PDA

View Full Version : BBQ in Sandy, august 18th

raucousimages
07-16-2007, 03:02 PM
My wife and I are going to have a BBQ at our house in Sandy, Aug 18th.

Who: Local Photographers and Artists.
Where: Call or PM for address, 201-1921
When: Aug 18th. Late afternoon until everyone goes home.
What to bring. We are very casual. Bring the meat you like (we will have the grill hot) and a side dish if you want. We will have soft drinks, chips, dip, vegies etc... BYOB if you want anything else just no heavy drinking, My wife is concerned about the dram law.

RSVP

Thanks John

Robert Hall
07-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Sounds like fun, I will check our schedule!

mtbbrian
07-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Will a tour of your darkroom be available?
I'll have to check "the Palm".
Brian

raucousimages
07-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Studio and Darkroom will be open.

Ian Grant
07-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Sounds great, but where is Sandy :-)

Is Salt Lake the Dead Sea !!! or the Red Sea.

You know when someone lives "Third Rock from the Sun" that could be anywhere . . . . Sounds more like an early Pink Floyd title, or the home of a spaced out Aussie.

Anyway John we'd love to come, but on a more serious note this forum is so international it even reaches New Zealand where man is outnumbered by about 100,000 to 1 by sheep, and there's only one serious photographer. What's his name begins with an S :-)

Have a great time, I wish we could cross continents and join you, but I think a visit to Jorge in Mexico and then Peru will do instead, later in the year.

Ian

raucousimages
07-16-2007, 03:50 PM
For anyone outside of the Utah area Sandy is about 5 miles south of Salt Lake City.

mtbbrian
07-16-2007, 04:03 PM
You know when someone lives "Third Rock from the Sun" that could be anywhere . . . . Sounds more like an early Pink Floyd title, or the home of a spaced out Aussie.

It's Jimi Hendrix actually.
:D

Ian Grant
07-16-2007, 04:32 PM
I have friend, a guitarist, longest reach ever seen. He's not been playing long . . . . only about 40 years. . . . .

But in 68, Hendrix was the support act !!!!!! At 16 he was in Jimmy Cliffs backing band, and Hendrix was the support.

A bit later in Band of Joy, they spawnded Led Zepplin, ok they aren't that good but we all know Stairway yo Heaven.

Off forum mtbbrian I'd say a lot more and have a laugh, as Kev's one of my best friends and I see Robert frequently.

But I ain't religious and Hendrix is God :-)

Ian

mtbbrian
07-16-2007, 05:28 PM
I have friend, a guitarist, longest reach ever seen. He's not been playing long . . . . only about 40 years. . . . .

But in 68, Hendrix was the support act !!!!!! At 16 he was in Jimmy Cliffs backing band, and Hendrix was the support.

A bit later in Band of Joy, they spawnded Led Zepplin, ok they aren't that good but we all know Stairway yo Heaven.

Off forum mtbbrian I'd say a lot more and have a laugh, as Kev's one of my best friends and I see Robert frequently.

But I ain't religious and Hendrix is God :-)

Ian

LOL!
Sounds good!
:cool:
Brian

yardkat
07-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Wish I could make it, but my husband got a week off and we'll be out of town over that weekend. I'd really love to meet everyone, but I'm happy he got some time off.

raucousimages
08-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Right now I have one RSVP. Anyone else coming?

Robert Hall
08-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Do we have a time scheduled? I am teaching a cyanotype class that morning, shouldn't take too long.

mtbbrian
08-13-2007, 10:59 AM
I know I contacted you John, but I am sure if I gave you a definative answer.
So please put me down for two, my wife and me.
Come On Utah APUGers!
Brian

raucousimages
08-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Grill will be hot by 6:00. Bring your own meat. I will have salads, drinks, chips and dessert. Feel free to bring a side dish if you like.

201-1921

OPTheory
08-25-2007, 11:59 PM
How'd it go?

mtbbrian
08-27-2007, 12:05 PM
How'd it go?

Considering that it was just me and my wife, we had a great time!
John and his wife are great hosts.
I am sure though had others shown up we would have had even more fun!
Brian

raucousimages
09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Maria and I had a great time with Brian and his wife. I want to do it again with more people. It was fun just talking photography. Maybe a pot luck or pizza next time. We are very casual.