PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shoot one camera part 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

Síle
12-11-2007, 06:58 AM
OK people, where's the camera? Last I heard ...

19. AUSTRALIA - Arthur (Thanasis)
20. Ireland - Sheila (Sile) <--- The camera will arrive here next

Update Arthur? Hope you didn't get run over by a couple Tasmanian Devils!

Regards, Art.

Still waiting patiently....:munch:

k_jupiter
12-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Perhaps it will arrive before Camera 5?

I like that photo...of the delivery guy walking up the steps with Camera 4 being photographed with Camera 5.

tim in san jose

Thanasis
12-12-2007, 02:03 AM
OK people, where's the camera? Last I heard ...

19. AUSTRALIA - Arthur (Thanasis)
20. Ireland - Sheila (Sile) <--- The camera will arrive here next
21. Belgium - Marc (Marc Leest)
22. Germany - Ruediger (rst)
23. Norway - Ole (Ole)
24. NORWAY - Birger (BirgerA)
25. USA CT - Art (gr82bart)

Update Arthur? Hope you didn't get run over by a couple Tasmanian Devils!

Regards, Art.

Steamrolled by a sh*tload of work. The camera will be sent to Sheila in Ireland on Friday. Sorry for the delay.

copake_ham
12-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Steamrolled by a sh*tload of work. The camera will be sent to Sheila in Ireland on Friday. Sorry for the delay.

Hmmm...tim may get his "set up shot" yet! ;)

Síle
12-12-2007, 07:28 PM

Looks like I'm getting a camera for Christmas,
And if I'm really good.. two cameras! :D

Síle

copake_ham
12-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Looks like I'm getting a camera for Christmas,
And if I'm really good.. two cameras! :D

Síle

Okay Sile, you could well be "rich" in cameras by Christmas. But here's the critical question.

Camera 4 is a Kodak one-use with (if I recall) 400BCN. Camera 5 is a Canon Sureshot with Ilford FP-4.

So, is Christmas Day going to be a "Kodak moment" or....? :D

Síle
12-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Okay Sile, you could well be "rich" in cameras by Christmas. But here's the critical question.

Camera 4 is a Kodak one-use with (if I recall) 400BCN. Camera 5 is a Canon Sureshot with Ilford FP-4.

So, is Christmas Day going to be a "Kodak moment" or....? :D

Well now.. Who says I have to use one or the other?
Christmas is for sharing after all George... and I'd hate a camera to feel left out :)

Síle

copake_ham
12-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Well now.. Who says I have to use one or the other?
Christmas is for sharing after all George... and I'd hate a camera to feel left out :)

Síle

Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention that "...this is a Kodak Moment..." was a tag line on Kodak's holiday ads for years as it showed Dad (yes, it was always Dad) taking an Instamatic pic of smiling Sally or Stevie with their new toy! :D

MattKing
12-12-2007, 10:51 PM
And of course, for many years the Kodak slogan was....

"Open Me First"

There was even Kodak wrapping paper that said that.

It was not unknown to see that under our Christmas tree :).

Matt

k_jupiter
12-12-2007, 11:58 PM
And of course, for many years the Kodak slogan was....

"Open Me First"

T
Matt

Matt,

This IS a family forum. Please keep that in mind.

Sile,

I hope you do have two pictures to take Christmas Day. Y'all do your best. I'll be on a flight to New Orleans for a couple days of drinking, eating, and general merry making.

I'll be thinking of y'all as I ingest crayfish ettoufee, raw oysters, crab claws, poorboys, weird N.O. drinks, and gumbo, gumbo, gumbo.

tim in san jose

Thanasis
12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Still waiting patiently....:munch:

I took a photo this morning and the camera is finally on its way to Ireland. Have fun Sheila!! :)

gr82bart
12-13-2007, 06:21 PM
I took a photo this morning and the camera is finally on its way to Ireland. Have fun Sheila!! :)Hey! Give us a recipe Arthur! You can't get away that easy ... what about sago grub stew, wombat on a spit or something delish like that?

Regards, Art.

copake_ham
12-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey! Give us a recipe Arthur! You can't get away that easy ... what about sago grub stew, wombat on a spit or something delish like that?

Regards, Art.

OMG!

Art - this is camera #4.

The recipe thing is for camera #5!

And, geez, come to think of it - I'm about to shoot 5 and pass it to you - and I still don't have a recipe! :o :D

gr82bart
12-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Recipes in the thread to the left of you, recipes in the thread to the right of you ... be afraid of the recipes George. Be very afraid ...

Regards, Art.

Síle
12-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Tim you're making me hungry again.. although I honestly have no idea what half the things you're going to eat are.. such as "ettoufee", it all sounds good. Hope you enjoy it whatever you do over the holidays.

I'm thinking of changing things slightly and roasting the camera and sending the chicken on to the next person on the list.. whaddya think?

Síle

Síle
12-13-2007, 06:52 PM
I took a photo this morning and the camera is finally on its way to Ireland. Have fun Sheila!! :)

Thanks Arthur, I will! I'm really looking forward to it's arrival now..

Síle

copake_ham
12-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Aha!

I have found a recipe for #5!

I'm off the hook for #4 because I shot off that sucker back in August before this recipe thing got going . And besides then the camera got bogged down - first in Canada and then in the Antipodes!

Although I'm the family cook - I haven't tried the chicken recipe I'll post on #5 so you'll be on your own (although it does look interesting).

And, since I'm also the family lawyer - I'll be sure to post a full disclaimer and also expect that APUG and Sean will fully indemnify me for both simple and gross negligence etc. if the recipe maims or kills you and/or yours! :D

k_jupiter
12-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Tim you're making me hungry again.. although I honestly have no idea what half the things you're going to eat are.. such as "ettoufee", it all sounds good. Hope you enjoy it whatever you do over the holidays.

I'm thinking of changing things slightly and roasting the camera and sending the chicken on to the next person on the list.. whaddya think?

Síle

ettoufee is a sauce based dish with shrimp or crayfish (a miniture fresh water lobster looking thing) in poured over rice. Well made ettoufee is so... well it rolls off your tongue and tickles your taste buds as it descends into your stomach.

I have a fond saying that when I die, I am going to hell becuase that's where all the bad women go and I like bad women. But if I find out they only serve ettoufee in heaven... I gots a problem.

Gumbo is a cajun stew made with chicken and or sausage and or seafood, with peppers onions okra and whatnot in it. 7,000,000 gumbo makers, 7,000,000 recipes. It's thick also with the sauce made from file (pronouned fee lay) a root of some plant ground up.

Poorboys are a southern equivalent of submarine sandwiches (or hogies, grinders, torpedos, or whatever you call them). They have meat or fish with salad and mayo on them usually. The bread is important in these.

I eat well in New Orleans.

tim in san jose

copake_ham
12-13-2007, 09:03 PM
ettoufee is a sauce based dish with shrimp or crayfish (a miniture fresh water lobster looking thing) in poured over rice. Well made ettoufee is so... well it rolls off your tongue and tickles your taste buds as it descends into your stomach.

I have a fond saying that when I die, I am going to hell becuase that's where all the bad women go and I like bad women. But if I find out they only serve ettoufee in heaven... I gots a problem.

Gumbo is a cajun stew made with chicken and or sausage and or seafood, with peppers onions okra and whatnot in it. 7,000,000 gumbo makers, 7,000,000 recipes. It's thick also with the sauce made from file (pronouned fee lay) a root of some plant ground up.

Poorboys are a southern equivalent of submarine sandwiches (or hogies, grinders, torpedos, or whatever you call them). They have a meat or fish with salad and mayo on them usually. The bread is important in these.

I eat well in New Orleans.

tim in san jose

So, tim, let me ask you this (from the NY Times crossword last Friday):

"Traditional Monday N.O. dinner" :confused:

k_jupiter
12-13-2007, 09:54 PM
So, tim, let me ask you this (from the NY Times crossword last Friday):

"Traditional Monday N.O. dinner" :confused:

Red beans and Rice.

Everyone knows that.

*L*

Fortunately, I won't be in N.O. on Monday, either week. In Mobile AL, Monday is New Years Eve, correct? We have a couple pounds of steamed shrimp, baked potatoes, a green veggie, boiled peanuts, and some quantities of white wine. If it's not too cold, we sit out on the back porch, telling lies and eating good food.

It's a nice way to bring in the new year.

tim in san jose