PDA

View Full Version : Group Print Exchange Round 9 - Groups

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

ScottH
07-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Hywell,

Just received your print, sent you a pm as well. Very nice, great choice of paper / toner for the subject(s). Hoping to get my prints finished this weekend, otherwise I'll be pushing against the deadline due to travel in the coming weeks.

Black Dog
07-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Art, did I definitely PM you my address?IIRC I did t'other week.:)

gr82bart
07-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Art, did I definitely PM you my address?IIRC I did t'other week.:)LOL, I think what we have here is a delay of sorts .... no worries. Got it. Prints will be in the mail tomorrow to all.

Regards, Art. :D

mikeg
07-21-2007, 12:04 PM
I posted mine this morning to Group 1

Mike

colrehogan
07-24-2007, 07:18 AM
I have PM'ed everyone in my group, but the prints are still weeks away.

I do hope to have my prints out by the end of August.

sly
08-04-2007, 01:12 AM
I recieved a lovely print from Dianna and got my prints for group 8 into the mail yesterday. Sly

Black Dog
08-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Carl-got your print a few days back-very moody and atmospheric,reminiscent of turn of the century 'Camerwork' stuff,like Steichen and Coburn:):).Thanks!

Jorge Orte Tudela
08-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I received Mike's wonderful print a week ago.

I'll try to send mines this week, but the weather in Spain is very very hot these days and is hard to deal with chemicals temperature (but is great for E-6!). And the next week I'll be out of Spain, so maybe I'll have to send them by the end of august.

Dwane
08-09-2007, 04:06 PM
I just receive a great print from bdial today. It's a print of a door of an abandonded farm house, with peeling and blistering paint. On the door someone has attached a new sign that says "PRIVATE". The door itself, with the peeling paint and textures and contrasts, makes for an interesting subject, but the sign raises this image to a much higher level. I look at this print, and I wonder why would someone even bother to put this sign on this door? What's behind the door?? The sign adds a human element to the picture, and thus changes the whole tone of the print. Good seeing on your part, Barry. This is one of those images that are so easy to see, and so easy to miss. I'm glad you caught it, and that you shared this image with me. Thanks ...

Dwane

Kobin
08-09-2007, 10:08 PM
bdial's print also found its way to my house today. Very nice. Like the tones and details all across the continuum.

I hope to have my prints done before next week if the photogods smile.

K.

argus
08-13-2007, 05:44 PM
An update and big promise to the people in my group.

I have just finished moving my darkroom to a dedicated space on floor-level.
I give the dust a week to settle down and then I will start printing again (after almost 2 months pause).
Prints will be sent by the end of the month.

G

gr82bart
08-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Well, I printed my prints last night and now am in the midst of trying to package everything up to send it out today.

Regards, Art.

MattKing
08-19-2007, 11:38 PM
My prints finally went into the mail yesterday. Hope they get to you without delay or incident.

Matt

Kobin
08-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Prints in envelope and ready to mail. Wife says she'll do that tommorrow.

K.

sly
08-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Well, I sent out my prints to group 8 over 2 weeks ago. They all stayed in North America, so should have been recieved some while ago. I haven't heard anything which means they are either so embarrassingly bad that nobody can think of anything polite to say, or so incredibly good that you all had heart attacks brought on by envy.
I've recieved one print (thanks again Diana). Awaiting the others, and a confirmation of receipt from anybody. Sly

Valerie
08-21-2007, 03:23 PM
I received your lovely print, and Dianna's, sly. Been out of town so much lately that I've not taken the time to express gratitude for those prints.

Mine are in the works--I have some new negs and having a hard time with making decisions which to print for the group.

Valerie

Ole
08-21-2007, 04:55 PM
I've just been informed that what I was told was supposed to be a one-week trip may have turned into a three-week trip!

Which means that I won't get home before September 4th. :(

Or they could decide to compromise on two weeks, IF the client can find another geologist. Which is bloody unlikely - if they could, then I wouldn't have been here in the first place.

I shouldn't really be complaining about earning an indecent amount of money before I've really got started in the job, but work suddenly destroued all my plans for next week!

Have patience - the prints WILL arrive, and I hope the wait will be worth it.

sly
08-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the confirmation Valerie, I look forward to seeing your print. Sly

argus
08-21-2007, 06:10 PM
My new darkroom is now really finished and the negative has been selected. I will start making the prints during next week and my group may expect the prints in september.

Greetings,
G

Removed Account
08-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Still trying to find a neg worthy of printing for my APUG fellows, but I have up to 10 more days to print + mail, and a bunch of developing to do tonight!

Oh, and no problems with a bit of a delay, Ole. As someone, somewhere once printed on a bumper sticker: "S&*t happens."

- Justin