PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 11 - Results and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

jstraw
09-03-2007, 10:25 AM
I thought I'd mention that I've received 29 cards for this round.

BWKate
09-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Wow, that's great! The remainder of mine are going out in the mail tomorrow.

jstraw
09-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Wow, that's great! The remainder of mine are going out in the mail tomorrow.

Actually, I was trying to complain...in a sort of vague and subtle way. I confess, I'm not good at subtle.

Jon King
09-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Actually, I was trying to complain...in a sort of vague and subtle way. I confess, I'm not good at subtle.

Ahhh, but you're wicked good at vague :p.

I've recieved 20 so far. Does that mean that more of the people on your list sent them already, or that fewer were lost in the mail? Based on people who posted that they sent all of theirs, I'm pretty sure one of mine is lost by the USPS. I sent out 38 cards.. I do hope mine made it.

Mark Fisher
09-04-2007, 08:31 AM
I stopped counting how many I receive. With different people committing to different numbers, it is hard to know how many to expect. I gave up on the other exchanges because I often did not receive promised images (once from a moderator!) I'm just happy to share my images with everyone and get enough back to still have fun with the exchange. That is why this is the only exchange I still do.

rst
09-04-2007, 08:46 AM
I stopped counting how many I receive. With different people committing to different numbers, it is hard to know how many to expect.Hi Mark,

how many to expect is easy. Each member on your list should also send a card to you. That means you should receive exactly the number of cards that you have sent from exactly the same people that you have sent cards to. That should be the case for every participant except Ingo and me since we sent cards to all participants because our image title is split on two cards.

ciao
-- Ruediger

matti
09-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Just got Blackmelas glass plate print. I really like this!
/matti

gr82bart
09-04-2007, 08:56 AM
I stopped counting how many I receive.Same here. I stopped counting too. I'm now of the mindset to just enjoy what I receive.

Regards, Art.

Mark Fisher
09-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi Mark,

how many to expect is easy. Each member on your list should also send a card to you. That means you should receive exactly the number of cards that you have sent from exactly the same people that you have sent cards to. That should be the case for every participant except Ingo and me since we sent cards to all participants because our image title is split on two cards.

ciao
-- Ruediger

I used to participate in a number of exchanges and often did not receive prints. With this exchange, I just try to not worry about it. Besides I just received the great image of the Corinth Excavations from James....the story alone was worth it!

rst
09-05-2007, 02:56 AM
I used to participate in a number of exchanges and often did not receive prints. With this exchange, I just try to not worry about it. ...Which is good. For the postcard exchange receiving postcards is really nice, but sharing some of my work to such a broad audience has at least the same importance for me. No matter how many I get in return, I sent out a lot of cards and I get a lot of cards. That is different in the group print exchange, there I like to get as many prints as I send and as it turns out, it will happen this round :)

ciao
-- Ruediger

mikeg
09-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Besides I just received the great image of the Corinth Excavations from James....the story alone was worth it!

Mine came today. Excellent, fascinating image and story. Many thanks James.

Cheers

Mike

Buster6X6
09-05-2007, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=mikeg;516261]Mine came today. Excellent, fascinating image and story. Many thanks James.

I received it today to. Like Mike and Mark I really like it too. An oversize post card with history ,over 100 years old .Wow.
I can imagine our images one day hundred years from now will prompt someone to say "Wow" they used film in 2007 ?

Thanks James it is a wonderful image.

Greg

MattKing
09-07-2007, 01:45 AM
I am now up to 26 cards (including the one I mailed to myself). I commented on the first 14 earlier. Here are the rest of my comments:

PepMiro's image of a mountain valley in Andorra - warm and cold at the same time. A great image, but I think it is a bonus, because you weren't on my list!
Mark Fisher's great close up of a horse - here is a photo that truly looks out at you!
RWyoung's elegant image of a capitol building
Matti's haunting view of ground cover, with a hovering shadow
erikg's wonderful "king size" beer bottles - standard size for Canadian beer, of course :)
Rmartin's Torrey Pines trees - great shot (I love tree photos)
Valerie's magical photo of children's feet - this brings a smile to me each time
MattKing's "Derelict" - oh, this was mine - I'd better not comment :)
Mystery Appuger (probably Samad Asad)'s imposing city/street scene - I assume Singapore
BirgerA's delicate and striking image of ice crystals on plants
brchambe's nightscape from Seattle - just down the highway, and a great print
Sosmall1's beach scene, - in colour, with a special visitor :)

They are all great. Thanks everybody, it has really been fun!

Matt

Oops - I just realized that the postcard I identified as Samad Asad's postcard was a postcard from Singapore that I had received earlier, as part of postcard exchange 10, and put aside because I couldn't identify who it was from. Thanks anyways :)

Samad Asad
09-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Hmm.

It can't be mine, since my postcards for this round are still with me (Justin's maybe :p).

The 20 should be out in the mail soon. I really must apologise for being late this time round.

Pete H
09-09-2007, 07:09 AM
My cards are printed & addressed, and will go out as soon as I get to a post office this week. Sorry they're late! I hope you enjoy them anyway.

cheers!

Pete

Bastiaan
09-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Dear Friends,

I want to thank all of you for the wonderful cards I have received so far.

Because I have recently moved and am still working on a thorough renovation of my new house, I'm late sending out my cards this round. 22 copies of my card 'Spring Cleaning' were already sent. The rest have already been printed but unfortunately cannot be located in the pile of boxes containing our stuff. I'm doing my best to find them as quickly as possible and send them to you.

Thanks,
Bastiaan

gr82bart
09-15-2007, 05:39 PM
2 more arrived this week:

James sent a HUGE postcard of a dig site - looks right out of Indiana Jones!
I just love BWKate's images. I think her printing is simply outstanding and I nominate her to be one of the 'teachers' at Foto3. Seriously, she's under-marketed and easily puts the usual seminar suspects to shame IMO.
OK, I'm not counting too, but I now have 30 postcards out of 45. :) Where are the rest of you guys?

Regards, Art.

Bob F.
09-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I have posted mine in the postcard gallery. All were sent over two weeks ago so those on my list should have got one by now. Lets see some more in the gallery - show the others what they are missing out on...

Cheers everyone.

Bob.

gr82bart
09-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Lets see some more in the gallery - show the others what they are missing out on...Thanks for the reminder. I just did that.

Regards, Art.

BWKate
09-15-2007, 08:15 PM
My bad. A couple of mine are still on the way!
Art,
You make me blush! Thanks for the compliment! I would so love to come to foto3 but can't afford it. I will get there someday, you can count on it. Besides I want to share a couple beers & stories with Bob Carnie, Dinesh, and Art! good times.
I absolutely love meeting apug members and sharing war stories, etc.
Good reminder BobF, I'll post last round's offerings.