PDA

View Full Version : I know the 210 Angulon is with the 24" RD Artar...

Pages : 1 [2]

Ole
09-11-2007, 05:21 AM
You're right RobertP, the longer Series III's remained f:7.7 after the redesign. So even when the name was changed to Dagor these were still f:7.7. I think I've seen a 360mm f:6.8 Dagor though, and even a 420 might just fit in a Compound #5 shutter. There might also be differences between Goerz US and Goerz Germany - especially after the latter was bought by Zeiss. :)

RobertP
09-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Ole, My 16 1/2" is an American Optical Double- Anastigmat Series III 7a F7.7. I use to have the chart for all the serial numbers but I can't find it anywhere. My serial numbers put this lens around 1903 if I remember correctly. Its in an Ilex 5 shutter.

Ole
09-11-2007, 05:21 PM
In other words - the confuscation is optimal. :)

RobertP
09-11-2007, 06:31 PM
I found the serial number list. It is from Eddie Bolsetzian, an ex Goerz tech. Mine is serial number 120xxx which puts it at 1902-1903. Just goggle his name and the list will come up.

David A. Goldfarb
09-14-2007, 01:13 PM
I've managed to black out the bathroom windows so I could load film. There are no electrical outlets in the bathroom, so I'm trying to find my battery operated Paterson process timer that lets me set three times and has a beeper so it can be operated in the dark for processing film. It has a magnet on the back, so it may be stuck to the enlarger where I usually put it, but the enlarger is in storage.

Found it! I tossed it in a box with my slide projector, kind of at random. Found my white cotton gloves there, too. I think I can start processing film again.

pelerin
09-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Since we moved a few weeks ago some of the darkroom is in storage while we are getting organized, but everything is a bit dispersed at the moment.
<snip>

Having seen a photo of your laboratory facility the first thing I thought of reading this was something along the lines of, "I hope you find the soap and towels soon." I am still impressed by the determination involved in making progress in that tiny workspace.

David A. Goldfarb
09-15-2007, 05:20 AM
Having seen a photo of your laboratory facility the first thing I thought of reading this was something along the lines of, "I hope you find the soap and towels soon." I am still impressed by the determination involved in making progress in that tiny workspace.

Let's just say I was inspired by some of the darkrooms I saw in tiny apartments in Eastern Europe where I was studying in Poland during the last days of Communism.

The new arrangement should be more comfortable, but I think I'll be limited to working mainly at night.

Kerik
09-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I still can't find my cordless drill. So, yesterday I stopped at Home Depot and bought a new one. This means, of course, I'll find the old one soon.

smieglitz
09-15-2007, 11:41 AM
You need two anyways, maybe more. You have the drill bit in one and the screwdriver bit in the other. But then you'll need the Phillips bit too. Saves a lot of chucking having a half dozen or so drill motors around.

Thomas Bertilsson
09-15-2007, 03:41 PM
I have this random piece in my camera collection missing. Whenever I hit the road there is always 'something' I seem to be missing. Last time I forgot my cable release. The time before that it was a light meter.
You would think that if this really mattered, I would keep it all organized on, say, one large shelf. But ack how I can spread my things around. It drives my wife crazy, and I'm starting to become increasingly irritated with the same...

To the original OP, Joe, I wish I could state I lost a 210 RD Artar... :) You'd have to buy one first, I presume. Yeah, that's why I never lost one. Glad you found it again.

- Thomas