PDA

View Full Version : TRAVELING PORTFOLIO PROJECT

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

David A. Goldfarb
11-07-2003, 07:58 AM
If we were to post scans, I'd like to see a separate gallery for the portfolio, so that discussion of portfolio images emphasizes the fact that this area is for discussion of prints, and the scans are only for reference. We could post small scans only--maybe 500 pixels on a side max--to reinforce the idea that the scans are just for reference and to discourage discussion of the digital representations of the prints.

jd callow
11-12-2003, 08:39 AM
Good day all,
I just recieved a black case from a mr pere in prospect hts, il. It has a combination lock and may be our portfolio. If so I'll need the combination.

David A. Goldfarb
11-12-2003, 08:56 AM

jd callow
11-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Once again David (and Lee) come through!

jd callow
11-13-2003, 09:25 AM
Alrighty! what a nice group of photos. I was going to comment about my favorites and ones I thought had exceptional attributes (subject, printing, etc) and thought better of it. The last thing I'd want to do is damn through omission.

I'll simply say two thing about the portfolio, first it is a wonderful idea and second the images are great.

I'll hang onto it for a couple days, find an appropriate image to add and send it off.

Best wishes to all

p.s. there is envelope of cash for David, should I forward it on to Mr. G or keep it in the case?

David A. Goldfarb
11-13-2003, 09:32 AM
If you wanted just to mail me a check, that would probably be easiest. Even though the prints are obviously worth more than the cash, it's probably best not to have any enticements to pilferage in the portfolio.

bmac
12-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Its been a month since the last post. Where is the portfolio now?

David A. Goldfarb
12-15-2003, 06:00 PM
I haven't received it yet, so JDC or Poco must have it. I'll be out of town for a few weeks, so if it comes while I'm away, I suppose it will sit there until I get back, first week of January. We have a doorman in our apartment building, so it will be safe.

Ole
12-15-2003, 06:08 PM
So it's just about 'round for the first time now? Good!
I really look forward to seeing the portfolio full of beautiful prints! I have a new one ready, but may want to reconsider when I see the rest:).

I can do some quick snaps with a d*g*toy when it gets here - then we can get organised and make a gallery page. I'll snap my own "before" and "after" as well.

jd callow
12-15-2003, 06:12 PM
I haven't received it yet, so JDC or Poco must have it. I'll be out of town for a few weeks, so if it comes while I'm away, I suppose it will sit there until I get back, first week of January. We have a doorman in our apartment building, so it will be safe.
Sorry for the delay -- I'm still sitting on the portfolio (and Mr G's cash). I have been busy as can be and I leave for a couple weeks this wednesday. So I won't beable to ship it out until the begining of the year.

Happy Holidays to All!

David A. Goldfarb
12-15-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks for checking in. It looks like we'll be out of town at the same time. I have a print that I was thinking of putting in, but of course I'll probably have something new when I get back from Hawai'i, so maybe another from the Moloka'i series, which is what I was printing when it went around the first time.

lee
01-17-2004, 09:16 AM
so, where is the portfolio now. Interested parties want to know.

lee\c

David A. Goldfarb
01-17-2004, 10:34 AM
JDC?. . .

lee
01-17-2004, 11:28 AM
I just sent him an email from his address listed on the portfolio page. If no response I will call him and ask what the hell happened.

lee\c

jd callow
01-17-2004, 12:05 PM
JDC?. . . I am picking my print(s) today it will go out monday. I have two small b/w portraits of my wife which are posted on photo.net -- but I'd rather include xproccessed stuff. The problem is I generlly don't make or keep prints smaller than 16x16. In any event sorry for the looong delay

jd callow
01-17-2004, 12:08 PM
I just sent him an email from his address listed on the portfolio page. If no response I will call him and ask what the hell happened.

lee\cAs stated above I am sorry for the delay. I have been very busy, but should have found the time to forward it on. Please accept my apology. I never recieved the email from lee!?

David A. Goldfarb
01-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks, John.

Meanwhile: Poco, you're up next.

lee
01-17-2004, 01:46 PM
I never recieved the email from lee!?

NO problem I sent it to the Yahoo account that is listed in the portfolio page listing. Just did not know if you still read this and thought I would try you that way.

lee\c

Ole
01-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Glad to hear it's on the move.

Now - what should I put in the portfolio? Time may be short when it comes my way, and I don't really like the thought of having it sitting around when I spend a fortnight away on work.

So what'll it be? A lith print? A generally "nice" print on superb paper, or just a "normal" print? It will be B&W anyway, but could be any shade from yellow to blue...

Poco
01-22-2004, 10:53 AM
Well, the big day has arrived! I finally got my hands (washed for the occasion) on the portfolio! I want to thank JD for sending it to me.

The most immediate thing that stuck me on the first go-through of the contents is how incredibly versatile the medium is. It's hard to believe the process that allows for Sean's wonderful, explosive use of grain can be in any way related to that which created Joe's delicate P print -- to site just one example.

I have my own print picked out, but will likely keep the portfolio for a week before sending it on to David.

-Michael