PDA

View Full Version : Paying online without paypal?

steven_e007
06-18-2007, 03:02 AM
There was talk a few weeks back of a possible credit card method of payment and I've been waiting for this to arrive.

However, Its been a while and I really do need to pay my subscribtion... :o

Is there any news on non paypal methods of payment, or should I just go for the 'cheque in the post' method?

If so, since I am in the uk, what would I write on the cheque? :confused:

(I know the name and address to use, but I'm not sure about the currency problem, since my cheques are obviously pre-printed for UK pounds...)

Thanks

Steve

Sean
06-18-2007, 06:26 AM
There was talk a few weeks back of a possible credit card method of payment and I've been waiting for this to arrive.

However, Its been a while and I really do need to pay my subscribtion... :o

Is there any news on non paypal methods of payment, or should I just go for the 'cheque in the post' method?

If so, since I am in the uk, what would I write on the cheque? :confused:

(I know the name and address to use, but I'm not sure about the currency problem, since my cheques are obviously pre-printed for UK pounds...)

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve, I'm still working on the shopping cart. However if you go through as if you are paying via paypal you will see a link on the paypal page for non-paypal members. You can then use any major credit card without having to be a paypal member. Hope that helps, if not let me know.

Thanks,
Sean

steven_e007
06-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Hi Sean,

I had my usual problem. "This credit card is associated with a pay-pal account - please log in to your paypal account" - but it is an old account for which I cannot recall the password and that has an email address I had to abandon due to spam, so stalemate.

This really drives me nuts about paypal!!!

But, I managed to borrow another credit card so I got there in the end. :)

Steve

GeoffHill
06-22-2007, 05:09 AM
I had a similar problem with paypal.

I emailed them, and asked to completely close my account, (account was assciated with an email from an old job) and then waited a few weeks, and re-opened a new account

bjorke
06-24-2007, 03:40 AM
paybycash.com is a possible solution....

I was just having a conversation about this a few days ago with the CEO of GoPets, an online game company. Competitor Nexon is now selling prepaid cards at Target. GoPets has suggested using 7-11 as a venue for somilar cards. The idea is common overseas and would work, in the US, very similarly to iTubes gift cards. Basically, it becomes a sort of pre-paid paypla/visa card. Go into the store, buy the card, the cashier activates it at the time of purchase, copy the reg# into Paypal or whaever the spoonsor website, and they send the money to Sean. Simple and relatively fast.