PDA

View Full Version : Darkroom Workshop for Beginners

thefizz
08-16-2007, 08:28 AM
I will be holding a one day workshop in Darkroom Printing for beginners on Saturday 25th August. This workshop is suited to beginners who wish to learn the basics of film development and darkroom printing. It may also suit those who have done darkroom work in the past but feel they may need a refresher course.

Each participant will need to bring at least one exposed and developed roll of traditional 35mm black & white film which can be of any subject. For this you can use any film camera from an expensive SLR to a basic compact camera.

All paper and chemicals will be supplied and full workshop notes will also be provided. The cost for the day is €50 and the venue will be Airfield House, Dundrum, Dublin 14, where free parking will be available. There is room for six people but I have four friends confirmed at present so there are two places free.

For further information, please feel free to pm me.

Peter

dferrie
08-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Peter,

Sounds like a great day, just sorry that I'll be away that weekend. Airfield is a great choice, lovely big dark room in a quiet location.

David

thefizz
08-29-2007, 08:42 AM
A second date is now set for another beginners workshop on 29th September. The cost this time will be between €65 to €75 depending on the final numbers attending. (6 max)

dferrie
08-29-2007, 10:57 AM
A second date is now set for another beginners workshop on 29th September. The cost this time will be between €65 to €75 depending on the final numbers attending. (6 max)

Peter,

That sounds great and very reasonable costs too! Off to check my diary hopefully I'll make it on the 29th.

David

Síle
09-10-2007, 06:54 AM

Hiya Peter,

I'm definitely on for the 29th September, I assume it's in Airfield, Dundrum again? Can you tell me what time will it start and end at?
Looking forward to it.
Thanks,

Síle

thefizz
09-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Hi Síle,

Yes its on in Airfield House, starting at 10am and finishing at 5pm. You can have lunch in the Airfield Cafe or the Dundrum Town Centre is only two minutes down the road.

There are currently three spaces available if anyone else is interested.

Peter

melball
09-10-2007, 07:58 AM
Balls!! Would have liked to come to this one but my folks are coming over from England for a weekend of pints and good food and that special Cork air. Will you be running another one?

thefizz
09-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Hi Mel,

A weekend of pints and good food sounds great to me. Its a shame I have this workshop or I might have joined you :D

I may organise another one but not sure when that might be. I'll keep you posted.

Peter

Droog
09-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Hi Peter - thanks for getting back to me. Count me in - delighted to be having a go at this. It's been too many years since I printed anything. Regards,
Andrew

thefizz
09-11-2007, 03:01 AM
Hi Andrew,

Great to have you on board.

Peter

Droog
09-29-2007, 07:42 PM
This was a most enjoyable and worthwhile darkroom refresher 'group session'. Peter, many thanks - it was all so easy and relaxed.
Andrew

Síle
09-30-2007, 09:12 AM
This was a most enjoyable and worthwhile darkroom refresher 'group session'. Peter, many thanks - it was all so easy and relaxed.
Andrew

I second that, it was a really great day, even with all the sabotage attempts ;)
Now all I need to do is get the shed/darkroom moving so I can keep it up!
Thanks again Peter,

Síle

thefizz
09-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks Andrew & Sile, glad you both enjoyed it. It was a pleasure spending the day with you in the Darkroom.