PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 11 - Results and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

FM2N
10-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Hello All,
I would love to be included in the next round of this exchange. Please keep me posted.
Arthur, NYC

Lynda
10-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi, all I have really enjoyed the postcards in round 11. School has started and I
am thinking my cards are the last to be mailed. I'm sorry this has taken so long, but you'll get them!
Lynda

rst
10-03-2007, 03:45 AM
OK, I started the sign up for round 12, it is not sticky yet, so just a pointer to it here: Round 12 sign up (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/43127-postcard-exchange-round-12-sign-up.html). The bazaar is now open.

ciao
-- Ruediger

Buster6X6
10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Today I received another interesting post card from Allan Friday"On the Tee" is an interesting view of game of golf. Well done. I think I am few cards short of the the 47 I have send, but never the less it was worth while.
Very good round with many new faces. I hope round 12 will be even more interesting. :D

Cheers Greg

Black Dog
10-05-2007, 02:07 AM
More cards arriving...:):)

Strawberry by Gordrob-a warm and dreamlike image
Tobacco Field by sean Scoggins-interesting story and mix of warm/cold tones;looks both old and contemporary at once
Spring Cleaning by bastiaan-witty as always, and love the way the windows look like eyes
Fisheye beachscape by SoSmall-a surreal and offbeatly enigmatic selfportrait with subtle colours and one small but crucial splash of red
Cabo san Lucas by Michael Newman-a punchily graphic and painterly beach abstract
Shadow by matti- dreamlike (helped by the vintage lens)and reminds me of turn of the century 'camerawork' images with its narrow focus-superb
1898 excavation by Blackmelas-pure Indiana Jones as others have said;fascinating details
Thanks to all!

gr82bart
10-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Got Allen's "On the Tee" postcard. Reminded me I only hit the links 4 times this year! Not enough, not enough.

Regards, Art.

gr82bart
10-06-2007, 04:29 PM
One more postcard came today from Sean of a field of tobacco plants in North Carolina. I have fond memories of NC when I visited a town called Zebulon (I kid you not, look it up). Nice card. Thanks.

Regards, Art.

BWKate
10-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Received one more postcard today! Thanks to Lynda who is also a fan of Kodak Infrared! Great postcard Lynda. A surreal graveyard image from down the road from where you live!

sosmall1
12-01-2007, 10:07 PM
hi! i have a confession to make that i found a stack of postcards that did not make it into the mailbox---all of the ones heading to the US. i remembered only having stamps for Canada and international and tucked the US ones away when i moved---only to discover i'd forgotten the last stack just recently---so i hope everyone has received a card from me by now and if not just let me know and one can be on it's way soon!

happy december!

anne

KWhitmore
12-19-2007, 11:28 AM
I've been waiting for a bit so I'd have a whole bunch of cards.

Ruediger- Summer is over--That's a great first attempt at still life...nice deep tones.
Mick-house guest --I really like your high key look, great model and interesting pose.
Mark-Beijing--very interesting scene, mysterious...even for this vegetarian ;)
Allen- Bronze Casting--I'm completely amazed by the tonality of the 3200, smooth and beautiful!
Birger-mirrors--wonderful and abstract, are you in the photo somewhere?
Jon- mission San Jose--absolutely beautiful, the details on the door are superb.
Pete- skaters--your timing was flawless and the hat...the hat! Super cool!
Adam- The Cyclone--nice lines and curves in this, the fire hydrant and the post look like spectators waiting for something to happen.
Dianna-little girl--a lovely timeless image, soft and flowing.

Thank you to everyone who sent a card. This was a great exchange.

Kathy

BWKate
12-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Hi Kathy,
We are actually in Round #12 which I'm in as well. I have most of these postcards you are describing and they are definitely round#12. It gets confusing with so many rounds, eh!

gr82bart
11-12-2008, 05:31 AM
So I received a wonderful surprise and that's Samad's postcard from Singapore! Thanks.

Regards, Art.