PDA

View Full Version : TRAVELING PORTFOLIO PROJECT

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Ole
03-30-2004, 02:37 PM
I really like the idea of showing the portfolio locally while I have it. I know just the place. Does anyone have any objections to their work being shown locally in Boise Idaho for a week?

None at all. although you may have to mount my print! :lol:

Jorge
03-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Nope....

Joe Lipka
03-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Well, what are you going to do when all of these priceless photographs are purchased by the well heeled photographic collectors in Boise? :confused:

We will have to "resupply" the folio. :D

I can live with the risk.

bmac
03-30-2004, 03:18 PM
:))

Sean
03-30-2004, 06:45 PM
fine with me..

David A. Goldfarb
03-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Fine with me, too, Jay. If some sort of show happens, maybe it would be best to make up a contact list of all those who want to participate for the purpose of print sales, allowing those who would prefer to opt out to do so, of course.

Ole, the portfolio is locked because postal regulations require it. I presume its because they don't want it to come unzipped in the mail.

Aggie
03-30-2004, 07:05 PM
I have no problem with that Jay.

David A. Goldfarb
03-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Well, we might think about how we want to do this, and it should be entirely up to the participants, but my first thought was that the prints could all be numbered for the show, and we could make up a gallery list with information on each print and contact information for show attendees wishing to purchase a print or to contact a participant for the purpose of inquiring about further work. Things could be arranged such that attendees could purchase prints on the spot and participants could ship a replacement print to Jay before he sends it on to the next participant, or persons interested in purchasing a print could contact the photographer and buy a fresh one, properly mounted for display, which frankly, I think is a better idea, since the mounts do get a little worn in the portfolio, and it wouldn't waylay the portfolio for too long in Boise.

Nige
03-30-2004, 08:36 PM
my print can be displayed but is not for sale.. it could be given away if someone asks nicely :)

Aggie
03-31-2004, 03:38 AM
Darn this means I might have to do a serious print. If ya'll remember my nude cowboy pic, I was going to put one as funny, but non nude in the portfolio this time. Grumble Grumble, need to go look at negatives!

Sean
04-15-2004, 06:38 PM
I have the portfolio :)

Was nice to see some new work! David Boyce "livemoa" is in AKL today and we're going to meet up for lunch and look over it.

David A. Goldfarb
04-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Thanks for checking in, Sean. Looks like things are moving at a good pace this round. Have you had a chance to update the list on the site? If not, next up in order are:

Nige
[burro]
Jorge Gasteazoro
[burro]
Chris Glanton
Aggie
Bmac
Tom Sauerwein

Bruce Osgood
04-15-2004, 07:29 PM
Thanks for checking in, Sean. Looks like things are moving at a good pace this round. Have you had a chance to update the list on the site? If not, next up in order are:

Nige
[burro]
Jorge Gasteazoro
[burro]
Chris Glanton
Aggie
Bmac
Tom Sauerwein

Did I miss something? Did I not make the list?

Sean
04-15-2004, 07:29 PM
i must have an old email from you with the new list that fell into a black hole, will search my inbox and get that in. thanks

David A. Goldfarb
04-15-2004, 07:40 PM
That's just the next 5 on the list, Bruce, not the full list. You'll be on the list for the next round when it comes back to New York.

I've streamlined the order to speed up the mailing time and keep the shipping costs down, so it's gone New York-UK-Norway-New Zealand, and next Australia-Mexico-West Coast-Southwest U.S.-and then basically West to East with a few North/South swerves until it gets back to New York. Previously the U.S. portion of the itinerary was broken into two sections, and this added another international hop, and then on top of that we had one mishap where the portfolio was shipped out of order, so that added another international hop, resulting in around a full year of travel time. If we could cut down the travel time, it would be easier to add one or two new participants, space permitting.

Bruce Osgood
04-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Gotcha,

Thanks David

livemoa
04-16-2004, 12:11 AM
I would like to say, that after my quick look through the portfolio with Sean today that I am impressed with the depth of talent that was demonstrated in the images I saw.

There was excellent, gallery quality work in there. I felt privileged to view it.

bmac
04-16-2004, 12:42 AM
When the new list is uploaded, do you think it would be possible to add the user name of the members next to their actual name? I find this helps alot with the postcard list.

Brian

Ole
04-16-2004, 02:05 AM
Good to hear it's arrived!

Sean
04-16-2004, 04:24 AM
yes, thanks Ole! :)

-fyi- list updated, will send it off to Nige early next week.