PDA

View Full Version : Darkroom workshop with Les Mclean

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Fintan
10-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks Catherine, great to have you on board.

Dinesh
10-02-2007, 03:04 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you have the opportunity to take a Les McLean workshop, do it. What you will learn is priceless.

Why re-invent the wheel?

Droog
10-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi - Fintan, I have sent you a PM.

Andrew

Fintan
10-07-2007, 03:53 AM
Thanks Andrew, looking forward to meeting you

pedropolis
10-07-2007, 09:05 AM
PM sent - really looking forwards to this! :D

Bob Carnie
10-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Les is a wonderful and patient teacher , have fun and make some prints.

lee
10-08-2007, 04:06 PM
As someone that has hosted 3 workshops with Les (two darkroom and 1 shooting) I can attest to Les's ability in the darkroom as a fine printer and as a teacher. Your eyes can be opened to a great number of new things to think about in the darkroom.

lee\c

thefizz
10-09-2007, 03:03 AM
It's shaping up the be a great weekend, I'm really looking forward to it.

Peter

dferrie
10-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Hi,

For those traveling to the workshop from Wicklow, just thought you should know that there are signs on the M11/M50 announcing that the M50 will be closed between the Cherrywood and Sandyford/Dundrum exits on Nov 10/11th, which means your best bet is probably M11/N11 to Leopardstown Road, then through Sandyford Industrial Estate to the Drumartin link road and the left onto Kilmacud road upper to Airfield. Be warned there is likely to traffic in the area as the Dundrum road is also closed and this is the route most people will be taking to the Dundrum town centre.

David

MikeI
10-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi Fintan,
I got your email on the printing class with Les.I'm looking forward to it.

Regards
Mike

thefizz
11-01-2007, 10:30 AM
"An evening with Les McLean"

Details of the talk to be given by Les on the Friday evening (9th Nov.) are as follows:

Venue: The Lilly Butler Room, Airfield Trust, Upper Kilmacud Road, Dundrum.
Time: 7pm to 9pm.
Admission: Free.
Parking: Free

Any Apuggers not taking part in the workshop but who wish to attend the Friday evening are welcome to so but please pm me first to register as I need to keep a record of the numbers attending.

Check the link below for directions to Airfield.

www.airfield.ie/visit_page.htm

Peter

Fintan
11-03-2007, 04:24 PM
OK some more info on the workshop. I'm seriously looking forward to this and meeting Les and you guys.

We're running from 10am to 5pm on both saturday and sunday and we'll take a break for lunch (not included in cost) There is a coffee shop on site.

Please bring some 35mm and MF negatives if you do MF. Les will be using our negatives for his demonstrations and we may get a chance to try his techniques but thats time permitting. We have a lot to cover so this will mainly consist of demonstrations.

Its optional but you can bring some prints to get feedback from Les on saturday evening.

Am I forgetting anything Peter?

fluffy_penguins
11-04-2007, 05:46 AM
Yay! I'm really looking forward to this...
C.

thefizz
11-04-2007, 07:41 AM
OK some more info on the workshop. I'm seriously looking forward to this and meeting Les and you guys.

We're running from 10am to 5pm on both saturday and sunday and we'll take a break for lunch (not included in cost) There is a coffee shop on site.

Please bring some 35mm and MF negatives if you do MF. Les will be using our negatives for his demonstrations and we may get a chance to try his techniques but thats time permitting. We have a lot to cover so this will mainly consist of demonstrations.

Its optional but you can bring some prints to get feedback from Les on saturday evening.

Am I forgetting anything Peter?

I think you have everything covered there but I'll just stick in David's note below regarding traffic restrictions to remind everyone. See you all at 7pm Friday.

Peter

"For those traveling to the workshop from Wicklow, just thought you should know that there are signs on the M11/M50 announcing that the M50 will be closed between the Cherrywood and Sandyford/Dundrum exits on Nov 10/11th, which means your best bet is probably M11/N11 to Leopardstown Road, then through Sandyford Industrial Estate to the Drumartin link road and the left onto Kilmacud road upper to Airfield. Be warned there is likely to traffic in the area as the Dundrum road is also closed and this is the route most people will be taking to the Dundrum town centre."

melball
11-05-2007, 01:55 AM
Feeling distinctly jealous I can't make it to this workshop but a new tripod and some ND filters are at the top of the Christmas list. Oh well, I'll have to catch the next one.

dferrie
11-05-2007, 03:53 AM
Hi,

An update on the the traffic restrictions on the M50, I noticed this morning that the signs have been changed. The M50 will now close at 8pm on Sat and re-open on Sun @ 11am. This is still between Cherrywood and Sandyford Junctions Northbound.

I agree with melball, really sorry to be missing workshop but will see you on Friday evening.

David

Síle
11-11-2007, 02:06 PM
I'd just like to say thank you to Fintan and Peter for all their hard work in organising this weekends workshop, it was truly amazing and so much fun at the same time. You both put a lot of time and effort into it, and it was greatly appreciated, so thank you both.

And Les.. you really are an inspiration to watch in the darkroom, you managed to make the weekend riveting with both your printing techniques and your stories and I can't remember a time I've laughed quite so much in a long time, it was an absolute honour to be able to be there this weekend, thank you so much for everything.

Síle

Droog
11-11-2007, 04:46 PM
What a phenomenal weekend! Les is a wonderful human being with a real gift for encouragement and for communicating his passion. He worked hard to give us the keys to a whole cabinet full of tools and ideas and enthusiasm!!

It was a great couple of days; thank you to everyone who made it so special.

Andrew

fluffy_penguins
11-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Les, Peter, and Fintan... THANK YOU! What a great weekend.

-fluffy

thefizz
11-12-2007, 03:33 AM
Whow, I'm still on a high, what a weekend and what a guy.

Watch this space as we have more plans for the new year :D