PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 11 - Results and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

ingobohn
08-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Mannheim Memorial by Rudiger-a profoundly moving image with its ghostly background details.

Strange, strange... Once again I have the feeling that some of my cards did not reach the recipients. :-( I sent the card one day earlier than Rüdiger...

mikeg
08-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Both yours and Rudigers' postcards reached me. For which I'm really grateful. Last round your images made me laugh, this round you made me stop and think.

Cheers

Mike

pedropolis
08-26-2007, 08:47 PM
don't worry, yours made it to Scotland. and a day or two before RSTs one!

jgcull
08-26-2007, 09:23 PM
I'll show my ignorance, being new here. I don't guess we get to see scans posted here, do we?

BWKate
08-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I'll show my ignorance, being new here. I don't guess we get to see scans posted here, do we?

No, everyone is supposed to post scans of their postcards in the postcard gallery. What I mean is, you post your own postcard that you sent to everyone and a special gallery has been set up but hardly anyone posts theirs.

jgcull
08-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Thanks! I'll go look for it now.

blackmelas
08-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Mine went off in today's mail. Sorry for the delay. The cards this round have been great!
Best regards,
James

BWKate
08-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Don't worry James. Mine are still coming!

Buster6X6
08-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Two more cards arrived today thanks to:
BWKate" Ogden point" Victoria,BC. What a lens , I love the resolution and the contrast. Infra red film looks promising ,I bought some 120 film, got to try it out. Thanks Kate for your kind words on my post card.
BobF " Niche in ruined medieval church..." Very nice image Bob, could you please let me know what film, film developer and paper developer you used for this image.
Thanks in advance Greg :)

Jon King
08-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi all,

I just returned last week from a long wandering around the western U.S., (so many good potential postcards, lol, but so many rolls to develop :( ) In the cartons of mail, I loved discovering all the many wonderful postcards.

I posted scans of my cards in the gallery, in the postcard exchange area. I printed two different scenes.

So far I've received 19 cards, from Black Dog, Bmccarthy007, Bob F, Buster6x6, Dianna, Doug Smith, Erik G.(Like the image, and the tones you got printing are great), Tim Grey, Timbo 10ca(the lighting and the printing.. wow!), Rst, Ingobohn (both yours and Reidiger's are good, are a great pair together), Highpeak, MattKing(love it - aspect ratio and toning really help, Mick Fagan, Mike Wilde, Mike G(that postcard got me very interested in trying lith printing - a great image!), Pep Miro( I think your choice of warmtone paper really made the image), Peter Schrager, Rwyoung

There are great images there and what is even better to see is when I show people the postcards (I have them all in a small portfolio), their favorites are not mine, and I gain an appreciation for their favorite images that I didn't initially have.

I hope you all enjoyed mine, and I am looking forward to the remaining cards that continue to trickle in. Thank you all.

Jon

Dietmar Wolf
08-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Hi.

I received the last one today.

Thank you all for the terrific postcards. Me and my wife enjoyed them very much. It is really a great thing to physically exchange prints. I like it very much and will join the next print exchange for sure.

mikeg
08-29-2007, 04:12 AM
Received Bastiaan's great card yesterday -- made us all laugh ;)

What paper did you use Bastiaan?

Cheers

Mike

Bob F.
08-29-2007, 07:12 AM
<snip>
BobF " Niche in ruined medieval church..." Very nice image Bob, could you please let me know what film, film developer and paper developer you used for this image.
Thanks in advance Greg :)I thought the label looked a bit short on text - I always forget something...

I'll be putting up a scan in the Gallery in a few days with the info but: Neg = 120 FP4+ in ID11 @ 1+1. Paper = MGIV-RC in Neutol WA with sepia tone (pulled from the bleach early).

Cheers, Bob.

Buster6X6
08-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Bob
I am always interested how photograph became what it is, or better the LOOK.
Thanks again Greg

Buster6X6
08-31-2007, 07:49 PM
Three more cards arrived today.
Anne Lei-Yeung So Unique view through fish eye lens of Toronto's beach. Feels like sitting in space. Very nice.
matti ...and the shadow appeared behind. Very nice paper. Did you try it with any other paper developer?
Bastiaan Spring cleaning. Great looking european architecture, brick sidewalks ... :p .

Thanks guy's it has been fun receiving all the cards, I am almost disappointed when I look onto the mail box and there is nothing :( . Keep them coming.

Greg

Black Dog
09-01-2007, 12:26 PM
2 more cards arrived while I was away mtbing in the Lakes:

Buttons & Seaweed by BWKate-a lovely image which glows with subtle details;the buttons (which could have been newly washed up from a shipwreck) really leap out from the darker background.Congtarts on a very moving and sensitively observed set of images in B&W BTW.

Ruined Church by Bob F-an enigmatic and beautifully printed image which looks like it should be on the cover of the latest Dan Brown thriller....what long buried secrets does the blocked up window hide?....the truth is still out there.

Thanks!

gr82bart
09-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Three cards arrived this week:

Bastiaan's spring cleaning was a hoot! Made me laugh up the elevator causing some evil eyes to stare my way.
The niche in a ruined medieval church from BobF has a nice warm tone to it.
And Matti's postcard is fascinating. It looks as if it was taken at night with car lights.

Great stuff people, keep'em coming. This round was great in that it's spreading itself over several more weeks versus other rounds when the postcards appeared to come all at once. Makes for nice gems in between the bills and junk mail.

Thanks, Art.

gordrob
09-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Holidays are over and company is gone so I can finish my cards off tomorrow and hopefully they will be in the mail the first of the week so there are still more to come to your mailbox

Regards
Gord

BWKate
09-02-2007, 03:48 AM
Black Dog: Thanks for the kind words! Have you seen the Sept. issue of B&W? I haven't seen it yet. It takes about a month to get here!

Pete H
09-03-2007, 02:39 AM
My darkroom is functional again (at last! :) ) and I'll be printing cards this week.