PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota North Shore APUG Trip

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

bill schwab
08-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Best of luck to all of you! This sounds like a great trip. Have fun and get some great photographs. It seems I will have to be in NY for this period and I am sorry not to be able to attend. Would love to meet you all and hope I can on another gathering.

All the Best, Bill

Rlibersky
08-13-2007, 02:03 PM
So far, I have these names confirmed for the MN APUG trip to Northern MN on September 7th.

Thomas Bertilsson
George Minerich
Me
Rlibersky

Still need confirmation from Mattk, Billschwab, Sjixxy, craigclu, unohuu and any others who have shown interest.

You probaly already know this, but I just wanted to be clear I'll only make it to Tobies on Friday morning. I would love to complete the trip with all of you. But have 2 weddings to go to that weekend.

Randy

Thomas Bertilsson
08-15-2007, 01:57 AM
However many can attend I'm sure it'll be a great time. The Lake Superior North Shore is just stunningly beautiful the time of year we're going.
Waiting for fall colors is probably not going to bring much due to the draught we've suffered.
I really hope more folks can attend, though. It's always nice to put faces with names, if only to chat and meet others with the same interest.
Hopefully we can make this a yearly tradition, much like the Michigan get-together. Once we have a good feel for how reservations must be done and logistics perhaps the arrangements can be a bit less stressful. It is a very busy part of the country in the fall due to the beauty of the region, so it takes a lot of planning and commitment far ahead of time to make it happen.
I really hope that next year there can be more people coming along.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and thank Andy for all of his effort in trying to pull this together despite a very busy schedule.

- Thomas

unohuu
08-19-2007, 09:03 PM
may have a change of plans. my son opted for football instead of soccer so I have to wait and see what the play schedule is. sounds like a great trip planned so far.

Thomas Bertilsson
08-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Starting to creep up on us now, isn't it?! Wow, I'm so excited to go. I've started planning what to bring, etc. Torn between new 4x5 or old MF. Choices, choices...
- Thomas

Andrew Moxom
08-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Thomas, I am really looking forward to this trip as well. I need the time away to be honest! The good thing is...We have plenty of room, so bring ALL of it. MF, and LF. That's what I am doing. I am also hoping to get a 50mm for the Blad prior to the trip if I can swing it. I will also bring my Harrison pup tent for darkslide refilling if we need it. Also, with your camera using linhoff type boards, we have plenty of lenses to go around as well! I'll bring my 75, 90, 150, and 210 :-)

Andrew Moxom
08-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Okay, final count so far is:-
Me
Thomas Bertilsson
George Minerich
Rlibersky for Friday only and returning to twin cities that night.

Still not confirmed due to unknown schedules:-
Unohuu
Mattk
Sjixxy
craigclu
Markos

We need a FIRM headcount on the unconfirmed attendees ASAP so that we know who to expect and who to wait for, or not. So, as a general courtesy, please help me out by letting me know one way or the other whether you are planning on attending or not so that no one is left behind, and so that we can plan accordingly. We went from a thriving list of participants with a decent place to camp and stay to a very short list of attendees where only the committed folks are bellied up to the table.

markos
08-28-2007, 11:34 AM
I will not be able to make it to this one, it turns out. I hope you all have a great time.

-Mark

Andrew Moxom
08-31-2007, 12:15 AM
Okay, we have one week to go and I've yet to hear form some folks even though they've been PM'd.
Here is the list so far now:-

Me
Thomas Bertilsson
George Minerich
Rlibersky for Friday only and returning to twin cities that night.

Mattk
Sjixxy
craigclu - was looking at booking at Lambs Resort as his plans had changed again and could still go. I've still not heard either way if he made a reservation.

If I do not hear from the last three by next Tuesday, we will make our own plans, and you are on your own. Sorry to be curt and to the point, but it is not like this has not been planned now for some time. It is time to walk the talk. It's yes I'm in, or no I'm not, simple as that.

Thomas Bertilsson
09-05-2007, 10:36 AM
No turning back now... :) Two days, and counting...
I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!
Honestly, it's the first ever trip I've taken just to be a photographer. It'll be a lot of 'getting my crap together' and not worry about being in the mood or not.
I sincerely hope we can make this an annual event, although as George has suggested earlier, perhaps book it slightly later in the year, mostly for the color shooters. I guess it rests on our shoulders to prove it worthwhile...
Friday morning cannot come soon enough.
- Thomas

rorye
09-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Happy shooting guys, have a great time!

Jerry Basierbe
09-05-2007, 11:36 AM
I hope it goes as good for you guys as it did for us on the Northern Michigan outings.

Jerry

Andrew Moxom
09-05-2007, 12:02 PM
I think it will. Just being by the side of the lake is biggest part of the adventure. Camping, good people, good photo opportunities, and good food, and not being at work for our regular jobs will be the fuel we need to get creative. I too hope this can become an annual event. We started out with tons of interest, then reality set in, and a lot of folks just 'disappeared' off the list for whatever reason. So it's just 3 of us, but it will be heaps of fun

bill schwab
09-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I too hope this can become an annual event. Me too. I'd like to make it up there. I was in northern Michigan the past several weeks and was tempted to pass on my other obligations and join you after all. Mapquest said only another 4 hundred miles... next year for sure.

Have a great time you guys!

Bill

Thomas Bertilsson
09-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Ah, come on Bill, what's another 400 miles... :) Think I'll try to make it to MI next year too. It's the only thing dead solid booked in next year's calendar.
- Thomas

bill schwab
09-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Ah, come on Bill, what's another 400 miles... :) You don't know how tempted I am!

gminerich
09-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Its only gas money Bill. You can have my bunk if you want it. I hope to get a winter trip together for the North Shore this winter -- I don't know if Andy and Thomas are up to it though.

Thomas Bertilsson
09-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey George, maybe next year... I have never been afraid of the cold, in fact I like it. But this year I've got too much crap in my calendar. It's a good idea.
- Thomas

bill schwab
09-05-2007, 11:36 PM
I hope to get a winter trip together for the North Shore this winter I'm planning to meet David Eisenlord there for a winter excursion this year. No dates set yet... will wait on the weather. Perhaps it will be into early next year when the ice builds.

Thanks George! It is more time than the $. I have to be back by Tuesday and it is 750 miles from Detroit. In my younger days it would be nothing! You never know though. I just may show-up. :)

Andrew Moxom
09-05-2007, 11:54 PM
I'd be up for a winter excursion, but it would be a battle I'd have to pick at home.... You know with bow hunting, gun season for whitetail in MN, and WI, Africa next year, it might be a tough one to get by. If we start planning now, I think I can make it work.