PDA

View Full Version : Agfa Isolar - does Voigtl. holders fit?

JPD
08-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Agfa Isolar - *do* Voigtl. holders fit? (sorry about the grammatic error in the subject line)

I have the opportunity to buy an Agfa Isolar 9x12, and have a couple of Voigtländer plate/film holders. Will they fit?

Does anyone here have Agfa plate holders and can show photos of them to me? Especially photos were I can see the flanges. :)

JPD
08-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Never mind. I bought an Voigtländer Avus instead.

Ole
08-05-2007, 07:31 AM
I tried to find out, but didn't succeed.

Buying an AVUS instead is a good solution. :)

JPD
08-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I looked it up on the internet, but it took some time to find usable information. It seems that the Agfa plate cameras had different flanges over the years. Rietzschelfalz, Normaldoppelfalz and Normalfalz. One owner of an Agfa Standard used Voigtländer holders.

I preferred to be on the safe side, and went with the Avus. :)

I'm still interested in an Agfa Isolar, but I guess it's best to wait until one is available WITH a bunch of plate holders. ;)

Ole
08-05-2007, 05:26 PM
... wait until one is available WITH a bunch of plate holders. ;)

That's the safest way. There is Rietzschelfalz, Normaldoppelfalz, Normalfalz, Universalfalz, Millionenfalz, and probably at least eight others I've never heard of.

The Voigtländers use Universalfalz, the Linhofs a Linhof-falz version of the Millionenfalz. I know those two, at least...

JPD
08-05-2007, 05:42 PM
The Voigtländers use UniversalfalzAccording to the Avus instruction manual they use Normalfalz. Perhaps Universalfalz is the same?

"Einzelne Kassetten können jederzeit nachbezogen werden, und zwar bestellt man sie für die Avus-Kamera mit folgender Angabe: Voigtländer-Avus-Metallkassette 6½ x 9cm bzw. 9 x 12cm mit Normalfalz"

And to make it more complicated:

"Nur bei dieser Angabe sind Sie sicher, passende Kassetten ohne Focusdifferenz zu erhalten".

Ole
08-05-2007, 05:51 PM
"Normalfalz" and "Universalfalz" are usually synonymous. At least they have been, in all the cases I've examined so far...

But I'll anyway have to agree with the manual: Voigtländer-Avus-Metallkassette are the best, and the only ones which are absolutely problem free.

By now I have 4 6.5x9 cameras (3 Voigtländer: VAG, AVUS and Bergheil; and a KaWee Patent Etui), 3 9x12cm cameras (Voigtländers AVUS and Bergheil, and a "Rodenstock"), a 4.5x6cm (nameless), and Plattenkassettenadapter for 9x12, 10x15 and 13x18 on International back (Linhof). And a small stack of miscellaneous holders which don't really fit any camera I have...

JPD
08-05-2007, 06:41 PM
By now I have 4 6.5x9 cameras (3 Voigtländer: VAG, AVUS and Bergheil; and a KaWee Patent Etui), 3 9x12cm cameras (Voigtländers AVUS and Bergheil, and a "Rodenstock"), a 4.5x6cm (nameless), and Plattenkassettenadapter for 9x12, 10x15 and 13x18 on International back (Linhof). That's a nice collection. :)

My 6,5x9 cameras:

Avus (Skopar, but now with 130mm Dagor)
Bergheil (Heliar 4,5/105)
Four KW Patent Etui with:
Tessar 4,5/105
Tessar 4,5/120
Helioplan 4,5/105
Unofokal 4,5/105

9x12:
Zeca with 4,5/135 Unofokal
and now the Avus with Skopar 4,5/135.

And a small stack of miscellaneous holders which don't really fit any camera I have...I call them "just in case holders". You'll never know when you find a fitting camera. I didn't think I had more than one holder that fit my Zeca 9x12, but found out today that I had four more! :)

Some holders are strange; the ones with a frame and pressure plate to be able to use both plates and sheet film without adapters. Only one half of the film/plate lays in the focus plane. I have six Kodak holders plus a couple of unmarked holders in Millionenfalz for 9x12 with this problem.

I have also a couple of 6,5x9 holders, seemingly in Normalfalz, but they only have flanges on the sides and not on the bottom.

There's a nice green Bergheil 9x12 with 4,5/15cm Heliar on german eBay at the moment. I guess it will go for 250-300 Euro. :(