PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 11 - Results and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

BWKate
09-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Finally mine are all done and posted!

I have received about 24 cards and sent out 30. I haven't mentioned some of the great cards I have received lately but I will now. Sorry if I missed you in my comments.
Lately I received Bastiaan'swonderfully funny card of a person bending down to clean or pick something up. I love how you always capture these very human and funny moments. I absolutely loveBlackmelas' postcard of a glass plate negative from 1898! The print quality was great and I love the image! Something about archaeology just captures my attention. I also enjoyed RuedigerandIngo's postcards of the glass memorial. And of course Art's instant print of the Toronto skyline was so much fun. I did love the clean and simple lines of Jstraws beach scene and BirgerA's elegant frost coated plant.
Sorry if I didn't mention everyone, been a little brain dead and too busy making prints for local art shows that I get rejected for!

BWKate
09-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Just received Sean Scoggin's postcard. It's a beautifully printed and toned image of a tobbacco field in North Carolina. Thanks, it's great!
It got torn though, just a corner of it.

highpeak
09-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Got two beautiful postcards today, they are from Pete H. and gordrob?

Alex W.

Doug Smith
09-19-2007, 08:01 PM
I've received three lovely postcards this week- Sean Scoggins sepia tobbacco field, Pete H's dramatic Tinturn Abbey and BW Kate's evocative Canadian breakwater. My congratulations to Kate also on her article in B&W. I found both your pictures and story very moving.

Buster6X6
09-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Two more cards arrived today. Thanks to Sean Scoggins I got an early summer tobacco field, beautifully toned, and gordrob's very nice image on infrared film which I should try to do very soon, thanks for a reminder.

Cheers Greg

BWKate
09-21-2007, 08:41 PM
I've received three lovely postcards this week- Sean Scoggins sepia tobbacco field, Pete H's dramatic Tinturn Abbey and BW Kate's evocative Canadian breakwater. My congratulations to Kate also on her article in B&W. I found both your pictures and story very moving.

Thank you Doug!

I just received my very own copy fron England. It's cool because there is nothing on the cover except the cover photo of Terence Stamp from the 60's. I'm over the moon and impressed with how B&W didn't crop any of the photos and the article was practically word for word. Now if I could only get paid??? I know it takes time so no big woop.

Just received Pete H'spostcard : Wow what a great place to photograph! The light is incredible and the tones so delicate. I love my Contax too, but I don't have a G2 just my trusty old 139 Quartz.

Valerie
09-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Dear Fellow Exchangers,
My first postcard exchange has been utterly delightful!! I have loved each and every image recieved...

bmccarthy, tim bowles, brian chambers, alex, gordrob, peter schrager, hal9000, blackmelas, Brian Jeffery, Mike Wilde, Rob Martin, Mark Fisher, Pepmiro, Ruediger, BWKate, diwolf, Barry Dial, Mikeg, ingobohn, pedropolis, erikg, and MattKing.

I signed up for 20 and ended up with 22...what a great deal!!

gr82bart
09-29-2007, 06:03 AM
I received two more this past week or so:

One from PeteH of the insides of an open cathedral.
Another was a beautiful infrared gordrob - IR's have a special place for me. I love them!
I know there's more to be sent out people, so keep them coming.

Regards, Art.

kraker
10-01-2007, 05:08 AM
Hi all,

Too bad I couldn't join this time.

I thought I'd check to see whether round 12 is already starting up. It's October, after all ;). Then again, I didn't really stay up-to-date, so maybe round 11 runs a bit longer because it started during the summer holidays?

P.S.: I didn't see a round 12 thread yet, so I'm posting here...

gr82bart
10-01-2007, 07:33 AM
I thought I'd check to see whether round 12 is already starting up.I'm not sure either when the next round is starting up, but I don't think this round is over yet. I'm still waiting for about 12 postcards (out of 44 sent). Not that I'm counting ;) .

This round started before the previous round ended as well, and I know I was short changed in that round too.

I suggest we wait until all (99% ?) of the postacrds are sent out.

Regards, Art.

kraker
10-01-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure either when the next round is starting up, but I don't think this round is over yet. I'm still waiting for about 12 postcards (out of 44 sent). Not that I'm counting ;) .

This round started before the previous round ended as well, and I know I was short changed in that round too.

I suggest we wait until all (99% ?) of the postacrds are sent out.

Regards, Art.

OK, thanks for the status update; just checking. I'll keep an eye out, then.

Well, then I'll first focus on something else... there's the Polaroid exchange to start working on :).

rst
10-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Well, I have not heard back from Randy yet about round 12. The plan was to have the sign up phase now and to print and send in November. That will give those who have not sent their cards yet another month. I propose to wait another few days and if I do not hear back from Randy I will jump in for this round and start the sign-up thread. Would this be OK?

ciao
-- Ruediger

blackmelas
10-02-2007, 01:53 AM
The schedule sounds good to me. Those that have time crunches elswhere in their lives have let us know that their cards will be coming. As for the others, we can't hold up our fun waiting for them to honor their commitments.
Best regards,
James

Mick Fagan
10-02-2007, 02:49 AM
Ruediger, I would suggest the same as James, we cannot wait for those who are unable to finish.

Whether or not there are holidays really doesn't gel with me, I cannot fathom how a 3 month period could stop one from finishing.

There are times when it is hard to fulfill your commitments, that is just the way it is.

I think it would be quite alright to start on another round, even if you cannot get confirmation from Randy. I'm sure he would understand.

Mick.

Peter Schrager
10-02-2007, 04:09 AM
whomever is going to run the next round please include me...my cards are ready to go. I did receive a whole bunch of cards but who's counting!!
Best, Peter

tim_walls
10-02-2007, 06:19 AM
I'm definitely in for the next round, getting slightly worried about the 'people not fulfilling their comittments' bit though.

I agreed to send 20 cards last time; I actually sent 21 (the extra one went to Tomas IIRC.)

BUT, I know for a fact I've received far more than 20 back, and it worries me that someone out there is expecting a card from me which, to be blunt, they ain't going to get.

Have some people got carried away and sent to every single name on the list-of-everyone they were sent, even though they were actually in a smaller group? As I recall, we got given two lists - one of everybody, and a second subset of just the names you should be posting to (and those are therefore the only people you should be expecting a card from.)

rst
10-02-2007, 07:09 AM
Have some people got carried away and sent to every single name on the list-of-everyone they were sent, even though they were actually in a smaller group? As I recall, we got given two lists - one of everybody, and a second subset of just the names you should be posting to (and those are therefore the only people you should be expecting a card from.)Ingo and I intentionally sent to all participants because the title for our cards spanned both cards and we had a different set on our list. But I think you are right, people mixed up the list in the email text with the full list of participants in the attached Excel file. So for the next round I have three options, one is to provide no Excel file at all, or I have to assemble special Excel files for every participant or to continue with the confusion.

ciao
-- Ruediger

gr82bart
10-02-2007, 07:59 AM
I think the folks that signed up for smaller quantities definitely got the better end of the deal than those of us that agreed to send out the max. Kind of like a welfare state - the rich making up for the poor, that sort of thing. :o

Regardless, whenever the next round starts, I'm in again. For the max too - I have a flawed naive faith in us humans following through. :D

Regards, Art.

Peter Schrager
10-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Art-did you realize all your cards ended up in my mailbox!! I secretly paid off the mailman!!
Peter

gr82bart
10-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Art-did you realize all your cards ended up in my mailbox!! I secretly paid off the mailman!!:D So you're the culprit! Pass them the neighbours down the street, you dog!

Regards, Art.