PDA

View Full Version : ULF Film----Special order----20x24” AND BEYOND

Pages : [1] 2

lynux
08-04-2007, 11:55 PM
ULF FILM ----SPECIAL ORDER----20x24” AND BEYOND

Hello,
I am currently looking for other potential buyers in order to get enough people together for a special order of EFKE PL100 in Rollformat (175 micron polyester support):

Film width= 9.5” Roll Length=10m Minimum order quantity=10 Rolls
Film width= 20” Roll Length=10m Minimum order quantity=10 Rolls
Film width= 40” Roll Length=10m Minimum order quantity=10 Rolls

My main interest is focussed on the 20” width rolls, for following reasons:
1. you can cut out 20*24” as sheets
2. you can cut out 20”* XXX”, for anything larger as experiment
As long as you stick to the 20”width, you are able to get paper for making contact copies as a standard product.

I have a minor interest for the 9.5” width rolls, which would allow to have panoramic cameras 9.5” by XXX”; the reasons for only "minor" interest:
1. you can get aerofilm in this size
2. I do not think that you have available paper in this width as a standard product.

The very large width of 40" is currently of little interest to me, as it is simply too wide,
And I see no practical way to cut it into a standard smaller format. Nevertheless it is always good to know, there is a company out there willing to supply this as a special order.

The current commercial proposal has been worked out by Lotus View Camera in Austria,
and I think it would be best to email them directly to show your interest in a group ordering for 20" wide film.

Disclaimer: This is not a commercial posting. I have no personal interest in this matter, except that I want to get enough people interested to attain the minimum order quantity of 10 rolls.

---george w.

sanking
08-05-2007, 08:28 AM
ULF FILM ----SPECIAL ORDER----20x24” AND BEYOND

Hello,
I am currently looking for other potential buyers in order to get enough people together for a special order of EFKE PL100 in Rollformat (175 micron polyester support):

Film width= 9.5” Roll Length=10m Minimum order quantity=10 Rolls
Film width= 20” Roll Length=10m Minimum order quantity=10 Rolls
Film width= 40” Roll Length=10m Minimum order quantity=10 Rolls

My main interest is focussed on the 20” width rolls, for following reasons:
1. you can cut out 20*24” as sheets
2. you can cut out 20”* XXX”, for anything larger as experiment
As long as you stick to the 20”width, you are able to get paper for making contact copies as a standard product.

I have a minor interest for the 9.5” width rolls, which would allow to have panoramic cameras 9.5” by XXX”; the reasons for only "minor" interest:
1. you can get aerofilm in this size
2. I do not think that you have available paper in this width as a standard product.

The very large width of 40" is currently of little interest to me, as it is simply too wide,
And I see no practical way to cut it into a standard smaller format. Nevertheless it is always good to know, there is a company out there willing to supply this as a special order.

The current commercial proposal has been worked out by Lotus View Camera in Austria,
and I think it would be best to email them directly to show your interest in a group ordering for 20" wide film.

Disclaimer: This is not a commercial posting. I have no personal interest in this matter, except that I want to get enough people interested to attain the minimum order quantity of 10 rolls.

---george w.

George,

If 20X24" is the main interest why not just try to put together an order for film cut to that size and boxed?

Sandy King

Nick Zentena
08-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Could the 9.5" be cut down to 4x10? Or is the 9.5" 1/4" too short for the 10" side?

David A. Goldfarb
08-05-2007, 09:19 AM
I think Jim Galli's been shooting 8x9.5's cut from aerial film. If it's short on the long side it will still fit the holder, as long as you push the film in all the way, and I'd tap it down with the filmholder darkslide handle down before shooting so the film will be where you expect it to be in the holder. You would also want to shoot verticals with the darkslide handle end of the back down.

Nick Zentena
08-05-2007, 09:35 AM
30metre roll would only be about 100 sheets I think. I wonder if it makes more sense then ordering pre-cut from Fotoimpex. :confused:

lynux
08-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi all, thanks for the responses

here some additional comments:

1. 20x24" is not the issue here, I have enough in the freezer :)

2. the goal is to have an alternative in panoramic format, e.g.
-20x30" or
-9.5x30" or... or...
...with variable length to be able to use all the lense's circle of illumination

3. why 9.5 instead of 10"?
if a special back is being constructed, 9.5" will also allow the use of aerial
film, that is available in chrome and color negative

4. why 10m instead of 30m?
the per roll cost is much more manageable in shorter roll lengths,
remember that minimum order quantity is always 10 rolls, *independent
of width or length*

5. why order NOW?
the film business is a quickly changing market, with very few players;
I do not know how long there will be a company willing to execute
special orders at so low a minimum order price; after the surprises of the
last 2 years, i would be interested to put two or three rolls in the freezer,
whatever the width

...george w.

Hugo Zhang
08-05-2007, 06:27 PM
If they can cut the 9 1/2" into 19 1/2" length sheets and box them up, I will be interested in a few rolls.

lynux
08-06-2007, 02:07 PM
@hugo,
well, you can cut the length at *any* length you want

doing just precut 9.5x19.5" is surely possible, but I doubt you will find enough
other people interested to attain the minimum order quantity for that very and
unique size

it is much easier to get people grouped for buying a roll, where everybody
can cut to his length (with an appropriate rig, cutting to length should
be straigthforward)

the longer I am thinking about 9.5" wide rolls, the more it takes my interest;
I am thinking of a multiformat camera back, working like the Sinar zoom rollfilm
cassette, allowing variable length per picture,
with this you would no longer need separate filmholders, and you could adjust
the side ratio to the scene (9.5x9.5", 9.5x17", 9.5x28.5")

anyhow EFKE is so much cheaper than TMAX or else, that in my eyes it is worthwhile
for doing some experiments

---george w.

Nick Zentena
08-06-2007, 02:52 PM
I don't think the 9.5" works for me. I measured the 4x10 film holders and just think the film wouldn't sit right. It would be too much hit and miss on the exact film location. I guess I could tap the film down and compose for the far edge but the extra 1/4" or so to hit the normal width of 8x10 film would seem much nicer.

sanking
08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
BTW, is there any source at all of 20X24" film cut to size at this time?

I assume since Forte went under the BPF 200 has dried up? Does Fotoimpex offer anything in this size?

Sandy King

Michael Kadillak
08-06-2007, 06:12 PM
BTW, is there any source at all of 20X24" film cut to size at this time?

I assume since Forte went under the BPF 200 has dried up? Does Fotoimpex offer anything in this size?

Sandy King

John formerly of J&C has re-grouped and will announce a TMY offering initially in two formats very soon for 20x24 and 16x20 in 25 sheet boxes. He has paid for the film and is awaiting a ship date from Kodak as we speak. When he gets a specific date that the film has been cut, boxed and shipped, he will provide details as per pricing and shipping and an announcement will be made on the various channels and forums. This not a pre-order deal and as a result, it will be a first come first serve offering so do not hesitate if you are interested. We hope to bring TMY in two additional formats every two months for as long as people want or need TMY ULF sheet film.

Cheers!

PBrooks
08-06-2007, 08:30 PM
how great is that!!!!! Can 14x17 be in there too?
Phillip

Michael Kadillak
08-06-2007, 10:54 PM
how great is that!!!!! Can 14x17 be in there too?
Phillip

To be perfectly honest with you Phillip, 14x17 is down the list of popular formats and we must be aware of the fact that Kodak requires John to purchase a minimal volume of each size which just is what it is. It may require you to do some trimming of a larger size on your own. Popularity and numbers are the drivers in this business deal as the risk with unused inventory must be managed as intelligently as possible by John so he can keep the ball rolling.

That said I am completely confident that if enough interest in any format came forward it would be certain that it would be cut.

Cheers!

Simon R Galley
08-07-2007, 03:42 AM
Dear All,

We have completed our 2007 run of ULF film including 20 x 24 in HP5+ and FP4+ whilst its all pre-ordered if you check the sponsors forum some of our ULF partners in the USA may still have stock.

Simon : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

sanking
08-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Dear All,

We have completed our 2007 run of ULF film including 20 x 24 in HP5+ and FP4+ whilst its all pre-ordered if you check the sponsors forum some of our ULF partners in the USA may still have stock.

Simon : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Simon,

Would you please provide a list and contact information for your ULF partners in the USA?

Sandy King

Sal Santamaura
08-07-2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum146/35986-ilford-ulf-make-full-details.html

Dave Wooten
08-07-2007, 02:03 PM
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum146/35986-ilford-ulf-make-full-details.html

Thanks Sal and Simon.

Fred Newman Photography listed in the supplier link above is the View Camera Store, also an APUG Sponsor.:)

Michael Kadillak
08-31-2007, 09:36 AM
John formerly of J&C has re-grouped and will announce a TMY offering initially in two formats very soon for 20x24 and 16x20 in 25 sheet boxes. He has paid for the film and is awaiting a ship date from Kodak as we speak. When he gets a specific date that the film has been cut, boxed and shipped, he will provide details as per pricing and shipping and an announcement will be made on the various channels and forums. This not a pre-order deal and as a result, it will be a first come first serve offering so do not hesitate if you are interested. We hope to bring TMY in two additional formats every two months for as long as people want or need TMY ULF sheet film.

Cheers!

I have to eat my words here as John bailed out on all of us. He will never do business in the film business again in this lifetime so as a result, we are moving on. Good news will be forthcoming as I have just about got all of the details worked out to fill this void more effectively and without the lies.

Cheers!

Zebra
08-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Michael,

Any chance Kodak has a heart and would be open to those of us left holding a rather large bag by John getting a SUBSTANTIAL break on the orders we originally had the first go around. Eating words in one thing--eating 2300 dollars is another!:) I'm kidding on the last line of course as I realize you don't have responsibility in the matter. I have to say though its hard to just 'move on' from taking such a significant hit. My wife is a glass blower and we used some of her money to make this 'once in a lifetime' kind of order.

I realize that my deal was with John and his character and thak Kodak didn't necessarily have a hand in this but as long as negotaiations are taking place maybe good will can reign supreme and win back some of those that are a little gunshy to 'move forward' in the future.

Thank you for your continued efforts and I hope this suggestion is received in the respectful manner in which it is intended.

Best,

Monty

Michael Kadillak
08-31-2007, 11:36 PM
Michael,

Any chance Kodak has a heart and would be open to those of us left holding a rather large bag by John getting a SUBSTANTIAL break on the orders we originally had the first go around. Eating words in one thing--eating 2300 dollars is another!:) I'm kidding on the last line of course as I realize you don't have responsibility in the matter. I have to say though its hard to just 'move on' from taking such a significant hit. My wife is a glass blower and we used some of her money to make this 'once in a lifetime' kind of order.

I realize that my deal was with John and his character and thak Kodak didn't necessarily have a hand in this but as long as negotaiations are taking place maybe good will can reign supreme and win back some of those that are a little gunshy to 'move forward' in the future.

Thank you for your continued efforts and I hope this suggestion is received in the respectful manner in which it is intended.

Best,

Monty

Kodak has indicated to me in sponsor replacement negotiations that they are willing to hold the film price from 18 months ago. I wish there was a way that I could clean this one up for you Monty, but we will have to work this the best way that we can. More later my friend.

Things are intensely close to having things wrapped up for the next offering of TMY and I am excited in one sense for how much better this go around will be to the film consuming public. But at the same time I am steaming for those individuals that trusted John and were rewarded with a cold shoulder.

Cheers!