PDA

View Full Version : TRAVELING PORTFOLIO PROJECT

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26

David A. Goldfarb
01-26-2005, 07:09 AM
Still trying to get in touch with Aaron.

bmac
01-31-2005, 01:27 PM
Any word David?

lee
01-31-2005, 01:32 PM
looks like we were hijacked

lee\c

bmac
01-31-2005, 01:50 PM
It must have been my print. He couldn't let it go...

David A. Goldfarb
01-31-2005, 02:07 PM
I just gave him a call. The number in New Mexico was disconnected and I got another number in New Mexico with a voice mail and left a message to call me back. I'll let you know what I find out.

mark
01-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Where in New Mexico? There are a few of us around these parts and might be able to go strong arm the guy;) It is the wild west ya know.

I'm serious, what was the new number? someone might be near the prefix.

David A. Goldfarb
01-31-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't want to post anyone's private phone number in a public place on the internet, but I did a reverse lookup, and it is his number, so I'm guessing he moved or gave up his regular phone for a cellphone, and there's probably some reasonable explanation (even if it's just procrastination). If anyone is in the vicinity of Tijeras, pm me.

Aaron's the guy who found this great supply of Haloid Industro and then decided that he couldn't work in 8x10" for a while and sold it off, but his print in the first round of the portfolio had some beautiful tones.

Aggie
01-31-2005, 03:55 PM
The town is just east of Albuquerque. Davidb likes in Santa Fe.
Taht is about 100 miles away. Don't know if we can talk hin into going over and getting it jumpstarted again.

mark
01-31-2005, 04:17 PM
There are a few Albuquerqueians here as well. It would be a shorter drive for them. Not in my side of NEW mexico otherwise I'ld do it.

David A. Goldfarb
03-05-2005, 07:07 PM
I've got a couple of new leads on Aaron. Among other things, I found a blog that may be his which talks a lot about a computer disaster that happened in January, so that may have something to do with this. I'll post as soon as I know anything.

kwmullet
03-05-2005, 08:21 PM
gosh, maybe the next portfolio that goes out needs to have one of these superglued inside, eh?

http://www.wherifywireless.com/prod_watches.htm

lee
03-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Aaron emailed me this afternoon and said he was mailing the portfolio to me and just wanted to confirm my address. He did not say anything else.

lee\c

David A. Goldfarb
03-08-2005, 08:05 PM
! -- Thanks for checking in.

lee
03-08-2005, 08:09 PM
I also just PMed you

lee\c

lee
03-12-2005, 02:23 PM
lordy lordy Aaron sent me the traveling portfolio so Clay you have about 3 months to get ready just joking hahahah

but I did receive the portfolio

lee\c

David A. Goldfarb
03-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ole
03-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I second that! :D :D :D

Donald Miller
03-16-2005, 07:57 AM
I had the good fortune to view the traveling portfolio yesterday. Lee Carmichael brought it along when he picked up a couple of enlargers from me.

I must say that I was absolutely amazed at the quality of some of the prints. Some were stunningly beautiful in their apparent technical expertise. The platinum prints of Jorge and Clay Harmon were wonderful. Lee's print and several others were equally beautiful silver presentations.

Surpising to me was that some who indicate great technical expertise do not seem to be able to produce prints equal to their verbalization.

I guess that is the value of the traveling portfolio. That there is a tremendous amount of sharing and learning that can occur.

Thanks to Lee for allowing me to observe.

clay
03-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Well, Lee did the hand-off today at the Camera Co-op in Houston. We shot the breezer for a little while, then parted ways. I was surprised to see the date on the back of my print as May 1, 2003. That means it has taken almost two years to make its way back to me.

Anyway, the prints included are a nice selection both in terms of quality and interesting subject matter. I am glad everyone is including a little propeller-head description of the thought process, material and procedures behind each image.

So anyway - who is next? I am still mulling over the print I will include, but I'll decide here in the next few days. It appears that the address list has gone missing from the portfolio.

Clay

David A. Goldfarb
03-31-2005, 09:48 PM
Glad to see we're moving along again. Let's see if we can keep up the pace.

The remaining names on the list are--

J. de Fehr
Jim Chinn
Joe Lipka
Chuck Pere
J.D. Callow
Ed Sukach
Michael Veit
and then back to me in New York.

I'll PM you with the location and passwords for the address list.

I think what we ought to do before the next round is reconfirm all the participants and people on the waiting list, like Nige has done for the Postcard Exchange, just to be sure that no one's disappeared this time. I'll make an announcement when it seems like a good time to do that and once I've double checked all my records, so don't e-mail your info yet. If we've got enough participants at that point to split the portfolio in two for round three, I'll buy another portfolio and take up another collection for it.