PDA

View Full Version : Who Has A Darkroom? SLC

mtbbrian
06-25-2007, 11:31 AM
I am working up plans for a darkroom in my home and would like to see a few darkrooms for ideas and all that.
I have spoken to a few of you here, but I was wondering who else has a darkroom I could see?
I am in WVC.
Thanks!
Brian

jovo
06-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Have you checked the "Darkroom Portraits" thread here on apug? Lots of pictures, descriptions, explanations, plans and such...and a photograph or two of nearly every one. The thread is a "sticky" in the Darkroom Equipment forum.

climbabout
06-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I'll second that - the darkroom portraits thread will show you every conceivable layout with lots of creative ideas.
Tim

Robert Hall
06-25-2007, 02:13 PM
You are still welcome to come down to Lehi, Brian

mtbbrian
06-25-2007, 02:31 PM
I have checked the portraits thread, good stuff.
I just want to see it in person though.
Yes! Robert I am still very interested in seeing your grand darkroom.
Mine will pale in comparison, but I am sure I will get an idea or two from seeing yours.
I will contact you again soon about seeing it.
Brian

Monophoto
06-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Brian -

Home darkrooms are great, but in terms of getting creating ideas that make a home darkroom more comfortable/useable/efficient/etc, looking at larger facilities might be worthwhile.

You might check out the Waterford School in Sandy - they have a very extensive photography program and I would expect that their darkrooms might generate some ideas.

Robert Hall
06-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Good point, they are large, but I have seen all the public/academic darkrooms in the valley here and none really have a great work flow due to student considerations.

And as they say, "Hacks imitate, great artists steal outright" I have taken some fantastic ideas from the darkroom thread. :)

JBrunner
09-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Hey Brian,

I'm a little late to this thread, so I don't know if you've started. You have been in mine before, but you are more than welcome to visit again, with an eye to your new design.

mtbbrian
09-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Hey Brian,

I'm a little late to this thread, so I don't know if you've started. You have been in mine before, but you are more than welcome to visit again, with an eye to your new design.

Jason,
Yes, I'd like to see it again.
I am no where closer now, than when I started this thread, so I am still in the idea stage.
Thanks!
Brian

JBrunner
02-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Jason,
Yes, I'd like to see it again.
I am no where closer now, than when I started this thread, so I am still in the idea stage.
Thanks!
Brian

Brian,

I have a nice sink for you.....