PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shoot one camera part 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

guissimo
11-09-2007, 06:08 PM
The "laid back" California finally drove to the post office and he's happy to report that the camera is on its way in Australia. Thanasis will get it in a about a week.

Thanasis
11-11-2007, 01:21 AM
Hi all,
I have infrequent access to the internet here in Tasmania. Today was the first day in a week that I could check in. Glad to hear that the camera is on its way. I'm here in Tasmania and I will be back in Sydney in a couple of weeks. It's a pity that I didn't have it it here in Tassie as the scenery around Zeehan township is spectacular.
Regards,
Thanasis.

copake_ham
11-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Hi all,
I have infrequent access to the internet here in Tasmania. Today was the first day in a week that I could check in. Glad to hear that the camera is on its way. I'm here in Tasmania and I will be back in Sydney in a couple of weeks. It's a pity that I didn't have it it here in Tassie as the scenery around Zeehan township is spectacular.
Regards,
Thanasis.

Thanasis,

Just remember one thing. This camera was made in and began it's journey from the Northern Latitudes. Now that it's heading down to the Antipodes you have to turn it upside down when you shoot it. Otherwise you picture will be both "down under" and "backward" ! :D

All kidding aside, having been to Tassie - you're right - you'd have some great opportunities there - but Sydney's quite photogenic too.

Black Dog
11-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Hehehehehe......

Thanasis
11-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi again,
Just letting you all know that I am back home and the camera is here too. I'll be taking the photograph and then sending the camera on it's merry way to Ireland.

regards.
Thanasis

DarkroomExperimente
11-24-2007, 07:45 PM
hey this is great!

sounds like a project I was trying to start...

this fall I sent a camera off to a photo workshop for people to pass around...and we were discussing this type of project

I'm 100% up for it

LOL...ooops...appears I'm a bit too late...maybe next time

Marc Akemann
11-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi again,
Just letting you all know that I am back home and the camera is here too. I'll be taking the photograph and then sending the camera on it's merry way to Ireland.

regards.
Thanasis

That's great news! We're on the home stretch now. A few stops in Europe and then Art's place! Very cool.

gr82bart
11-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi Folks,

Awesome! Seems the camera is zooming along, irritating pagan chicken recipes notwithstanding. Status:

19. AUSTRALIA - Arthur (Thanasis)
20. Ireland - Sheila (Sile) <--- The camera will arrive here next
21. Belgium - Marc (Marc Leest)
22. Germany - Ruediger (rst)
23. Norway - Ole (Ole)
24. NORWAY - Birger (BirgerA)
25. USA CT - Art (gr82bart)

Here's my recipe for Murg Makhani ...

Ingredients:
Chicken – 1 kg, skinned, boned, and cubed

For Marinade:
Yogurt – 5 tablespoons
Tandoori masala – 1 tablespoon
Garam masala powder – 1 tablespoon
Lime juice – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 1 teaspoon, or to taste
Cummin powder – 1 teaspoon
Orange zest – ½ teaspoon

For Sauce:
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Butter – 2 tablespoons
Onions – 2, sliced
Ginger – 1 inch piece, crushed into a fine paste
Garlic – 6 cloves, crushed into a fine paste
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
White pepper – 1 teaspoon
Tomatoes – 2, pureed
Cream – 2 tablespoons

Nut Paste:
Cashews – 10
Almonds – 5
Water

For Garnish:
Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons, fresh, chopped
Cream

Method:
1. Marinate the chicken with the marinade ingredients, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Make a nut paste by crushing nuts and blend with water until a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil and butter in a medium wok and fry onions for 3 minutes or until golden.
4. Add the ginger and garlic paste along with a little water and fry till oil separates.
5. Add the marinated chicken mixture and stir-fry for 8-10 minutes.
6. Add chilli, coriander, turmeric, white pepper, tomato puree, nut paste, and mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add 2 cups of water, mix well, and bring it to boil. Cover and cook in a low flame until chicken is done. It takes approximately 10 minutes.
8. Add cream and stir in well. The sauce will start to thicken.
9. Serve hot with rice, roti, paratha, or naan.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves and a dollop of fresh cream.

Regards, Art.

Sanjay Sen
11-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Art, that recipe sounds awesome! I will give it a try over the holidays. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Sanjay

Síle
11-26-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm getting excited and hungry all at once.. :D

Timing is perfect too as the weather here is glorious at the moment, now if it would just last a little longer..

Síle

copake_ham
11-26-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm getting excited and hungry all at once.. :D

Timing is perfect too as the weather here is glorious at the moment, now if it would just last a little longer..

Síle

Sile,

Your enthusiasm is boundless given that the poor thing is leaving the sunny Summer antipodes for the coldest, greyest, darkest time of the year in Northern Europe! :(

Good thing this camera has a built-in flash unit. Should make it easier for taking pictures at noon-time! :D

Jon King
11-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Sile,

Good thing this camera has a built-in flash unit. Should make it easier for taking pictures at noon-time! :D

Oh George.. that's a low blow.. coming from sunny Tuscon? ;) Tuscon, where the pagan chickens cook themselves as they cross the road - I do hate mixing bad jokes and good recipes :p Now we'd all be jealous if Síle came back with a great photo of a nice draught of Guiness, true?

Seriously.. it has been exciting to see this camera travel along, the recipes bouncing around the threads are just a bennie!

MattKing
11-27-2007, 12:39 AM
I like to think that George was in New York when he made this post - how's the snow George?

From Matt, in Delta British Columbia, where the first (and hopefully last time) this year, it is trying to make its mind about whether to slush, or to snow.

Matt

Síle
11-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Sile,
Your enthusiasm is boundless given that the poor thing is leaving the sunny Summer antipodes for the coldest, greyest, darkest time of the year in Northern Europe!

Ah George anyone can take a picture in the sunshine.. But there's nothing quite like the diffused early morning and evening light in the Irish countryside...

Now we'd all be jealous if Síle came back with a great photo of a nice draught of Guinness, true?

So very true... And I could share a pint of Guinness with the camera when we're finished shooting and go sacrifice another chicken ;)

I like to think that George was in New York when he made this post - how's the snow George?

Cold I hope Matt... ;)

Síle

Black Dog
11-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Chicken with Guinness....hmmmmm....pukka.....

copake_ham
11-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Oh George.. that's a low blow.. coming from sunny Tuscon? ;) Tuscon, where the pagan chickens cook themselves as they cross the road - I do hate mixing bad jokes and good recipes :p Now we'd all be jealous if Síle came back with a great photo of a nice draught of Guiness, true?
......!

Alas, I wish that Jon were still correct, but we returned to NYC and Copake last Friday.

From Matt, in Delta British Columbia, where the first (and hopefully last time) this year, it is trying to make its mind about whether to slush, or to snow.

Matt

Matt,

A blast of cold air upon our arrival back in NYC woke us up - and we did see some snow flurries on Friday night up in Copake.

But now, global warming seems to have returned and we are "basking" as if it were still mid-Autumn.

Ah George anyone can take a picture in the sunshine.. But there's nothing quite like the diffused early morning and evening light in the Irish countryside........
Síle

Sile,

What is amazing too about this time of the year where you are is that the diffused early morning and evening light of the Irish countryside happen at the same time! ;)

Just kidding - looking forward to your pic, and one of a pint o' Guinness would look quite nice.

Perhaps the next round of this kind of thread should be "pub shots around the world"? :D

Black Dog
11-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Remember to put film in your camera BEFORE you start drinking....:D

k_jupiter
11-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Perhaps the next round of this kind of thread should be "pub shots around the world"? :D

Rest assured George, when you get Round 5's Camera, please feel free to use it in the bar, pub, gasthaus, tavern, deep dive, hole in the wall, of your choice.

We look forward to your contribution.

Now just pour me another draft of Guinness, 'cause it is the best in the land...

tim in san jose

k_jupiter
12-10-2007, 11:44 PM
CHICKEN BARLEY STEW WITH HERBS

2-3 LB chicken breasts on the bone
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 LB leeks (3-4 large ones, 4-5 little ones) thickly cut. May substitute onions
4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
6 oz barley
3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 3/4 cups water
2 bay leaves
1 Tablespoon dried sage

Comment: This is originally an Anglo-Saxon recipe. The original calls for rabbit, but chicken is just as good.
In a large Dutch Oven, melt the butter, then fry the leeks and garlic in the butter. Add the chicken and brown. Add remaining ingredients, reserving the sage. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Remove chicken from pot and let cool. Remove meat from bones and add back to the pot. Add sage. Stir well and serve. Leftovers freeze well. Serves 8

From "Recipes for the Sabbots & Esbats" http://www.unc.edu/~reddeer/recipe/rec_beltain.html#chixbar

You know the Winter Solstice is approaching. I have not seen a better recipe to celebrate the waning of the sun than this (unless you live in the southern hemisphere...) ...

tim in san jose

gr82bart
12-11-2007, 06:31 AM
OK people, where's the camera? Last I heard ...

19. AUSTRALIA - Arthur (Thanasis)
20. Ireland - Sheila (Sile) <--- The camera will arrive here next
21. Belgium - Marc (Marc Leest)
22. Germany - Ruediger (rst)
23. Norway - Ole (Ole)
24. NORWAY - Birger (BirgerA)
25. USA CT - Art (gr82bart)

Update Arthur? Hope you didn't get run over by a couple Tasmanian Devils!

Regards, Art.