PDA

View Full Version : Group Print Exchange Round 9 - Groups

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

rmartin
09-03-2007, 05:29 PM
I finally settled on a print. I will get mine out on Tuesday or Wednesday.

(assuming it only takes me 1-2 days to flatten the #@$^%#@$% FB paper ;-) )

colrehogan
09-04-2007, 06:34 AM
I am planning to make my prints this weekend. Hope to get them sent out next week.

Well that didn't happen. Will post here when they are going to the post office.

keithwms
09-07-2007, 11:06 AM
I have received prints from Michael Newman, Rüdiger Stobbe, and Matthijs Noome, and they all look great. I hope everyone gets my stuff soon.

mjs
09-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Mine went out today to Group 3. They went by First Class mail (airmail to Canada and Belgium.) I hope they arrive safely!

mjs

Travis Nunn
09-07-2007, 08:21 PM
A very nice Polaroid print of a tree arrived today from Art. Love the depth of field on this, the out of focus area really blends nicely.

BirgerA
09-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Handed my prints over to the post office today, hope they will be efficient in getting the prints ot to you.

I realised that I have not acknowledged receiving Jonathans (Light leak) print earlier this summer. I really liked it.

Regards

Birger A.

rmartin
09-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Group 1 pictures sent ... finally.

Removed Account
09-09-2007, 10:47 PM
I will be picking up my new enlarger bulb tomorrow, and will have the prints sent by Friday!

mikeg
09-10-2007, 06:10 AM
Prints mailed!

Many thanks for your very nice print of a graveyard. There was no information with the print. Could you give me some details about it?

Cheers

Mike

MattKing
09-10-2007, 06:50 AM
I have been remiss...

I realize that I haven't posted to express my appreciation for the prints I received from hywel and ScottH.

hywel's print is a warm and very exotic looking image from Kuala Lumpur. The subjects have water showering down upon them, but you get the sense that they would be at least humid even if there were no showers. The sepia toning suits it very well.

ScottH's shot of the lake bed of Lake Nottely is a very intriguing contrast to hywel's. The scene is very dry - parched in fact and the infrared effect is outer worldly. The toning with Kodak Brown toner really contributes as well.

Thanks guys

Matt

vet173
09-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I received a print today from Mark Mombarg. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement. Subject and execution were attention grabbing. I think I am going to have to do some experimenting with the catechol as a paper developer, as it produces tone gradation smoother than a baby's butt, but still enough contrast for some bite. I know I'm getting the better end of this exchange.
Thanks Mark,
John Berry (vet173)

vet173
09-10-2007, 08:20 PM
I forgot to add, that my prints are done and will be mailed tomorrow.

Matthijs
09-14-2007, 09:55 AM
I've received all prints in my group.

Rüdiger (rst) sent a really nice lith print from a cathedral clock. From Micheal (jstraw) I got a selenium toned print made with a Holga which was quite atmospheric. Keith (keithwms) sent two prints, one work in progress (although I'd be pretty happy with it already!), a selenium toned macro of a moon flower and a well-done portrait inspired by a classical statue.

I really liked this round and will definitely participate in the next one!

keithwms
09-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Bedankt Matthijs!

I also enjoyed the group 9 prints from Matthijs, Michael and Rüdiger. Everything arrived in good condition. As I mentioned privately to the group, each person sent something really new to me, and the subjects were all very well presented. They got me inspired to try pyrocat and also lith printing (oh great, now I have to buy more chems, my darkroom is already a full-service apothecary)...

I haven't heard from everyone yet but as far as I know, group 9 is complete.

colrehogan
09-17-2007, 11:59 AM
I am such a slug this round. I apologize for not getting my prints to Group 12 yet. I hope to get them made this week.

light leak
09-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Received a print of bubble patterns frozen into the ice from BirgerA. It's really neat. Sort of like texture on texture on texture. I find myself wanting to press my nose against the print with my hands cupped around my eyes to get a deeper look into the ice. Very nice Birger. Thank you.

Jonathan

colrehogan
09-18-2007, 08:56 PM
My prints are drying as I type. :D

Jorge Orte Tudela
09-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Yesterday I received a very nice print from rmartin's!

mikeg
09-19-2007, 01:54 PM
I've also received rmartins really nice print of a bridge at the College of William and Mary in America. Many thanks Rob.

Just waiting for 1 more in group 1.

Cheers

Mike

colrehogan
09-20-2007, 12:26 PM
I plan to send my prints out in the next few days.