PDA

View Full Version : Royal Meath Show in Trim 2nd Sept.

Pages : [1] 2 3

thefizz
08-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi folks,

I will have a stand at the Royal Meath Show in Trim, County Meath this Sunday September 2nd. If anyone is interested in coming to Trim for a few hours, let me know. It runs from 2 to 5pm.

The Royal Meath Show is an old fashioned outdoor Fair around the grounds of Trim Castle with traditional Irish music, dancing, story telling, arts & crafts etc. Its a fun day out for the family with farm animals and pets on show and races for the kids etc.

I will have fifteen monochrome prints on show (all taken in Meath) and I hope to sell one :) or two :D but I'm not holding my breath as this is my first time.

Peter

Fintan
08-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Hey Peter, good luck with the show and the selling!

thefizz
08-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the support Fintan.

I made a mistake with the times. The Fair is actually on from 9am to 5pm so if anyone is in the area, let me know and I can watch out for you.

Peter

dferrie
08-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Peter,

Best of luck with the show, not sure if I can make it :( , sounds great and I know my wife and children would enjoy but we have a lot on this weekend.

David

Síle
08-28-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm hoping to get up to Trim on Sunday afternoon sometime, I hope you have the weather sorted.. because I'm not organising it for you, it's waaay out of my league as you know only too well!

Try not to have everything sold by the time I get there.. :D
Good luck until then!

Síle

thefizz
08-29-2007, 03:30 AM
Hi Síle,

It would be great to see you in Trim. I'm hoping Fintan doesn't come as we now know he was responsible for the bad weather on our outings ;)

thefizz
08-29-2007, 03:32 AM
Try not to have everything sold by the time I get there.

I WISH :rolleyes:

melball
08-30-2007, 03:30 AM
Good luck Peter, hope they sell like hotcakes! Just been to Dundalk and back over the last two days, that's enough driving (or rather sitting in traffic on the M50) for me this week. I did manage to get some time at Monasterboice and Mellifont Abbey (complete with traditional scaffolding and authentic plastic wrapping) which made up for it. Any ideas for the next outing guys?

thefizz
08-30-2007, 04:03 AM
Hi Mel,

I love Mellifont Abbey and Monasterboice, glad you got to see them. Pitty about the scaffolding, thats the first I heard of any in those places.

Must put our thinking caps on for another outing.

Peter

melball
08-30-2007, 06:15 AM
Monasterboice was scaffolding free, Mellifont took a bit of creative composition to hide it but hopefully I got some nice shots.

Síle
08-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Hi Síle,

It would be great to see you in Trim. I'm hoping Fintan doesn't come as we now know he was responsible for the bad weather on our outings ;)

Does this mean we have our very own rainman? :D

Excellent...

Síle

thefizz
09-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Well yesterday turned out better that I could have hoped for. Beforehand I was hoping to sell two or three but ended up selling six (two were framed) so I'm very happy with my first Fair.

Thanks to Sile and her daughter for coming down, hope you had a good day.

Peter

dferrie
09-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Peter,

Congratulations on a very successful first outing, all your hard work paid off!

David

thefizz
09-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks David, it was a long day but enjoyable. Got a few good enquiries that may result in further sales but time will tell.

Síle
09-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Well yesterday turned out better that I could have hoped for. Beforehand I was hoping to sell two or three but ended up selling six (two were framed) so I'm very happy with my first Fair.

Thanks to Sile and her daughter for coming down, hope you had a good day.

Peter

We both enjoyed our day immensely.. the fact that we couldn't win a Goldfish didn't dampen our spirits.. but how I wished I could have won that Massey Ferguson... Ooh arr..

Congratulations again on the show the prints were all gorgeous.. and beautifully matted and framed.. and I'm sure the remaining prints will go soon too.
The only bad thing about the day is that it looks like it's you or me that's causing the rain...:rolleyes:

Síle

thefizz
09-04-2007, 03:21 AM
The only bad thing about the day is that it looks like it's you or me that's causing the rain...:rolleyes:

Síle

No its not us Sile as every time Fintan text me on Sunday, it started to rain, so I still think he is still responsible. :D

Fintan
09-09-2007, 03:06 PM
hey i'm just noticing this slander!!

seriously though i got my hands on one of peters prints, a castle in ruins in front of a corn field taken with IR film and its just stunning.

thefizz
09-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks Fintan, you're too kind.

That print of Carrickdexter Castle is my favorite also.

fluffy_penguins
09-12-2007, 12:37 PM
congrats on the success!

count me in for another photo expedition. just name the time and place.

in other news.... i have a date for my driving test! it will be november 2nd at 8:30 am. please send good thought out to the driving gods that morning, please!

c.

melball
09-13-2007, 03:08 AM
I'll be praying for you fluffly.....and make sure I'm off the road as well:D :D Good luck!

Mel