PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shoot one camera part 4

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

gr82bart
06-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Latest update. Getting the last spot filled is like pulling teeth!

gr82bart
Mayfair710
geauxpez
JohnBartley
MattKing
mudhaus
bdial
Sile
ctarda@mac.com <-- Still need your address
dianna
guissimo
sensanjay
Jon King
k_jupiter
Marc Leest
Ole
BirgerA
MartinB
thebanana
MikeBarger
copake_ham
pesphoto
FilmSprocket
SuzanneR

Regards, Art.

gr82bart
06-12-2007, 08:38 PM
OK people. What happened? I haven't heard back from ctarda, so there are 2 spots left. C'mon. Just two more people. What happened to the Aussie contingent? So close, so close ....

Regards, Art.

Marc Akemann
06-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Art,...I e-mailed a message to a photographer friend of mine and asked him to register with APUG and join us for the "Shoot With One Camera" project.

And I just thought of someone else.......

Marc

Thanasis
06-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Sign me up.

gr82bart
06-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Final list. I will create a route, post it and the camera will go out this weekend.

gr82bart
Mayfair710
geauxpez
JohnBartley
MattKing
mudhaus
bdial
Sile
dianna
guissimo
sensanjay
Jon King
k_jupiter
Marc Leest
Ole
BirgerA
MartinB
thebanana
MikeBarger
copake_ham
pesphoto
FilmSprocket
SuzanneR
rst
Thanasis

Regards, Art.

Sanjay Sen
06-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks for doing this, Art! :)

gr82bart
06-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Alright people here's the route the camera will take:

USA MA - Suzanne (SuzanneR)
USA NH - Jonathan (JonKing)
USA NH - Barry (bdial)
USA RI - Paul (pesphoto)
USA NYC - George (Copake_ham)
USA NJ - Sanjay (Sensanjay)
USA GA - Adam (geauxpex)
USA TX - Dianna (Dianna)
USA KS - Mike (MikeBarger)
USA MI - Marc (FilmSprocket)
USA MI - marianne (Mayfair710)
Canada ON - John (JohnBartley)
Canada MA - John (the banana)
Canada AB - Martin (MartinB)
Canada BC - Matt (MattKing)
USA CA - Tim (mudhaus)
USA CA - Michael (k_jupiter)
USA CA - Guillermo (guissimo)
AUSTRALIA - Arthur (Thanasis)
Ireland - Sheila (Sile)
Belgium - Marc (Marc Leest)
Germany - Ruediger (rst)
Norway - Ole (Ole)
NORWAY - Birger (BirgerA)
USA CT - Art (gr82bart)So, a couple pointers - and all of this will be in the instructions that will accompany the camera:

For folks in the US, you don't have to use USPS Priority Post or Courriers, just USPS parcel post will do, maybe with a delivery/signature receipt. I think it's an extra 75 cents.
Don't keep the camera too long. Don't take it on vacation with you. Just take the shot, people. If everyone takes about a week to take their image and mail it to the next person that alone will be about say 30 weeks! That is if everything goes smoothly.
Please post a message here when you get the camera.
Please post a message here when you mail the camera to the next person.
Please tell me and the previous person on the route, by private message (PM), if your address has changed as soon before the camera arrives as possible.
Don't wind the camera to the next frame! It might accidently go off in transit and we'll lose frames. Don't worry about the next person not winding. The camera shutter won't go if it isn't wound to the next free frame. Sorta fool proof, I hope.
If you are sending the camera overseas, make sure to list the item as a DISPOABLE CAMERA with a value of say $5 USD or equivalent. Make sure you indicate that it is a GIFT and not for sale or re-sale.
I'll scan the images and organize any reprints for people at the end of the trip.
Have fun!OK, so Suzanne, I'll be mailing the camera off to you on Saturday! :D

Regards, Art.

k_jupiter
06-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks for doing this Art.

BTW - I am tim, not Mike, so make sure you have your forwarding addresses correct for mudhaus, myself, and guissimo.

Thanks again,

tim aka k_jupiter

gr82bart
06-15-2007, 12:20 PM
BTW - I am tim, not Mike, so make sure you have your forwarding addresses correct for mudhaus, myself, and guissimoD'oh! Sorry, I checked and I got the addresses right, but got the handles wrong.

Regards, Art.

Síle
06-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for doing this Art.

I second that.. thanks for organising this Art.. looking forward to my Aussie package :D

Síle

SuzanneR
06-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Whoa.... completely missed all the updates on this, and found the camera in the mailbox this morning!! Yay!! And we have a sunny weekend on tap, I'll make a pic, and pass it along asap!

SuzanneR
06-22-2007, 02:34 PM
So... I made and exposure, packed it back up, and mailed it off to JonKing just a town or two north of me!! How's that for quick??

Sanjay Sen
06-22-2007, 06:31 PM
So... I made and exposure, packed it back up, and mailed it off to JonKing just a town or two north of me!! How's that for quick??

That's pretty quick! :) Thanks, Suzanne!

gr82bart
06-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi Folks,

Things look pretty smooth so far. Also, just a reminder to everyone, don't forget to post a message in this thread if you got the camera or have sent it off to the next person.

Regards, Art.

Jon King
06-25-2007, 10:18 AM
I would have posted this sooner, but I'm still recovering from the shock of opening my mailbox Saturday night, and seeing the camera box from Suzanne. Ok, it was only 10 miles, but it was between towns and over a state line! I don't think I can gripe about the postal system anymore :p

I hope to take my picture tonight on the way home from work, and keep it moving.

gr82bart
06-25-2007, 04:00 PM
I might jinx this, but at this rate, we'll finish before Camera 1!! Wouldn't that be funny?

Regards, Art.

Jon King
06-26-2007, 12:12 PM
I wasn't quite as speedy as Suzanne but I just got back from the local post office, affirmed that the package I was sending contained nothing liquid, fragile, perishable or potentially hazardous, forked over a $20 (I got change) and sent the camera on its way.

Art - That's no simple disposable camera! Did it cost an extra 50 cents for the "zoom" feature?:)

gr82bart
06-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Umm ... hehehe .. uh ... yeah ... did I forget to mention there was a zoom feature? Hehehe ... sorry. My bad. Gotta go now ...

Regards, Art.

copake_ham
06-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Zoom feature on a disposable!

I thought the 800 ISO was impressive - Geez Zoom too?

I can't wait to see this one! Might just dump some of the other gear around here and go disposable after hearing about this. Can't wait....

BTW: Art, did I ever give you my mailing info? You haven't asked for it so I guess so - just don't remember as well anymore, just don't remember as well anymore, just don't remem....

S&i% what was I saying? :confused:

bdial
06-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Camera received today, I'll update when I send it off.