PDA

View Full Version : Found Photos in old cameras

JHannon
08-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Hello,

Here is an interesting link I found that has a large gallery of photographs found in old cameras. I find this stuff fascinating.

http://westfordcomp.com/updated/found.htm

--John

SuzanneR
08-10-2007, 05:32 PM
That is fascinating, John... all those orphan photos may well mean something to someone... and "someone" may never actually know of their existence.

David A. Goldfarb
08-10-2007, 05:35 PM
He's been posting those on the Classic Camera forum on photo.net for years. It was one of the last things that kept me active on photo.net before I stopped posting there a couple of years ago. They're fascinating.

Cheryl Jacobs
08-10-2007, 05:37 PM
I taught a workshop in Elora (outside Toronto) a few years back and stayed in a quaint little B&B. The woman who ran it was eager to show me a few old cameras she had inherited from her mother, who had died in the early fifties. She didn't realize that one of the cameras had an exposed roll in it. I was hoping she'd let me take the roll and process it for her, but I left before I could suggest it to her. Hopefully she found a good lab to do it for her.

- CJ

JHannon
08-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I love his stories about the photos.

I keep looking around for old cameras at the flea markets, hoping there is film inside to develop...

Jadedoto
08-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I love Gene. He's on nelsonfoto all the time.

He's the one who inspired me to go out and scour for films... I've been successful- and not so much when it comes to actually scanning them.

He has a wicked sense of humor :)

seawolf66
08-11-2007, 02:57 PM
If Gene ever puts a book out with all that he has done or found , I will try to be at the head of the line! his humor and good sense would make a great book with those old foto's