PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota North Shore APUG Trip

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Thomas Bertilsson
09-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Well, just returned from the trip to America's North Shore, I feel relaxed, inspired, and very happy about it. It was a great time up there. We spent morning and evening on the lake shore, and explored places like the Temperance River, Cross River, Gooseberry Falls during the days. I am 100% satisfied, and am going next year again unless my roof caves in or something.
Thank you Andy, and thank you George for an unforgettable time.
- Thomas

Andrew Moxom
09-10-2007, 11:44 AM
You're welcome Thomas. It was fun to share the whole experience up there with you both. It's something that has to happen again! There was an opportunity for total immersion in the photographic process with no worries about 'other' committments. I am definitely up for it again next year, and to meet Bill and Deisenlord during their winter excursion.

For next year though, it has to be a longer time that we go for if that's possible? Next time, I would say we leave on a Wednesday at midday. That's enough time to get there and set up camp and explore some shots for that evening, then we'd have Thurs, Fri, Sat as whole days to work with, then make a slow drive back like we did this year on Sunday.

deisenlord
09-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Sounds like a great trip, I wish I could have made it. Bill and I have been talking about going this winter, maybe feb'is. I'm hoping to time it for a cold spell, the lake gets really atmospheric when its below zero. We haven't had good ice on the lake since 2003. We can keep you posted if there's interest.

PS. I have a b&w show opening the 22nd of this month at Icebox, about half the images from Lake Superior the rest of Iceland and other coastal locations.
Love to meet some of you guys if you could make the opening; 8-midnight on the 22nd.
www.iceboxminnesota.com
Ike

Thomas Bertilsson
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi Ike,
I'll see what I can swing in February with work and school and family life and everything. Probably not realistic. Please do keep us posted though. It'd be great to get together some time. If I can't make it, June next year for the Michigan gathering is in solid green on my calendar. No backing out of that one.
In regards to your opening I wish I could make it. I'll be out on the Minnesota prairie land that weekend on another photo geekspedition. It only says what day is the opening night on the Icebox web site, it does not say how long it's up for. You may want to have them look into that, plus I'd like to go see your show. Are you going to be in town for another night of your show? Perhaps we could hook up a little later. Be fun to say hi and admire your work together... :)
- Thomas

deisenlord
09-10-2007, 01:11 PM
The show runs though Dec 22nd, I plan on trying to be their most Thursday nights. Otherwise just shoot me a PM and I can meet you their, it would be great. Have fun in the prairie, I just spent a weekend in South Dakota photographing a month or so a go, I defintely need to revisit as it was really worth while. Big sky, oceans of wheat, just great. Bill's gathering in Michigan is really fantastic, I left very inspired.
Ike

gminerich
09-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi Guys:

I had a great time! I hope we can put a winter trip together.

regards

George