PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 11 - Results and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

bmccarthy007
08-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Ingo,

I was thinking the same thing - I've never had any trouble receiving your cards before. Hopefully it is just delayed in transit somewhere and not lost for good.

Brian

pedropolis
08-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi everyone

I have been recieving some fantastic cards! they are all up on a noticeboard in my hall which is now full:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/style_and_silver/1116731780/

Thankyou to everyone!
The last of my cards went out a couple of weeks ago, I hope they are arriving safley (uk strikes permitting!)

take care
pete

Doug Smith
08-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi Pete,

Your beautiful impressionist shot of Princess Street did indeed arrive- and in great shape. Thanks to you and to all participants. I've thoroughly enjoyed the exchange and look forward to the next one.

Doug

rwyoung
08-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Strange... Where is my postcard?:confused:

Ingo -

Yours made it to me in Lawrence, KS but then I'm slightly closer to you by about 45 miles. So perhaps Michael just needs to go search the ground between Lawrence and Topeka...:D

rst
08-16-2007, 02:04 AM
... I have been recieving some fantastic cards! they are all up on a noticeboard in my hall which is now full:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/style_and_silver/1116731780/
Hey, this is done well, yoou can even find out who sent which card. Funny.

ciao
-- Ruediger

Buster6X6
08-18-2007, 09:34 PM
This week I received two more cards.
First Mark Fisher County fair series, unique view of a horse's face with a beautiful reflection in his eye. Well done Mark.
RWYoung Capitol building . Dome is a bit overexposed but nice tonal values. Good shadow detail.
Thanks guy's

Cheers Greg

gr82bart
08-19-2007, 01:28 PM
4 more this week:

A bromide egg from bdial.
Michael's image of a receding wave is really nice. I like this image a lot.
A very kewl closeup of a horses eye is fantastic from Mark.
RWYoung sent a nice image of Madison capitol building.

Thanks everyone. Keep'em coming. Makes the walk to the mailbox so worthwhile.

Regards, Art.

sosmall1
08-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Just came home from 2 months of travelling to find 22 cards waiting for me! Thanks everyone. Mine will be on their way this week!

Buster6X6
08-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Two more cards came in today.
Nanette "Abandoned" I am really impressed with the contrast A1 lens is showing. Really nice piece of work. Very nice combination of film and developer.
jstraw Very nice minimalist approach with two little foot prints in the sand. I like it. The only thing post office wheel made almost a hole on the right hand side of the image. :(

Thanks Greg

Black Dog
08-23-2007, 03:37 PM
More cards trickling in:):

Portrait of a Horse by Mark-love the careful observation of subtle details in this series;this is probably the best yet with its narrow focus concentrating attention on the reflection in the eye.

Capitol Building by RW Young-has a 19th century feel about it, though the top of the dome possibly needs a little more burning in.

Old Thamesford Mill by Mike Wilde-as does this;it could have come from a forgotten box of pictures newly unearthed from an attic.

Asbury Park NJ by Tim Gray-this reminds me of 'Nebraska' (Bruce Springsteen's bleakly minimal accoustic offering, that is). Has a really folorn feeling to it.

Bent Wing Bird by Buster 6x6 (Greg)-the pattern of lines, forms and shadows really directs the viewer into the image.

Seattle at Night by Brian Chambers-reminds me of old police flicks where the hero is looking out over the city at night, wondering about the case from 10 years ago that he just can't solve/his breakup with his girlfriend etc (or maybe mid-late 70s Tom Waits ).

Big Bottles by Eric Gould-really quirky observation of everyday details and how surreal they can be, especially with the tilt across the middle of the image (as if you were viewing it while drunk).

Mannheim Memorial by Rudiger-a profoundly moving image with its ghostly background details.

Thanks!

Bob F.
08-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Mine went out earlier today. Late as per usual <sigh> ...

Many thanks for those received, and those still to come.

Cheers, Bob.

Tim Gray
08-23-2007, 06:53 PM
More cards trickling in:):
Asbury Park NJ by Tim Gray-this reminds me of 'Nebraska' (Bruce Springsteen's bleakly minimal accoustic offering, that is). Has a really folorn feeling to it.

Thanks. One of my favorite albums by my favorite artist.

jgcull
08-25-2007, 08:40 AM
What do you all print on for postcards? And where do you get it?

Thanks!

Janet

SuzanneR
08-25-2007, 08:49 AM
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=search&A=search&Q=&shs=post-card+paper&ci=4942

matti
08-25-2007, 08:55 AM
I just cut up whatever paper I want to use, and run it through the printer to print the text on the back.
/matti

jstraw
08-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Anybody found a really great easel for 4x6 photo paper? I'd love a 4x6 speed easel.

Tim Gray
08-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I've been looking for a 4x6 speed easel too. No luck. I'd love it if some of us got together and found someone to do run of them for us...

rwyoung
08-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Anybody found a really great easel for 4x6 photo paper? I'd love a 4x6 speed easel.

Seems like something one could fabricate from matboard.

For borderless postcards I've been using two "L" shaped pieces of matboard taped down to the enlarger base. Align & focus on a scrapped postcard, then use my grainfocuser as a weight to hold it in place while I carefully put the two "L" shaped pieces at opposite corners of the card.

If I figure out how to make an easel I'll draw plans for cutting the pieces. But it may be a few weeks, weekends are pretty full for a while!

And hey Michael, you want to swing by Lawrence some weekend late in September to shoot?

jstraw
08-25-2007, 03:03 PM
And hey Michael, you want to swing by Lawrence some weekend late in September to shoot?

Sure, I'd also love to see your darkroom. if you'd consent. Or do you primarily use the one at the Arts center? You're welcome here too.

I'm up in Nebraska for football on the weekends of the 1st and 15th. PM me and let's schedule something.

rwyoung
08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Sure, I'd also love to see your darkroom. if you'd consent. Or do you primarily use the one at the Arts center? You're welcome here too.

I'm up in Nebraska for football on the weekends of the 1st and 15th. PM me and let's schedule something.

If you've seen a bathroom, you have seen my darkroom... :D

Those happen to be two weekends I'm overprogramed for so lets think about the end of the month.

Catch you later.