PDA

View Full Version : Lith print exchange, anybody interested?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Thomas Bertilsson
12-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Likewise here. My print from Mark arrived yesterday, and I absolutely love it. It's an awesome print with beautiful color. It is definitely going to be matted and eventually framed.
I guess my print is the lingering one....

- Thomas

matti
01-02-2008, 03:33 PM
I got a print from Thomas Bertilsson yesterday and I really like it. The Fomatone Classic MG produces some really special colors that I haven't seen with Forte. I am really bad at putting down the correct names of the colors, though. I probably have some bad self esteem at naming colors because some ophthalmologists have said that I am color blind... Anyway the colors work great with that darkened wood in the house and the slight flare (or is it mist) behind in the woods.
Thanks!
/matti

mikeg
01-11-2008, 04:26 PM
I've just received a lovely matted print from Sly. It's a close-up of some sandstone. The lith process really shows off the texture of the rock. Many thanks for the print.

That completes the round for me. It's been excellent, I've enjoyed both the making and receiving. Anyone up for another round?

Cheers

Mike

rst
01-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Anyone up for another round?
Yes, I am in again.

ciao
-- Ruediger

matti
01-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Me too!

/matti

tim_walls
01-12-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm sort of in again in-principle, but I struggled to get my print done in time, and in fact am still short receiving one back; I wonder if there's an argument for allowing more time this round?

Travis Nunn
01-12-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm in again.

matti
01-21-2008, 04:27 AM
So it seems like we are only five that want another round?
/matti

rst
01-21-2008, 04:34 AM
So if we are only five, why not have one group of five people and just start this new round of the lith print exchange right now. Maybe we should allow, as Tim mentioned, more time.

ciao
-- Ruediger

matti
01-21-2008, 04:44 AM
The sooner we start, the more time we get!

(Reminds me of when I were in Sri Lanka and in a hurry at a restaurant. After one hour, we told them we were in a hurry, and asked if they would bring our food soon. "Oh you are in a hurry? You should have come earlier, then!" I think they were right.)

I do agree on that, though. I want to explore some new stuff, a more gentle fixer and some Moersch chemicals that are on the way from Fotoimpex.

/matti

Fintan
01-21-2008, 05:30 AM
I'd like to do another one but would like more time. The prints I received were just fantastic and I need more practice to improve my standard.

Pete H
01-21-2008, 05:41 AM
I would like to join the new round. I haven't done very much lith printing yet, so I hope you don't mind some inexperience!

cheers

Pete

keeds
01-21-2008, 05:45 AM
Sorry, me please...

rst
01-21-2008, 05:55 AM
I would like to join the new round. I haven't done very much lith printing yet, so I hope you don't mind some inexperience!
I am inexperienced as well.

ciao
-- Ruediger

bdial
01-21-2008, 06:04 AM
I'll join in.

mikeg
01-21-2008, 06:38 AM
I'd like to do another one but would like more time. The prints I received were just fantastic and I need more practice to improve my standard.

I really think you're underselling yourself Fintan. I thought your print was great. Certainly nothing wrong with your technique or lith printing skills.

Cheers

Mike

mikeg
01-21-2008, 06:40 AM
Maybe we should start a new thread? That may attract a few more people.

Mike

rst
01-21-2008, 06:51 AM
Maybe we should start a new thread? That may attract a few more people.

MikeYes, that is a good idea. Who is going to volunteer here? I am already trying to organize the postcard exchange ...

ciao
-- Ruediger

mikeg
01-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Yes, that is a good idea. Who is going to volunteer here?

Mateo did this one, but if he doesn't want to do it again then I'll do it.

Mike

rst
01-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Mateo did this one, but if he doesn't want to do it again then I'll do it.
Great Mike, then either Mateo or you will start the new round in a few days? I am in, no matter who is going to organize it :)

ciao
-- Ruediger