my mind anyway. I wander around with the C330 around my neck looking for photo opportunities. People are less self conscious with the Mamiya, largely do to the fact that I'm using the waist level finder and don't have to hold the camera up to my eye. That, and that 90% of people don't actually recognise it as a camera. My friend always complains that people just don't notice me with a dirty great big brick around my neck, but as soon as he lifts his AE-1 P to his eye the hold world notices.

I've not actually had the camera for a long time, Feb this year, and I'm only really starting to get used to it. However, I'm now pretty proficient at changing lenses or film whilst walking along.

By the way, whilst the 8x10 print was taken in Warsaw, the postcard was actually taken in Krakow.

Brian

Black Dog
08-11-2007, 03:29 PM
I've done loads of candids of my family on the C330-as you say it's v handy because you don't have to lift it up to your eye.

UKJohn
08-15-2007, 06:06 AM
I've had in my possession an interesting print of leaves, ice and water from Black Dog, many thanks for sharing. My apologies for not posting its arrival sooner.

John

Black Dog
08-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks John!:)

Brian Jeffery
08-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Received "It's all Greek to me" from Jon@jb-ci today. It's a wonderful print that shows just what's possible if you spend that little bit more time in the darkroom. This was Jon's second attempt at sending a print as the first got lost in the post.

Thanks for persevering,

Brian

Jon Butler
08-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Received "It's all Greek to me" from Jon@jb-ci today. It's a wonderful print that shows just what's possible if you spend that little bit more time in the darkroom. This was Jon's second attempt at sending a print as the first got lost in the post.

Thanks for persevering,

Brian

Brian,
I am relieved to know that you received my print this time.
I wonder where the first one ended up.
Cheers JON