PDA

View Full Version : Group Print Exchange Round 9 - Groups

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Rlibersky
08-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Mine went out on Monday.

Received a nice print from Patrick James. My wife loves water and Sky. One of her favorites.

Randy

Dwane
08-24-2007, 10:44 AM
I received a great landscape print from Kobin today. You can tell that it was a hot and hazy day when the picture was taken. You can almost smell the ozone in the air just by looking at the print :). Great composition with the placement of the trees and the river. The lith printing adds just the right tone to the print. I wish my landscapes were this good!

Dwane

Ole
08-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh, and no problems with a bit of a delay, Ole. As someone, somewhere once printed on a bumper sticker: "S&*t happens."

Thanks Justin.

But it isn't really "Sh*t" - this is my first trip offshore in my new job, and it started before I was officially ready. The client was sceptical, but desperate. This morning I was told that the client was very satisfied with my service, and would like me to stay an extra week. That means we (my employers/coordinators) are likely to get more work for this client, and I am likely to get more work for this client, and if they are happy with me - then I can work for anyone.

Add to that a $160 hourly rate, 12 hours per day...

At least I can afford a pack of good paper when I get home. :)

Kobin
08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I received a great landscape print from Kobin today. You can tell that it was a hot and hazy day when the picture was taken. You can almost smell the ozone in the air just by looking at the print :). Great composition with the placement of the trees and the river. The lith printing adds just the right tone to the print. I wish my landscapes were this good!

Dwane

You are too kind, but thank you. I wish I could get the tonalities you demonstrated with your manikin portrait.

K.

jstraw
08-25-2007, 03:55 PM
My prints are done and will go out Monday.

Rlibersky
08-27-2007, 09:33 PM
I hope my prints got to everyone.

BirgerA
08-29-2007, 09:24 AM
I've been caught up in life and work and other dull things.

Planning to get the prints out over the weekend.

Regards

Birger A.

colrehogan
08-29-2007, 10:36 AM
I received a nice print from Charles last week. I hope to get to making prints by this weekend.

Jorge Orte Tudela
08-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Mines are done and will go out tomorrow.

rst
08-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Phew, my prints went into the mail today. A bit late, I know. I hope everyone in my group likes it.

So far I received a beautiful sepia toned print from Matthijs. Very nice.

ciao
-- Ruediger

jstraw
08-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Mine went today as well. I really liked Matthijs print.

Removed Account
08-31-2007, 04:45 AM
Well, disaster has struck! After an hour and a half of making trial and work prints (with some dillydallying in between) I begin the first of my "good" prints to send out. 7 bursts of 3 second exposures is my goal. Six go by, dodging according to plan, then on the 7th burst... BZZT. Enlarger bulb burns out. :mad: The timing on it was too perfect for me to be upset, it was almost comical that I was excited to see how my first good print would turn out, then just as I was turning my thoughts to processing, there she goes. :rolleyes: Anyone know where I can find a General Electric #212 150W enlarger bulb in Nanaimo, on short notice? I can see tomorrow will be spent hunting hardware stores for a suitable temp bulb. Hopefully everyone else has avoided any unavoidable mishaps!

Good night, and good luck,

- Justin

Travis Nunn
08-31-2007, 07:14 AM
OK, the deadline for sending prints is today. If for whatever reason you won't be able to send your prints out today, please either post a message here to your group members or send them a PM letting them know you'll be a little late.

Jorge Orte Tudela
08-31-2007, 10:21 AM
Prints mailed!

Ole
08-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Home at last!

That "short trip" took 18 days. But now at last I can start printing.

Found a wonderful print by Mark Mombarg waiting for me, too! :)

Valerie
08-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Finishing up my prints today, Group 8. They should be in the mail Tuesday latest.

bsignorelli
08-31-2007, 05:14 PM
My prints went out today for "Round 9 - Group 6" ... I have received two prints from the group but never have them with me when i'm on the computer so i can comment on them (but both looked nice).

Bryan

colrehogan
09-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I am planning to make my prints this weekend. Hope to get them sent out next week.

gr82bart
09-01-2007, 06:29 PM
OK folks of my group! I made it to the post office today and the prints are on their way. I may be late not a deadbeat!

Thanks for your patience.

Regards, Art.

pedropolis
09-01-2007, 09:18 PM
hey folks

I was at the darkroom today, the prints are drying! provided I'm still happy with them when I collect them tomorrow I'll be mounting and posting this week.
Sorry for the delay!

pete