PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shoot one camera part 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

gr82bart
09-29-2007, 06:10 AM
Slooooowly making it's way via dog sled across the Prairies and the Canadian Rockies to Matt. Once the camera gets out of my home country's postal system, we'll hopefully get this thing moving to a quicker pace, eh?

I know, I'm too impatient! Hey, it's exciting, ain't it?

Regards, Art.

geauxpez
09-29-2007, 08:12 AM
So, what frame number are we on now?

Adam

gr82bart
09-29-2007, 08:20 AM
OK Folks, here's where we are to date with the camera. Looks like more than half way to the end:

1. USA MA - Suzanne (SuzanneR)
2. USA NH - Jonathan (JonKing)
3. USA NH - Barry (bdial)
4. USA RI - Paul (pesphoto)
5. USA NYC - George (Copake_ham)
6. USA NJ - Sanjay (Sensanjay)
7. USA GA - Adam (geauxpex)
8. USA TX - Dianna (Dianna)
9. USA KS - Mike (MikeBarger)
10. USA MI - Marc (FilmSprocket)
11. USA MI - marianne (Mayfair710)
12. Canada ON - John (JohnBartley)
13. Canada MA - John (the banana)
14. Canada AB - Martin (MartinB)
15. Canada BC - Matt (MattKing) <---Should be arriving here soon
16. USA CA - Michael (mudhaus)
17. USA CA - Tim (k_jupiter)
18. USA CA - Guillermo (guissimo)
19. AUSTRALIA - Arthur (Thanasis)
20. Ireland - Sheila (Sile)
21. Belgium - Marc (Marc Leest)
22. Germany - Ruediger (rst)
23. Norway - Ole (Ole)
24. NORWAY - Birger (BirgerA)
25. USA CT - Art (gr82bart)

It's still entirely possible we'll complete this journey before Camera 1's trip!

Regards, Art.

Sanjay Sen
09-29-2007, 10:05 AM
It's still entirely possible we'll complete this journey before Camera 1's trip!

Anybody want to bet on that! :D

copake_ham
09-29-2007, 09:05 PM
BTW, Art. There's a thread kicking around with some "wannabes" looking to see if someone will start Round 5!

Are you up to it?

MartinB
09-30-2007, 06:29 AM
I wait with bated breath :)

Matt

Matt,

According to the Canada Post tracking website, they attempted delivery on the 27th, then transferred to the 6th st retail location for pickup (with the delivery card)

SIXTH STREET PO
617 BELMONT ST
NEW WESTMINSTER BC V3M 3C0

Phone: 1-800-267-1177

I am leaving for 3 weeks so if you need to follow up, it is item # 0358576000265687

gr82bart
09-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Are you up to it?I personally would like to get this round over with first. I'm actually quite busy with work and other stuff.

That being said, there's no reason why someone else couldn't pickup the baton and organize another round. What about you George? Seriously, I think you could do it.

Regards, Art.

copake_ham
10-01-2007, 10:28 AM
I personally would like to get this round over with first. I'm actually quite busy with work and other stuff.

That being said, there's no reason why someone else couldn't pickup the baton and organize another round. What about you George? Seriously, I think you could do it.

Regards, Art.

Art,

Thanks but I must politely decline the offer.

I'd be glad to take part but similarly lack the time to organize etc.

k_jupiter
10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Art,

Thanks but I must politely decline the offer.

I'd be glad to take part but similarly lack the time to organize etc.

As with most, I am over my head in work from now till March of next year... but I was just thinking as I came up from Monterey today. I have a couple extra Cannon Sureshots I bought for kite photos (KAP)... yes they are auto focus, auto exposure, but... they do take nice photos...

I was thinking (I repeat myself), what about a B&W ASA100 camera we all shoot? Say APX100 in a Cannon Sureshot, 37-85 zoom? I'll develop in Rodinal 1:50 when (if) it gets back, scan the negatives for APUG distribution, then send all participants their little itty bitty frames to let you print yourself.

Any interest?

tim in san jose

thebanana
10-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Umm, did the 4th camera ever get to Vancouver?

MattKing
10-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Matt,

According to the Canada Post tracking website, they attempted delivery on the 27th, then transferred to the 6th st retail location for pickup (with the delivery card)

SIXTH STREET PO
617 BELMONT ST
NEW WESTMINSTER BC V3M 3C0

Phone: 1-800-267-1177

I am leaving for 3 weeks so if you need to follow up, it is item # 0358576000265687

It took a detour, but I now have the camera. What a fine piece of technology it is!

Now all I need is some sunshine :(

The last few days here have been darker and wetter than usual for October. I will persevere.

Matt

P.S. Martin, was it you who included the Alberta promotional material in with the packing :) :)?

gr82bart
10-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Just a little bit of factoids:

US Postal Service - 11 people in about 8 weeks - Jun 16 to Aug 8
Canada Post - 4 people in about 8 weeks (and it hasn't left Canada yet!) - Aug 22 to Oct 2.
Hmmm .... John Bartley, you weren't kidding! :o

None the less, the first camera is somewhere in the former Yugoslavia and I still think we can 'beat' it home!

OK, now will someone sacrifice a chicken or something so Matt can get some sunshine?

Regards, Art.

Síle
10-04-2007, 01:24 PM
OK, now will someone sacrifice a chicken or something so Matt can get some sunshine?

Regards, Art.

Consider it done... I'm still holding out the hope that it manages to get from Australia to Ireland in one piece!
And now for a nice roast chicken dinner... :D mmmmmm...

Síle

MattKing
10-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Just a little bit of factoids:

US Postal Service - 11 people in about 8 weeks - Jun 16 to Aug 8
Canada Post - 4 people in about 8 weeks (and it hasn't left Canada yet!) - Aug 22 to Oct 2.
Hmmm .... John Bartley, you weren't kidding! :o

None the less, the first camera is somewhere in the former Yugoslavia and I still think we can 'beat' it home!

Regards, Art.

Hi Art and others.

The sun peaked out briefly yesterday, so it has been shot. Did a backup shot as well on another camera of the same scene, for identification purposes.

I packaged it up this morning and my wife has volunteered to go to the post office today. I am just sending it Air Mail to Tim in California - the lowest cost service with tracking would be about $23.00. And that is the real, robust Canadian dollars, not those wimpy US dollars :).

One point about the delay though - the 4 Canadian stops are separated by three time zones and almost 3000 miles in total (compare that to the distances between the first 6 stops) - and at least some of the delay was my fault due to the fact that I was away for 12+ days at just the wrong time (although for the life of me I cannot figure what time on the 27th they tried to first deliver it - did they wait intentionally for the brief period during lunch when my office closes so they wouldn't have to come in and say hi?).

Matt

Matt

k_jupiter
10-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Well I am not sure whether Mudhaus or I will get it next, but if it does arrive, I am confident I can find something of interest here in the wilds of Silicon Valley. Knowing the history of the camera though, it will probably start raining.

tim in san jose

MattKing
10-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Well I am not sure whether Mudhaus or I will get it next, but if it does arrive, I am confident I can find something of interest here in the wilds of Silicon Valley. Knowing the history of the camera though, it will probably start raining.

tim in san jose

A further update:

My wife confirms that the camera has now been mailed. Even better, Canada Post apparently does offer a tracking facility for air mail at a reasonable cost.

I've PM'd k_jupiter with the address it was sent to. Hope it was right!

Matt

copake_ham
10-04-2007, 07:47 PM
A further update:

My wife confirms that the camera has now been mailed. Even better, Canada Post apparently does offer a tracking facility for air mail at a reasonable cost.

I've PM'd k_jupiter with the address it was sent to. Hope it was right!

Matt

OMG, our little sojourner has been dispatched via sled dog to an address of questionable nature.

Will this much-traveled image machine reach its next destination?

Stay tuned folks, for the next exciting adventure of "Let's all shoot one camera part 4"!

BTW: do we get to divvy up the frequent flier miles of this sucker amongst us? :D

Thanasis
10-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Consider it done... I'm still holding out the hope that it manages to get from Australia to Ireland in one piece!
And now for a nice roast chicken dinner... :D mmmmmm...

Síle
I hope so too. Talk about bad timing! In two weeks work is sending me to Tasmania for about two weeks. I have to commission a new electricity substation. If the camera gets to Sydney while I am in Tasmania, there will be a delay. I'm sorry about this. :( I'll try and get my fiance to send it down to me in Tasmania, if this happens.

If it gets here before I leave for Tassie, i'll make sure to take the photo and send it on its merry way to Ireland.

regards,
Thanasis.

Sanjay Sen
10-04-2007, 08:26 PM
The sun peaked out briefly yesterday, so it has been shot.
How'd you manage to do that? I'm told it's millions of miles away! :D

k_jupiter
10-04-2007, 09:42 PM
OMG, our little sojourner has been dispatched via sled dog to an address of questionable nature.

Will this much-traveled image machine reach its next destination?

Stay tuned folks, for the next exciting adventure of "Let's all shoot one camera part 4"!

BTW: do we get to divvy up the frequent flier miles of this sucker amongst us? :D

Sorry George,

Via pmail Matt and I figured out it was going to me next, correct address. I will snap the picture (too bad I am no longer in Monterey) and get it to Mudhaus. I suspect California will be a breeze (assuming no earthquakes).

Dogsled services don't have frequent flyer miles, only flexible flyer miles.

tim in san jose