PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shoot one camera part 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

gr82bart
08-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Art, just to be sure I don't do a boo-boo, would you please PM to me the correct name and mailing address for the next person in line?Next in line is thebanana. No way, eh? PM sent.

Regards, Art.

copake_ham
08-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Next in line is thebanana. No way, eh? PM sent.

Regards, Art.

Okay, this is going to be really bad....

Sunday night, while traveling back down to NYC from Copake we heard a news report on the progress of Hurricane Dean.

Apparently, it had whacked the island of St. Lucia such that the news reporter said the entire banana crop had been destroyed.

I immediately turned to my wife and sang: "Yes, we have no bananas; we have no bananas today....". ;)

So the only remaining question is, John, will The Banana get the Camera soon, eh? :D

Shawn Rahman
08-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Okay, this is going to be really bad....

I immediately turned to my wife and sang: "Yes, we have no bananas; we have no bananas today....". ;)

So the only remaining question is, John, will The Banana get the Camera soon, eh? :D

The bigger question may be what your wife's reaction was. :p

John Bartley
08-23-2007, 05:41 AM

"Soon" .... is such a relative term ... :)

I promise to (i) expeditiously secure the image as previously agreed, (ii) securely package the image acquisition device, and (iii) forward said device through the services of Canada Post ... whereupon, the relativity of the word "soon" may become very apparent :)

cheers eh?

copake_ham
08-23-2007, 11:24 AM
The bigger question may be what your wife's reaction was. :p

You guessed it - a groan and a look kind of like this ---> :rolleyes:

John Bartley
08-28-2007, 05:04 AM
And it's on its way to The Banana.

cheers

gr82bart
08-28-2007, 07:34 AM
The bigger question may be what your wife's reaction was. :pHey! Stop that! Didn't you hear the latest edict from the APUG Council of Political Correct Police? It's locker room comments like this that scream APUG is only for the straight male ... :rolleyes:

Regards, Art.

k_jupiter
08-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Hey! Stop that! Didn't you hear the latest edict from the APUG Council of Political Correct Police? It's locker room comments like this that scream APUG is only for the straight male ... :rolleyes:

Regards, Art.

It isn't?

tim in san jose

thebanana
08-28-2007, 06:52 PM
It's locker room comments like this that scream APUG is only for the straight male ...

I do, in fact, have a rather large banana. Actually, I bought several of them at Safeway today. I am male and straight, they are undetermined and slightly bent.:D :D

Now, what was the topic again?

Oh yeah, the traveling camera. I'm looking forward to finding it in the mail soon. I think I will take a picture of 5 bananas on September 7th and kill two birds with one stone:) .

gr82bart
09-02-2007, 06:38 AM
"Soon" .... is such a relative term ... :)

I promise to ... (iii) forward said device through the services of Canada Post ... whereupon, the relativity of the word "soon" may become very apparent :)Holy cow! You ain't kidding John. What the heck? Are they delivering the mail via sled dogs or what? This is going to take months to make its way to Vancouver!

Regards, Art.

Marc Akemann
09-02-2007, 08:55 AM
I find this all very enjoyable. The feeling of anticipation with almost everything associated with this project is, well, quite the analog experience. No instant results or immediate gratification here. This is great!

Marc

thebanana
09-04-2007, 12:26 PM
The camera arrived today! I'll get my shot off and sent to the next person on the list within a day or so.

John

thebanana
09-06-2007, 09:09 AM
It's off to Martin in Calgary today:)

gr82bart
09-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Umm ... Martin? Any news yet on its arrival? Let's not keep Marc in suspense too long. LOL

Regards, Art.

MartinB
09-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I PM'd John but should have updated the thread. The camera arrived last week and Matt (next in line) is away until the 24th. I plan to have it in the mail this week so it is in Van when Matt returns.
Martin

Marc Akemann
09-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Umm ... Martin? Any news yet on its arrival? Let's not keep Marc in suspense too long. LOL

Regards, Art.

Actually,...I can't wait to see the results. And Art, I can understand you being just a little anxious about this 'club function', since it's your baby. Thanks for staying on top of things.

:)

Marc

MartinB
09-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Picture taken last week and camera on its way to Matt in Vancouver.

MattKing
09-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Picture taken last week and camera on its way to Matt in Vancouver.

I wait with bated breath :)

Matt

copake_ham
09-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Checking back - it arrived up in the Great White North on August 22nd! Will it make it out before the snow flies? :confused: ;)

MartinB
09-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Nope, we already had snow last week!

Martin