PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 11 - Results and Feedback

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Dietmar Wolf
07-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Hi. I printed until now. I did something, I never did before.

I will send the surprise beginning of next week.

Jon King
07-13-2007, 09:05 PM
I've printed my cards (2 different photos), and I recall that in the sign up thread someone mentioned that some people send one to Sean and Simon from Ilford as a thanks. I'd like to do that, but I need their addresses. If someone could pm or email the addresses, I'd like to send them a card too.

gr82bart
07-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Hi Jon,

Simon's addy is:

Simon Galley
HARMAN technology Limited,
Town Lane,
Mobberley, Knutsford,
CHESHIRE, WA16 7JL
UNITED KINGDOM

And Sean's addy can be found here at the bottom:

http://www.apug.org/forums/donate.php

Regards, Art.

BWKate
07-14-2007, 12:59 AM
Got Art's awesome card today! Pretty cool. It turned very well Art.

Also received Jake Williams card (Black Dog). Lovely scenic image of some incredible Scottish? mountains? Where did you take that photo, Jake?
Are you in Normandy for the summer? Thanks for your kind comment.

I haven't picked out my image yet but I definitely want to go bigger. Also I'm hoarding my postcard paper right now as I'm not sure I can get it anymore from my local shop.

Black Dog
07-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Kate- I was in the Cuilins on Skye, and took the picture from near the top of the Great Stone Chute on Sgurr Alasdair (highest mountain on the island) looking across Coire Lagan towards the An Stac screes (tough on the knees). At the mo I'm in Melrose till the end of October.BTW, your local shop should be able to get the Ilford PC paper for you as it's definitely still being made. ATB!

BWKate
07-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Jake,
It's not that they can't get it, it's just they don't want to carry it anymore even though it sells out as soon as they get it in stock.
So send the postcards to Scotland and not to your parents place in Normandy?

hal9000
07-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I printed my cards yesterday and sent them out today, I hope they all arrive safely and that you enjoy them! I look forward to receiving 25 surprises!
Hal

Jon King
07-14-2007, 08:54 PM
I printed my cards this week and sent them out today. So far cards from Mike Wilde, Dianna, and Black Dog - 3 great ones, I'm looking forward to many more!

Jonathan King (the real Sparticus according to Black Dog :cool: )

Black Dog
07-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Jake,
It's not that they can't get it, it's just they don't want to carry it anymore even though it sells out as soon as they get it in stock.

Kate-yes, use the address in Melrose on the latest list. Shame about the PC paper-maybe you can mail order it? And I'd certainly let Simon Galley know about this as well;hopefully he can sort it out.

sosmall1
07-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Jake,

i saw 2 pKs of postcard ilford paper at lens and shutter in victoria last week!

c u when i get bk to bc!

anne

BWKate
07-16-2007, 01:11 AM
Thanks Anne,

Someone at L&S is telling me stories.

tim_walls
07-16-2007, 05:48 AM
Got my first card from Black Dog - lovely print :-)

I think I've settled on the negative - although still got a few more rolls to develop from my holiday so there could be a last minute substitution - hopefully going to get head down to the enlarger this week!

It's very exciting :-).

Dietmar Wolf
07-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Sent.

I hope I made not a big disorder while adressing.
Never in my life wrote to USA or Singapore ;-)

I had really fun, hope you enjoy my cards.

Best regards, Dietmar

Doug Smith
07-16-2007, 06:03 PM
My cards are in the hands of the post office. Fingers are crossed. Got a lovely print from Jon King today. I decided to have a 'theme' so I chose 5 pictures from a book project I am doing. All were taken with vintage cameras- a Kodak Brownie 2A, Diana and Pho-Tak. Hope you enjoy them.

highpeak
07-16-2007, 11:24 PM
My postcards were out Friday, the printing was not easy for me this time. The baby is crying, wife is yelling and water is boiling.....

Anyway, this time is my biggest mail operation ever, total 39 cards and to 12 different countries:) Hope you guys like it.

Also, I received 4 cards already, they are from Art, Dianna, Jake and Mike Wilde. I love them all.

Alex W.

jstraw
07-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Got a really cool air show image yesterday.

Pete H
07-17-2007, 12:27 PM
3 new cards:

Thanks Art, for the Toronto skyline. Did you shoot 40 instant film shots? That's impressive, and it's nice to get something out of the ordinary.

Long Island airshow from Alex. I love the lone arm sticking up to toast the pilots.

Ice cream cone from hal9000. It looks as though it will melt in the sun at any moment.

Thanks all :)

Tim Gray
07-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Got Alex's (?) airshow image the other day. I really liked this one. Might be one of my favorites I've gotten in this round or the last. Not that I don't love them all :)

Dietmar Wolf
07-18-2007, 02:55 PM
I sent some more cards to friends of mine. They told me, that the post office ruined the front a little bit (no big deal but nevertheless) with their black postmark and then putting the cards together without drying.

I am sorry that I did not realised the problem either.

Buster6X6
07-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Very busy month for me. So ...cards started arriving before I was able to print mine. Well ...I'll do it this weekend.
So far I received 4 cards:
Black Dog Thanks Jake for" In A silent way" very interesting view of the mountain range.
Art again with unique presentation of a sky line in Toronto. Well done.
Thanks Dianna for a different approach and experimentation. Nice. I just wish mailman did not use rubber band to wrap mail and bend one side of the image to hell.:mad:
Very nice image fromJonathan King of Woodmont Orchards. Crisp image, I like it.
I am looking forward to more cards to arrive and I will send mine off next week.

Cheers Greg