PDA

View Full Version : Instant Print Print Exchange

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

gr82bart
08-05-2007, 05:19 AM
Hi Folks,

I have received three fantastic Polaroids:

Bethe's Fuiji print of a metal bridge against a forest background is rich in colour
Dianna's Polaroid of an 'older model' Pontiac
rkmiec sent a cool image of a face from a poster

Regards, Art.

gr82bart
08-05-2007, 05:27 AM
Art, I got your Instax print in the other postcard exchange - very cool. I looked up the camera, it's neat! I found where I can buy one and some film from Japan. I'm hoping you're sending out more Instax prints in this exchange...Hi Dianna,

It is a cool camera. It's also BIG. You can get it and film closer though in Canada. I got mine as a Christmas present but I know stores in Toronto like Aden Camera (http://www.adencamera.com/) sell it and the film too.

The card says that the post office returns to sender any mail that doesn't meet the standards. Interesting...I have a feeling it depends on the individual person processing your cards. Like anywhere else, some people follow the 'rules' more than others. So far, it seems all the instant prints are getting through - size non-compliance and all! Fingers crossed ...

Regards, Art.

Alex Hawley
08-05-2007, 09:00 AM
The post office added a greeting to the postcard, though... the Polaroid (600-type print) was taped to a card explaining the minimum standards for domestic mail. Uh-oh! Some of the prints I sent out were type 600. I hope they make it... I didn't put my return address on the prints. The card says that the post office returns to sender any mail that doesn't meet the standards. Interesting...

Dianna, the one I received from you had the same zinger from the PO. Contrary to their own policy, it was delivered anyway. :)

winger
08-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Well, the PO returns ones that have a return address. If the postage is sufficient, they'll tape it to a card and send it on (that's how I received Dianne's). I agree that it probably depends on the specific office and person who sees it. If one jams a machine, it probably won't continue on.

Peter Williams
08-06-2007, 09:05 AM
I got a really lovely one today, lilypads in a pond, but it's not signed, so I don't know whom to thank...

Thanks Diana - that one is mine (making the bold assumption that I was the only one photograhing lilly pads). I realized after I send them that I did not put anything on them to identify whom they are from. Seems like a good thing now, at least they didn't come back to me. :D

Alex Hawley
08-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Got Scott's print today. The 4x5 made through the mail just as he sent it. Thanks Scott.

TheFlyingCamera
08-06-2007, 06:57 PM
i got Alex and Banana's prints today. Both very nice. About as far apart subject-wise as you can get, but that's cool - Alex sent me some wildflowers, and Banana sent me guys painting graffiti.

Alex Hawley
08-06-2007, 07:43 PM
i got Alex and Banana's prints today. Both very nice. About as far apart subject-wise as you can get, but that's cool - Alex sent me some wildflowers, and Banana sent me guys painting graffiti.

HAH! Ain't very much graffiti writing in this county, but copious amounts of wildflowers abound. Banana's print sounds highly interesting.

If we do this again, I just might use this old Big Shot that's been laying around collecting dust. It focuses only at 4 feet. Good for close-ups and nothing else, and uses the 66X series pack films.

Peter Williams
08-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I got Alex's yesterday. Or I should say my wife got it. She showed it to me, told me it was lovely, and promptly walked away with it. I might think it's nice, too, but it's hard to tell from such limited contact.

thebanana
08-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Received Alex's and Bethe's today, Richard's yesterday. These are great! They'll be going up on a special bulletin board at the Art Gallery where i use darkroom space!

Alex Hawley
08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Got mine from Banana and Bethe yesterday. Both very good and highly interesting. Thanks!

Of note, both of these, plus Scott's 4x5, made it through the postal systems without any "wrong size" zingers or anything else. I think this is interesting, especially since Banana's originated in Canada. Seems to be some inconsistencies in verbatim compliance with regulations amongst the various US Post Offices. But I sure as heck ain't gonna bring it to anyone's official attention. :D

MartinB
08-10-2007, 01:12 AM
I have recieved 6 so far (all but Dianna's in the last 2 days) from Dianna, John, Scott, Alex, Bethe and unknown? (stone lion). Its great to see them and thanks to all of you. I am looking forward to the last 4.

Dianna's, John's, Scott's and Alex' all came as sent and without any post office "reminders"

Bethe's came in a USPS supplied window envelope with the back having an "apology" from the plant manager for being "damaged" in handling by the post office! There is no damage to the print so ...

The stone lion was taped to a card by USPS with a "postage due" stamp and the back indicating that it did not meet minimum size so was being returned to sender to be "fixed". Maybe since there was only my address they figured I was the sender? Anyway, stamp is not cancelled - anyone need a 39 cent stamp?

the 1st two attachments are Bethe's envelope and the 3rd from the stone lion

MartinB
08-10-2007, 01:27 AM
I tried shooting last weekend but have blown the remainder of an old pack of type 669 and the best part of the new one without getting one decent shot. It has been a comedy of operator errors with gummed up junk on the rollers (haven't used the back in 4 years) and pulling tabs incorrectly. (see attachment) I even managed to get a previous shot to come out of the rollers when I pulled the tab for the current shot (a day apart!):confused: It was like the photo went into a time warp and came out late and ruined.

I thought I would have to order another pack from Freestyle and wait for delivery but yesterday found some out of date Fuji in a clearout at a local store - I tried a test tonight and finally success :) (the Fuji is a lot flatter than the curly Polaroid)

I will finish these this weekend and get them in the mail. Not sure if I will try them all as is or tape some to official size cards - I sent one of my duds to myself this week in a test but it has not arrived yet.

thanks in advance for your patience with me

Martin

Peter Williams
08-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Martin-

I'm guilty of the stone lion. Glad I didn't put a return on mine - it looks like they'd all have come back.

Peter

Nicole
08-11-2007, 03:52 AM
My little series are finally going out this weekend. They are a little smaller, photographed with the blad on Polaroid 669 which was way out of date! I like the results. Do we have anywhere we can post these? I'm adding here a sample of the series for you.

gr82bart
08-12-2007, 02:55 AM
Hi Folks,

4 prints this week:

A 4x5 image of a lens that I presume is from Scott by the postmark
Cattails by Alex
An interesting image of a butterfly on a finger from Texas which by process of elimination is Alex's
And John's flowerThanks!

I took my images last weekend and sent my prints out yesterday. Used my Polaroid Job Pro and not the Instax - not enough film! Errr ...

Regards, Art.

thebanana
08-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Received Scott's yesterday. I'm really enjoying finding something other than junk mail and bills in the mailbox!

Nicole
08-21-2007, 09:36 AM
bump...

TheFlyingCamera
08-21-2007, 09:46 AM
I still don't have prints from Art, Nicole, Martin or Pete (I think).

Nicole
08-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Mine are somewhere out over the big blue ocean on their merry way to you all :)