PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 11 - Results and Feedback

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

rst
07-06-2007, 01:51 AM
Hi,

Randy seems to be busy so let me I start the feedback thread.

First I like to thank everyone who participated for this round. I am sure as the last round, this will be a great round too.

Second I want to remind you, I did not get the addresses of Linlow and bsignorelli in time so who wants to send extra cards to them, please send me a PM so I can send them your address and their address to you. Sorry for any inconvenience because of the wrong Jonathan King on the list etc. I hope we will do better next time.

So I am looking forward to the postcards I will find in my mailbox. The last round was a lot of fun so let's see how this round turns out.

Thanks again and ciao
-- Ruediger

Edit: Maybe one of the moderators can add a sticky flag to this thread. Thank you.

GeoffHill
07-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I recieved my first postcard today, from Black Dog. Unfortunately, the emulsion was slightly damaged in the post, but its a nice print. Thanks.

Dietmar Wolf
07-08-2007, 06:00 AM
I made the picture and developed the film only yesterday ;-)

BWKate
07-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Ruediger,

Don't forget to get a moderator to make this thread a "sticky". (whatever that means) I just noticed that all of the results threads for the postcard exchange have that in front of it!

Thanks for your help on the exchange! I don't know if I can even come close to topping your and Ingo's imaginative postcards from the last exchange! Legendary!

rst
07-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Ruediger,

Don't forget to get a moderator to make this thread a "sticky". (whatever that means) I just noticed that all of the results threads for the postcard exchange have that in front of it!

Thanks for your help on the exchange! I don't know if I can even come close to topping your and Ingo's imaginative postcards from the last exchange! Legendary!Yes, I already asked Sean, maybe I should have sent this PM to all the moderators, what I do right now.

ciao
-- Ruediger

jd callow
07-09-2007, 01:04 AM
sticky...

rst
07-09-2007, 01:06 AM
sticky...Thanks!

ingobohn
07-09-2007, 01:55 AM
I have printed my 53 postcards over the weekend. The adress labels are printed, too. Whenever I find time to get to the post office, the cards will be shipped soon.

gr82bart
07-09-2007, 11:32 AM
My postcards have been sent. They are VERY different. Hope you guys enjoy them.

I have printed my 53 postcards over the weekend.53? Better check with Ruediger or Randy. I don't think anyone has 53 postcards to print.

Regards, Art.

rst
07-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Yes Art, you are right. the maximum of cards to send is 40 cards plus maybe the one for Linlow. I will put together his list today or tomorrow and send out info for those who do the extra card.

Just to make sure, the email you got had a list of addresses which you should send cards to. Then there was the attached Excel file which contains ALL addresses. This is because I am not able to generate the Excel file automatically. So I would have to create 51 different Excel files. Well I do not want to do this.

However since Ingo and I do a double pack again this time, I may send cards to people on Ingos list but not on mine and vice versa. But we do not assume to get extra cards from these people.

Oh, did I mention that I still look out for more people willing to send an extra card to Linlow?

ciao
-- Ruediger

Pete H
07-09-2007, 11:00 PM
My first card arrived yesterday, from Mike Wilde. Thanks Mike!

It will be some time before I can send mine out - my darkroom still isn't functional in the new house, but I'm working on it.

ingobohn
07-10-2007, 02:32 AM
Hm, strange... I got an e-mail with an XLS attached. But the e-mail itself did not contain a "special" list just for me with (only) 40 addresses.
Well - doesn't matter... :D

jstraw
07-11-2007, 10:44 AM
I've gotten terrific cards from Black Dog and mike wilde already!

I will probably print and mail the first week or so of August, this time around. I have a lot to do currently and I'm also thinking that I may have some images I want to use from my trip to the Dalmatian coast, the last week of July.

BWKate
07-11-2007, 01:01 PM
How exciting! I got my first card yesterday from Dianna form Texas. Wow, it's a very nice fibre 5X7 print of a Holga image of the front grille of an old car. Well done, Dianna, it looks great!
I'm thinking of doing 5X7 fibre prints on account of the Canadian postage being so high and what the hey if I'm getting charged so much to send might as well send the biggest I can send. I sure love getting that size as well. Now I'll have so much more room to write on.

Dietmar Wolf
07-11-2007, 02:22 PM
What interesting idea. I will have to check the maximum size which I could send from here. Thank for the hint.

MattKing
07-11-2007, 03:19 PM
How exciting! I got my first card yesterday from Dianna form Texas. Wow, it's a very nice fibre 5X7 print of a Holga image of the front grille of an old car. Well done, Dianna, it looks great!
I'm thinking of doing 5X7 fibre prints on account of the Canadian postage being so high and what the hey if I'm getting charged so much to send might as well send the biggest I can send. I sure love getting that size as well. Now I'll have so much more room to write on.

Kate:

You need to check carefully the maximum sizes permitted - IIRC the short dimension is slightly less than 5 inches, whereas the long dimension is slightly longer than 8 inches.

Here is a link:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/offerings/lettermail/can/about_specifications-e.asp

Matt

Black Dog
07-12-2007, 08:25 AM
I've sent 5x7s from Blighty no probs.

Tim Gray
07-12-2007, 04:19 PM
My postcards have been sent. They are VERY different. Hope you guys enjoy them.

Art, got your postcard today. Love it.

jstraw
07-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I got Art's today too. I love it. I'm resisting the trmptation to see how it responds to stylus pressure!

gr82bart
07-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Well, I got a pleasant little surprise. Black Dog, aka Jake, sent me his postcard with his print from the Group Print Exchange. Nice and thanks!

Regards, Art.