PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 11 - Results and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

BWKate
07-21-2007, 02:45 AM
Spent the better part of an evening (til 3:00 a.m.) in the darkroom printing the postcards. Tried using some Kentmere FB paper but I think our safelight is not the right one for this paper. I didn't do a paper safelight test but I will when I have more time. I still have a sneaky suspicion that it is not safe.
Glad I picked two brand new images for this round! Decided to use my Ilford postcard paper instead of some untried FB.

MattKing
07-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Spent the better part of an evening (til 3:00 a.m.) in the darkroom printing the postcards. Tried using some Kentmere FB paper but I think our safelight is not the right one for this paper. I didn't do a paper safelight test but I will when I have more time. I still have a sneaky suspicion that it is not safe.
Glad I picked two brand new images for this round! Decided to use my Ilford postcard paper instead of some untried FB.

Kate:

For future reference, if you are not going to use the Ilford postcard paper, consider RC paper. It holds up well to the trials and tribulations of the postal system, and AVERY labels stick well to it (be sure to use as large a label as you are able).

Matt

P.S. 3:00 a.m. is different when you are in the darkroom, isn't it :)

Black Dog
07-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Kate-it may need a red safelight. Matt-you noticed it was 3am LOL?

mikeg
07-21-2007, 10:51 AM
I've posted mine today. Tried something different this round.

Cheers

Mike

gr82bart
07-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Hi Folks,

Last week, I got 5 postcards to begin this round.

AlexW's salute to an air show in vernacular style is great.
Doug's Pepsi Cola sign made me look twice as at first I though he printed the neg backwards, but the sign was shot from behind, so all is good in the world!
A very nicely printed flower still life from Tim.
I'd love to take a photo trip to the Orchard in Hollis, NH
What made Jesse look so serious, Mick? Yes, her ear rings are freaky.

Regards, Art.

jstraw
07-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Cards in from Mick Fagan, hal9000 and Doug Smith...looks like another great round underway,

Tim Gray
07-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Finished printing a couple of hours ago. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, they should go out tomorrow.

jgcull
07-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Edited to say, never mind. Just found what I was looking for...

Black Dog
07-23-2007, 07:12 AM
I've posted mine today. Tried something different this round.

Cheers

Mike

Recieved it today-thanks, very atmospheric. You might try Fomatone when the PWT runs out.

rst
07-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Phew, mine will go out tomorrow. Since we split the image title on our two images, and wanted to make sure, that everyone getting ones card will also get the otherones card, Ingo and I decided to send postcards to all participants. So do not be surprised to find my card in the mailbox, but I am not on your list. That happens intentionally ;)

I have received four cards so far, a big refreshment form Hal, a nice surprise from Art, a nice landscape from Jake and an image taken at an air show, great composition from ... well, I can not read the name.

Also I still look for people who want to send an extra card to Thomas Linow and thanks to everyone who already did so, I sent your addresses to Thomas. Oh, did I mention that I still look for people willing to send an extra card to Thomas?

ciao
-- Ruediger

Black Dog
07-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Rudiger, I sent my card to Thomas on friday.:)

tim_walls
07-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Well, I managed to print all my cards over the weekend - kinda weird for me doing 'production line' print; all my prints to date have been strictly limited editions of one :-).

Posted the first 4 today; the rest will trickle out over the week - I figure not posting them all at once means less chance of Royal Mail losing the whole lot.

Jake - I'm now thoroughly confused about where I should send your card; the address on my list is France, but I saw you mention a Scotland address too! If it's the Scotland address I should be sending to, can you PM it to me?

Ruediger - I have exactly one spare card! I can send this to Thomas if you're still looking for some more?

Black Dog
07-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Tim-it's the Scotland address on the latest list.

Peter Schrager
07-23-2007, 04:35 PM
I have an address but no name for someone living in Anchorage Alaska-can someone help me out?? otherwise all my cards are in the mail.
Best, Peter

Peter Schrager
07-23-2007, 04:43 PM
sorry-it's Anchorage Arkansas!! my faux pas....
Peter

MattKing
07-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Tim-it's the Scotland address on the latest list.

I must not have received the "latest" list, because I only have the address in Normandy:confused: .

I've PM'd Jake directly, but...

Matt

rst
07-24-2007, 12:00 AM
sorry-it's Anchorage Arkansas!! my faux pas....
PeterHi Peter,
that is the address of the Jonathan King not being part of this exchange, I sent the address of the right Jonathan King by email or PM earlier this month.

ciao
-- Ruediger

rst
07-24-2007, 12:07 AM
I must not have received the "latest" list, because I only have the address in Normandy:confused: .

I've PM'd Jake directly, but...

MattEven worse, I have not sent a list with the address in Scotland as I only got the Normandy address from Randy. :confused:

Jake, if you PM your Scotland address to me I will distribute it to the participants via email.

ciao
-- Ruediger

ingobohn
07-24-2007, 12:37 AM
All cards sent out yesterday evening. :)

rst
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM
The next four cards arrived. Thanks to Mike for a beautiful Lith print, Jonathan for the old barn in Woodmont Orchards, Doug Smith for a nice high key sundial and Ingo for the opposite side of my card.

My cards are in the mail and should arrive soon in your mailbox.

ciao
-- Ruediger